Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Trekmar
Level: 670

Post Prospecting discrepancy
I know this has likely been discussed before, but I missed that discussion so I'll start it up again.

Why does it take 8x longer to extract resources than it says for the beam?
The base rate listed for the panning beam is 1 unit every 5 seconds. So it should be 1 unit every 5 seconds. Not 1 unit every 40 seconds.
Don't tell me I need to raise the mining skills to get faster extractions.
The BASE RATE is supposed to be 1 per 5.

Trek

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:14 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3762

Post Re: Prospecting discrepancy
Different resources extract at different rates through prospecting

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:24 pm
Main: Trekmar
Level: 670

So far EVERYTHING I have prospected has been at 40 seconds or so.
And that info should be listed on the beam. A statement saying 5 seconds is horribly inaccurate.

Trek

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:40 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

monroe wrote:
So far EVERYTHING I have prospected has been at 40 seconds or so.
And that info should be listed on the beam. A statement saying 5 seconds is horribly inaccurate.

Trek

I watched someone extract metals every quarter of a second or less in Dax the other day.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:51 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3762

Well I dont know exactly whats happening in your case but it sounds like your missing a variable, rather than there being an actual discrepancy, thus I tried to supply what was missing :P

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:00 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

The power levels on the scanners are also so far out of whack its crazy. They two different scanners are different and then also don't match beam power. My scanners sometimes won't pickup alien bacteria but will tell me "something" is in that planet and my beam extracts alien bacteria.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Main: Tholyn
Level: 2707

What I have seen when I prospect is that when you first start, it begins slowly (or very slowly depending on the tier of commod) then increases as time goes on depending on the size of the node. With a low TL extractor it would take me ~15 seconds per extraction on a tier 3 commod, but after about 1 minute it would increase to ~3 seconds per commod depending on how long you are extracting.

Edit: Did a little digging and found this:

Quote:
Prospecting Changes 7.3.13

Today we just did a micropatch containing quite a few changes to the newly added Prospecting!

Firstly, the way the Power stat on Prospecting Beams has been reworked. In the previous implementation, the power stat determined if you could extract from a node or not. If the node had a signature that was too high for your beam, you could prospect it forever and never get anything. This led to a fair bit of confusion since it was possible to scan something with a Power 20 scanner but not be able to prospect it due to only having a Power 10 or Power 15 beam. This is no longer the case. Any prospecting beam can extract from any node now. The Power stat now determines how quickly you can prospect relative to the signature of the node.

The new formula for this is Extraction Speed = Prospector Speed * Node Signature / Extraction Power (the old forumla for this was Extraction Speed = Prospector Speed).

Second. Some nodes can get a LOT of resources (I am looking at you, Copper!). This led to a lot of frankly boring waiting around at 10s a commodity until the entire node was empty. I have made some changes here as well. Prospecting Beams now speed up extraction based on how long you have been extracting a node. This speed up is also controlled by the Extraction Power stat on your prospecting beam.

Third. Prospecting Nodes previously had a hard cap on how many commodities they could store. This is now a soft cap and the longer a prospecting node sits, the more resources it will accumulate. The rate of accumulation however is relative to how full the node is using the soft cap. Fuller nodes will fill more slowly. What this means for players though is that nodes tucked away in hard to find locations will be extremely rewarding.

These are some significant changes and they all should make prospecting more enjoyable and rewarding! Feel free to discuss here!

Calypso

Hope that helps

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:24 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Greetings...

Cool! We were discussing this in Team Chat today on DSF training the recruits in prospecting. This is excellent information for Referral!

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:21 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

monroe wrote:
I know this has likely been discussed before, but I missed that discussion so I'll start it up again.

Why does it take 8x longer to extract resources than it says for the beam?
The base rate listed for the panning beam

This would be because you are using the lowest beam there is.

http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/T ... g_Tractors

Try using a Drilling Beam or higher and you might get a better extraction rate?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:05 pm