Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Team: Relentless Community
Main: SinsOfOurFathers
Level: 6063

Post Re: Petition to hold exploiters accountable.
The Vert if you guys would stop lieing and honestly reward people for bugs they would report them. I am flat out calling you a liar saying there are new rewards because i know first hand for the couple exploitable bugs i reported i got nothing. Anyone who wants to can give me shit saying i should report them for the sake of the game and such but we all know thats BS. Why should anyone go out of the way to report them just to gain nothing when the people who are exploiting them are getting to keep what they get.

Ps: You know what reward i got when a few people exploited the dead ship tractoring bases? Let me tell you I got the reward of blue dwarf watching them do it and the reward of blue dwarf watching them kill 1 kit at a time 12K distance out after they towed each one. I got the reward of loosing 3 full sets of ada gear including damps. I also got the reward of not a single person getting not even a temp ban after blue dwarf watched them do it. I sure love the reward system for reporting bugs.

Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Fri May 08, 2015 2:12 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

The new rewards are very nice.

Fri May 08, 2015 2:24 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

I'm not reponsible for player relations and support, so I can't really make a statement towards that. What I'm saying is that we have within the last week(s) discussed some new rewards that I believe we're using now :) I'm also interested in doing my best in making sure that those who report an issue get treated well for being honest, which I can allow myself to do without even relating it to the primary rewards.

And I can't really comment on such a major overhaul to the game. That is something that have to be discussed within the developer team as a whole, and not something that I can comment on or make any promises on on behalf of myself as a volunteer developer :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Tony
Level: 6348

1 year half life on creds ftw.

Fri May 08, 2015 3:56 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

The Vert wrote:
And I can't really comment on such a major overhaul to the game. That is something that have to be discussed within the developer team as a whole, and not something that I can comment on or make any promises on on behalf of myself as a volunteer developer :)

"Hey I can't comment on this, here's why:"

Thank you for doing that. :wink:

Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 pm
Team: Immortal Silver
Main: ASpaceShip
Level: 4354

This is pretty funny, the fact that a player has to suggest a petition. If you let ppl get away with everything, they keep doing it because.. no consequences..

Its like the owners of this game just wanna not do anything all of the time and dont even give a shit about the game at all, just the whole 'i dont wanna get up early and shave, gimmie money' I dont blame them of coz, because slacking off is awesome.

I like the idea of a clean slate, but it would probably upset ppl who legitimately worked so hard.

We had a discussion in all chat about a solution to gazillion of creds, levels, items in the game as a result of exploiting by pretty much all the ppl who had negative comments in this post.. admins seem to think only a small amount of ppl know who's dont what, some of the stuff is pretty common knowledge though.

The admins have been boasting about how amazing the new servers are, why not add another live server, and direct the new players from steam there, and let existing players make characters there too.. double the amount of char slots you can have so u can play on either server, just dont promote the existing one. (Even just make it first in the list or the default in the client)

In the last 2 weeks ive watched end game players who are suppose to give a shit about the game (at least they do in front of admins) give mega cruel shit to legit newbies and kids. One dude i was talking to told me 'fuck this game why are ppl such c..t's... here take all my money i quit..' after i watched ppl (including a mod) abuse and mock them. And while.. i didn't take anything cause it was such a small amount not worth a transwarp to sol.. i did take it that.. the behavior in this game are a huge problem for new players.

Im not a long time player of this game, just over a year, ive done okay, been playing mmo's since around 96, probably longer than alot of ppl here have been able to wipe their own arse. But the utter mean treatment of new players is out of control, ive never seen anything like it, even in pure pvp games. We have mods abusing anybody who asks a support type question to them, and muting ppl with no warnings when they don't even get why. And they delight in it too, i mean.. a 2 week mute for some1 posting 1 line joke in trade? Wtf is that about? A mod calling me a 'stupid retarded c.nt' because i didn't express the issue i was having with email clearly enuff for them to understand, perhaps he was drunk or high or something and although i understand they are volunteers, these ppl represent authority given by the game owners.

Add a new server (with all this new server power we are hearing about), make it ZERO TOLERANCE for anybody caught doing anything wrong at all. Bring everybody back to a equal standing and let the big fish stay in their little pond if they want. And police the police, atm this game seems to be a case of 'the lunatics are running the asylum'.

Sat May 09, 2015 4:19 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

I'll comment on one of your concerns. We have a zero tolerance on moderators misbehaving, so I advise you to send a support ticket on that :)

And any and all mutes longer than 120 minutes are set by the support manager, and the support manager only. Those sort of mutes are normally given out to people who repeatedly break the rules within a short time frame. Extended mutes like that is something we rarely give out, so there is more to that example than you know of, I can guarantee you that much :)

We don't tolerate harassment of new players, so if you have any examples of that, please send in a support ticket, or direct them to me in a private message :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Sat May 09, 2015 9:49 am
Main: Vicious01
Level: 5895

Did someone say bindo???!!?!

Fri May 15, 2015 4:21 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

*spams da atlas shield magic during pvp*

Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:02 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

floflo02 wrote:
*spams da atlas shield magic during pvp*

Kek

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Let's see how you like it when the stone gets thrown into your own alley, shall we? EF succesfully popped a Traders shop in Earthforce space by using some exploit to circumvent slave aggro.

Please note that any remaining respect for EF just went down the toilet and I think you should be ashamed of yourselves for resorting to such cheap tactics to finally gain some sort of victory in this war.

I hope the people responsible get what they deserve.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:46 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Wow

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:26 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Mindfist83 wrote:
Did someone say bindo???!!?!

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:23 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Just to clear up some confusion.

Our combat slave did not shoot first, it was the Traders bases that did. Our combat slave simply fired back when it was being shot at. This is a bug that we've in the past have experienced between Red Faction and Eminence Front as well, where it was our bases that were being shot at by a Red Faction combat slave, and it is likely that our bases fired first in that situation as well. The administrators haven't solved or fixed this bug. This often happens without the owner of the slave being aware of the situation, or having any control of the situation, just like with this case.

The Traders base had 2700 shields. I think we all find that a bit funny, considering the teams involved.

VaporiZe from Traders was sitting in Free Market exploiting a bug, using a Gamma Emitter to drain our shields (could possibly be the trigger for the bug). We had to tell him to stop. He is no longer in Traders on his main, but his alts are.

So to avoid confusion. Eminence Front did not exploit, we simply had one of our slaves involved in a bug that has been around for a fair bit of time, and then we were accused of exploiting. As far as I heard, nothing of value was lost, and I hope we can avoid situations like this in the future.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next