Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Post Re: Petition to hold exploiters accountable.
Of course you didn't, and jet fuel can't melt steel beams, right?

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:42 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Just to clarify, Slaves/Bases/Drones or others cannot shoot any player/player owned possession even if it is being shot at by it. Proof is when these weird events happen our bases were not going full firing on each other. Any way a slave shooting at a base will not make the base shoot back at it as far as what I've seen. If you seen slaves/bases shoot back when this bug happens then would be helpful to the admins if there are any picture/video information to figure out whats going on.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:47 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

andezrhode2a wrote:
Just to clear up some confusion.

Our combat slave did not shoot first, it was the Traders bases that did. Our combat slave simply fired back when it was being shot at. This is a bug that we've in the past have experienced between Red Faction and Eminence Front as well, where it was our bases that were being shot at by a Red Faction combat slave, and it is likely that our bases fired first in that situation as well. The administrators haven't solved or fixed this bug. This often happens without the owner of the slave being aware of the situation, or having any control of the situation, just like with this case.

The Traders base had 2700 shields. I think we all find that a bit funny, considering the teams involved.

VaporiZe from Traders was sitting in Free Market exploiting a bug, using a Gamma Emitter to drain our shields (could possibly be the trigger for the bug). We had to tell him to stop. He is no longer in Traders on his main, but his alts are.

So to avoid confusion. Eminence Front did not exploit, we simply had one of our slaves involved in a bug that has been around for a fair bit of time, and then we were accused of exploiting. As far as I heard, nothing of value was lost, and I hope we can avoid situations like this in the future.

Any proof of this at all? What if I just say that your slaves shot first? I asked Vaporize and he said he wasn't doing anything of the sort and that, asfar as he knows, he doesn't even have a gamma emitter. He claims he just saw team chat getting spammed with warning messages all of a sudden, so unless you have any kind of proof on this, Thermal, I'll call you out on bullshitting here.

I've also talked to RF and they claim EF has been actively trying to kill one of their players his stuff in other Earthforce Layer galaxies as well. I don't know much about that, however, so I will let Danger clarify that. I believe it was concerning goofy.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:23 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

There was many events towards goofy in the galaxy "Huxley" where EF slaves/bases shot goofy's slaves repeatedly. goofy's slaves did die but we fixed up his base to have more hps to not let his slaves die anymore. It still happened a bit after that, but since goofy's slaves didn't die he didn't worry about it too much.
This was not limited to this galaxy, as many other galaxies which goofy had slaves trading it died randomly, which they didn't die to ai since goofy has many bases throughout which defend his slaves as well as drones in those galaxies without bases.

Also to the fact of EF's shields draining could be caused by a radiation field on a base.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:37 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Hold the fuck up, 2700 shields on a shop? What has this no PvP in EF crap done to people...

On another note, since no one actually knows the trigger for this bug, how can you say EF did it intentionally. For all you know this bug could be affecting specific players, and the base went down without the slave owner knowing why, because one thing if for certain if you had 2700 shields on that base when this bug triggered there is not a damn thing EF could have done to stop it at that point.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

DarkSteel and I have resolved this already, and the information I posted was from a conversation with an administrator who looked into it, so there isn't really anything more to this issue unless something else is uncovered in the support tickets. But the player involved from our side (thelongside) also gave me the same explanation, so everything seems to point in that direction. Our observations of VaporiZe also seems to be based on a misunderstanding, so I have to withdraw that part and apology for such.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:07 am
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

One simple suggestion...

Ban all exploiters in period od 15 days before and 30 days after uni reset.

Problem solved.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Hold the fuck up, 2700 shields on a shop? What has this no PvP in EF crap done to people...

On another note, since no one actually knows the trigger for this bug, how can you say EF did it intentionally. For all you know this bug could be affecting specific players, and the base went down without the slave owner knowing why, because one thing if for certain if you had 2700 shields on that base when this bug triggered there is not a damn thing EF could have done to stop it at that point.

Except for this minor fact that you have to be in galaxy for your slaves to shoot.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:39 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

ELITE wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Except for this minor fact that you have to be in galaxy for your slaves to shoot.

Well I was mostly referring to if they were AFK as most of the SS playerbase is at any given moment.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:11 am
Team: The League Of Gentlemen
Main: Wildfox 4
Level: 1283

So haters gonna hate? Here is someone red handed! either get to fighting or get to dying Star sonata. Subscribers are watching.

Heylo your finger prints are all over this thread in opposition. Go figure.

Mon May 09, 2016 12:11 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Would expect DarkSteel's opinion is probably that if the admins do not issue punishments, then nothing is technically an exploit. And like high paid corporate lawyers, any incoming sentence can be drawn out so long that the point becomes moot and the cost on the justice system outweighs locking up the criminal. Even if you do punish the exploiter, that is still a two sided coin because SS is so small a player can literally knock off a couple of percents to your income. Do you remove the exploiter and risk losing 15% of your subs when their team unsubs in protest, or do you let the exploiter go free knowing the damage he has done and the damage he will do from now on?

Mon May 09, 2016 1:40 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

carterstrain wrote:
Would expect DarkSteel's opinion is probably that if the admins do not issue punishments, then nothing is technically an exploit. And like high paid corporate lawyers, any incoming sentence can be drawn out so long that the point becomes moot and the cost on the justice system outweighs locking up the criminal. Even if you do punish the exploiter, that is still a two sided coin because SS is so small a player can literally knock off a couple of percents to your income. Do you remove the exploiter and risk losing 15% of your subs when their team unsubs in protest, or do you let the exploiter go free knowing the damage he has done and the damage he will do from now on?

I am pretty much taking the lack of punishment as an open invitation for anyone to exploit.

I think we should bring back Zwi and the Dominican Republic team to spawn credits again, these days I don't think they'd get even so much as a mute.

Mon May 09, 2016 5:03 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

We do not publicly announce punishments, that does not mean that no punishment was given.

Mon May 09, 2016 6:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Can I ask why?

That seems like something that should be transparent, if for nothing else than a warning of the consequences that someone may face for exploiting.

Just seems needless to hide the punishments and when half the devs are on in-game teams, I remain skeptical and suspicious if punishment was handed out at all other than a note added to that persons profile saying "Player was issued second warning over ____"

Mon May 09, 2016 7:45 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

The Voomy One wrote:
We do not publicly announce punishments, that does not mean that no punishment was given.

K, you understand publicly releasing the punishment instils fear in others to not exploit? Further, showing the playerbase that you are doing something about it not only shows activity on your part but it also shows you care. By hiding everything who knows if you are bullshitting.

TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |

Mon May 09, 2016 9:37 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next