Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: Petition to hold exploiters accountable.
anilv wrote:
You forgot the arguably most game breaking one of them all: the Bindo bug

good old bindo bug
its still there, admins know about it for how many years? and still no change? wtf
Tomzta09 wrote:
I thought discussing exploits on the forum wasn't allowed? :roll:

its allowed when its already to far to stop it
or when EF starts it?

Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Just gonna throw this tidbit of genius in here; polls exist.

Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 pm
Team: Relentless Community
Main: SinsOfOurFathers
Level: 6063

There are so many more bugs that people know about that they are not reporting its unreal. Its pretty sad to because they use them to gain a advantage over other players who are also doing it. It has come to the point you have to not report them to stay in the game. One of the reasons i don't play anymore. SS needs a total reset after bugs are fixed to level the playing field.

Sun May 03, 2015 11:21 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

thecrazygamemaster wrote:

Yeah, but the OP is a retard, so he decided to instead drop a regular thread without a poll claiming that all feedback, even disagreement, was support.

Scratch that, it was actually pretty smart because he was trying to remove any incentive for anyone with an opposing opinion to post in his thread (not very well thought out thought control ftw?). Unfortunately for him this is the motherfucking internet, and no one gives a shit about "if you post you automatically agree with me" clauses.

Anyway I think this thread is best summed up by this
heylo wrote:
If the playerbase wanted it then your petition wouldve been a success. Instead, it's a total flop. Think of that for a second before you throw "what the playerbase wants" around.

Don't attempt to speak for a playerbase that clearly disagrees with you...

Ass clown.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:10 am
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

ShawnMcCall wrote:

Yeah, but the OP is a retard, so he decided to instead drop a regular thread without a poll claiming that all feedback, even disagreement, was support.

Scratch that, it was actually pretty smart because he was trying to remove any incentive for anyone with an opposing opinion to post in his thread (not very well thought out thought control ftw?). Unfortunately for him this is the motherfucking internet, and no one gives a shit about "if you post you automatically agree with me" clauses.

heylo wrote:
If the playerbase wanted it then your petition wouldve been a success. Instead, it's a total flop. Think of that for a second before you throw "what the playerbase wants" around.

Ass clown.

You should totes fight him IRL over this.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:30 am

Skirmish wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

heylo wrote:

Ass clown.

You should totes fight him IRL over this.

Dude, my dad... could totally beat up his dad.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:32 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

The admins don't ban exploiters because "there are too many" sends a signal that exploiting and cheating are okay as long as lots of people do it. And that is very bad when you're trying to advertise a game to 70% of the computer game industry. Just look at Bindomite. That physically broke the game and gives an extremely unfair advantage over anyone who isn't aware of it or who joins in years to come..

Mon May 04, 2015 4:42 am

Tomzta09 wrote:
The admins don't ban exploiters because "there are too many" sends a signal that exploiting and cheating are okay as long as lots of people do it. And that is very bad when you're trying to advertise a game to 70% of the computer game industry. Just look at Bindomite. That physically broke the game and gives an extremely unfair advantage over anyone who isn't aware of it or who joins in years to come..

But at the same time, is it worth it to ban (or even alienate by removing the gear) a large portion of the already meager playerbase providing your income in hopes that you can keep your head above water until you build back up? I would totally agree with you, and even the OP if SS was like blizzard with a playerbase numbering in the millions. It's not though, and in business it is better to exist on someone else's terms until you can establish your own than to stop existing.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:48 am
Main: Expert
Level: 0

What?! No one cares about none of them rulez

Mon May 04, 2015 9:22 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

In the past they have managed to "overwrite" bad mechanics successfully a few times. For example, super expensive base gear was essentially superseded when they put in the new Z gear, without totally pissing off the players who'd already built a lot of the expensive stuff. So I guess the same principle could be used to fix the Bindomite problem.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 am

anilv wrote:
In the past they have managed to "overwrite" bad mechanics successfully a few times. For example, super expensive base gear was essentially superseded when they put in the new Z gear, without totally pissing off the players who'd already built a lot of the expensive stuff. So I guess the same principle could be used to fix the Bindomite problem.

True, the only issue would be finding a suitable solution. The gear has completely saturated the game.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:42 pm
over 9000!

How about putting in some other kind of Bindomite that lets you choose the mod you want? It'd be a lot more expensive to obtain, of course. The effect would be to make mods the norm in the endgame, which of course they already are due to the original bug.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 pm

anilv wrote:
How about putting in some other kind of Bindomite that lets you choose the mod you want? It'd be a lot more expensive to obtain, of course. The effect would be to make mods the norm in the endgame, which of course they already are due to the original bug.

Definitely not a bad idea, though I would say that it should probably clear existing mods, so that people don't just tack choice mods onto already quad-modded top of the line gear.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:54 pm
over 9000!

There could be multiple tiers of these commods. The first one would maybe give you 1 mod of choice plus 1 random mod, but higher tiers could give multiple choices. In any case, it'd still neuro-bind the item.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:04 pm

anilv wrote:
There could be multiple tiers of these commods. The first one would maybe give you 1 mod of choice plus 1 random mod, but higher tiers could give multiple choices. In any case, it'd still neuro-bind the item.

I feel like there's a joke there about how bindomite was supposed to do that to begin with.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next