Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Come test out the new superitems for Tech 22 ships!
Hey guys :) We have put the new superitems on test server (test.starsonata.com port:3030) for you guys to try out! They are available for purchase on Enforcer Station in Sol.

The test server is slightly outdated, but you can put the superitem on any ship you want. Enforcer Station will also allow you to train Equipment to 22.

Here is a list of which items will appear on which ships, and some basic idea of what they do:

Harrier - Harrier Strike - Fires off some projectiles that give forced thrust, along with a damage bonus and projectile speed bonus

UrQa’qa Qu’ishi Qa - Qua Uuu Qa - Does a missile that has inverted knockback

Merchant Navy Contriver - The 3 Merchant Modules - One increases docking speed, one increases tractors, electrical recharge and speed, and one gives you 0 speed

Kalthi Warrior - Warrior Efficiency - Does a tweak with electrical tempering

Kalthi Deployer - Deployer Recharge - Does a tweak that increases energy recharge and shield recharge

Kalthi Stinger - Stinger Attack - Does a tweak with damage and speed bonus

Kalthi Commander - Commander Armada - Does 3 Kalthi Fighters and 1 Kalthi Missile

Kalthi Wrathful Warrior - Kalthi Paralysation - Decreases the thrust and speed of nearby enemies

Kalthi Wrathful Deployer - Kalthi Healing Device - Does a tweak that increases Transference Efficiency and Transference Power

Kalthi Wrathful Stinger - Kalthi Blinder - Decreases the radar of nearby enemies

Kalthi Wrathful Commander - Kalthi Burn - Decreases the heat resistances of nearby enemies

Kalthi Armored Warrior - Kalthi Sanctuary - Does a shield tweak and increases transference vulnerability

Kalthi Armored Deployer - Kalthi Protection Forcefield - Does a bubbledrone

Kalthi Armored Stinger - Kalthi Armored Revitalization - Does a shield recharge tweak and a critical hit resistance tweak

Kalthi Armored Commander - Kalthi Minion Protection - Does a few tanky fighters

Resistance - Resistant - Does a tweak that increases resistances and reduces speed

Divine Behemoth - Divine feet of adum - Does a tweak with speed and thrust bonus

Please post feedback and comments in this post! :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu May 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Post Re: Come test out the new superitems for Tech 22 ships!
And so far, we've worked out that the electrical tempering bonus is inverted, so we're going to take a look at that :)

And projectile speed is broken for tweaks, so we're looking into that too!

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Also worth nothing: www.starsonata.com points to the wrong test server, so it shows it as down, but the server is up :)

Thu May 21, 2015 1:33 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Snurt
Level: 9819

Resistance is the only ship i have, so I'll comment on the inbuilt it got.

It works a charm! Bang up work on it=) It doesn't seem to be effected by neuro tweak tho, but maybe that's intended.

Thu May 21, 2015 2:20 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

General note -- No neurotweaking? Bleh!

Tested in a Rhino. So I'll leave the fighters / missiles to someone else.

Contriver's Anchor Module:
Gives me -100% max speed, doesn't actually affect my speed if I am already moving. Thought this was meant to be a sing. brake-esque effect?

Maybe you could make the item just a 0 range teleport item that resets your speed to zero?

Contriver's Beam Module:
Looks good. Can it increase range aswell?

Contriver's Docking Module:
Think this is fine.

Kalthi Refresher:
Can it have a flat regen bonus as well? Zero-regen shields are popular.

Divine Feet of adum:
All praise adum! Seems fine.

Harrier Talons:
Personally I don't like how long it takes to fire all the shots. But maybe it's fine.

Kalthi Armored:
Not sure about the +crit resist. Could you have it as +resist, +crit resist? +shield regen isn't really armor.

Kalthi Blinder:
Can't test this one atm.

Kalthi Healing Device:
+trans power, +efficiency is okay, but a bit boring. How about an AoE healing aura for a few seconds instead?

Kalthi Protection Forcefield:
Seems neat. Dunno what resists it has.

Kalthi Sanctuary:
Seems fine.

Resistant:
Yessssss.

Stinger Attack:
Pewpew!

Warrior Efficiency:
Change the description to someting else. Maybe "Kalthi Technology adds efficiency to your destruction."

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Thu May 21, 2015 2:32 pm

It is intended that neurotweaking does not apply to these items :)

The Anchor Module I could give forced thrust, and it should put you at 0 speed so I'll take a look at that!

The Beam Module uses the only neurotweak we have for tractorbeams, so if it doesn't apply any range, then there is little I can do there.

By Kalthi Refresher I assume you meant the Deployer Recharge. I don't see a flat recharge bonus as balanced towards both Support Focus classes, so I'd rather keep it the way it is :)

The Harrier Strike uses the recoil on the Harrier Sharp Talons set in the balancesheets, so I can't think of any way of increasing the rate of fire on it while also increasing rate of fire on all other weapons. But I'll see what I can do :)

I didn't want to give a resistance tweak to the Kalthi Armored Stinger, that feels like I just give it a Grand Paxian Salvation, which was not the intention.

Kalthi Healing Device is supposed to allow burst healing for that ship only, it would be too powerful to make it an auratweak with Area of Effect attributes :)

And I'll change the description on the Warrior Efficiency, thank you!

And thanks for all the great feedback :) Does anyone else have anything on the power of the drone or the missiles or fighters?

Thu May 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Quote:
The test server is slightly outdated, but you can put the superitem on any ship you want. Enforcer Station will also allow you to train Equipment to 22.

Yes. A bit. At least 4 months outdated. I think it's quite pointless to test items without access to any of the items from perilous perilous space.

Seriously. Wtf.

Thu May 21, 2015 4:49 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Merchant navy anchor: Give it a lot of forced thrust so the ship stops instantly. Otherwise it probably won't stop completely (keeping in mind they can weigh up to 2b).

Kalthi burn- I wasn't sure what it did, which figures seeing as I had no heat weapons (perhaps a tad niche for a super item?).

Kalthi Sanctuary- The shield bank is fairly useless imo. If it lasted for long enough to compete with conventional tweaks or gave + resistance instead it'd be nice.

Kalthi Healing Device: Very powerful. It doesn't last for too long, but when it is in effect it's substantially better than the bhisaj inbuilt, from what i remember of it.

Kalthi Protection Forcefield: Mixed feelings. On the one hand it's powerful as a tanky drone, probably much better than the samgrahka inbuilt. On the other hand it doesn't last too long, so encourages active play. Not sure if I'm really happy with the thing protecting my drones vanishing every 30? seconds though. Might just use a bubble drone instead of running back to lay another...

Kalthi Armored Revitalization: At first I thought it was powerful, but then I realised it only heals 5k shield bank, amounting to roughly 83 regen per second. The pax inbuilts are good in part due to their resistance buff; this thing I'm not so sure about, but I don't do much SD? pvp so I can't say much more.

Harrier Strike- I like the projectile speed bonus, but the only weapon I can think of it being used with are bursts. Not sure if that's a good thing. It also lasts for quite a long time, so using it for seers or some stealthy hit and run kind tactics seems out of the question... not sure if that balances it or makes it useless.

Kalthi Efficiency: Honestly if it worked, I think I might perfer it to Paralysation a lot of the time, although Kalthi Paralysation could be useful in pvp.
Paralyzation: Maybe if the -speed were increased? Reminds me of the prawn aura except it's not on all the time :(

UrQa'qa Qu'ishi Qa: It takes a lot of energy for what it does and also affects friendly objects. Also it gives a global debuff because of the gunner skill... atm it's useless, if it only affected enemies it'd be very good (although sitting there and spamming it would be horribly annoying. Would rather have a missile generator super item?).

Something else that seems worth noting is the way in which everything gets sucked towards the missile and thus (effectively) the target, as opposed to being sucked towards a specific point in space or the player's ship. Seemd a bit strange to me but maybe that's intended?

Resistant: It's very short. Just a few more seconds? :D
Or so long as travel fields can still be equipped, a periodic aura?...

Thu May 21, 2015 6:32 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Quick question, are the wrathful and armored kalthi ships going to have the regular kalthi ship superitems too or will they be entirely replaced with the new superitem they get?

Also, I'd love to use those T22 fighters and missiles, too bad you need a fighter bay / missile launcher of that tech to use them. Perhaps add a Hybridized Coronae and Piloting to 22, along with a T22 fighter bay and T22 missile bay to Enforcer Station too so we can test those out?

Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

meaby if you wanted more feedback you could of made the ai base in Sol sell all the ships for 1 Credit :)

Thu May 21, 2015 11:39 pm

To The Salty One:

One of the benefits with the Kalthi Paralysation is that it can be used with travel fields, unlike the Prawn aura :)

And I will do some more testing with the Qua Uuu Qa inbuilt. It was another player that suggested making it so it would launch a missile and pull towards the impact of that missile. It wasn't supposed to hit friendlies as well so I'll see why it does that :)

To SunDog60:

The Wrathful and Armored versions will not inherit the superitem of the basic version. The idea with Wrathful and Armored ships is to add an upgraded ship with minor bonuses, but also a completely different superitem, so we get some good variety going :) I will add the things you suggested to Enforcer Station right away!

To SwiftEagle:

The point of this testing was not to reveal all the ship statistics to the playerbase, and there is no way for me to set them for sale as 1 credit, so... I won't and can't do that :)

Fri May 22, 2015 12:12 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

My idea behind the knockback missile was to draw everything in so you can use splash weapons to great effect. It also has heaps of other uses which I can think of.

Fri May 22, 2015 12:42 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Also add every single endgame ship item for 1 credit. I can't test any of my endgame characters because they are all missing ships or augs.

Or just update test.

Fri May 22, 2015 11:33 pm
Main: ddementiapillss
Level: 3358

These are sick as hell suit!

Sat May 23, 2015 12:50 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

I'm not so used to waiting over a minute to use a superitem again.

Thu May 28, 2015 4:12 pm