Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Basing: skill ceiling and introduction to new players
Yeah, for sure there should be no PvP range at all in Warp 3 of Wild Space. Maybe there could be some ranges in the lower danger factors of WS, though, as long as they make sure the gals are of the appropriate quality for it (i.e. not too good).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:29 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I'm worried about casual/bully bvb if you bring non-ada closer to ada.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:05 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

anilv wrote:
Yeah, for sure there should be no PvP range at all in Warp 3 of Wild Space. Maybe there could be some ranges in the lower danger factors of WS, though, as long as they make sure the gals are of the appropriate quality for it (i.e. not too good).

but... this is a clear and obvious bias towards already established players.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 am
over 9000!

cej1120con wrote:
anilv wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. PvP game in which established players derive no advantage… why even bother playing?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:23 pm

anilv wrote:
cej1120con wrote:
anilv wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. PvP game in which established players derive no advantage… why even bother playing?

SS is a PvP game? I mean, it's always seemed like PvP is just a side thing

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:00 pm
over 9000!

Then people have not been PvPing you enough. :P

Regardless of what the role of PvP is in SS, we are currently specifically discussing PvP. Your objection is on the grounds that experienced players will have a PvP advantage. I'm pointing out that this is not only to be expected, but also to be desired. You WANT a skill curve in PvP.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:08 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

The only games I could think of not having that are like russian roulette and maybe rock paper scissors (although there are tactics apparently :o )

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:12 pm

anilv wrote:
Then people have not been PvPing you enough. :P

I mean, I get PvPed daily by the those of Traders and RF ilk, but it's only a minor component to my gameplay. Possibly seeing as I rarely lose, because by the time you can bring more chars to kill me, I've already skidoosh'd out before I really get gooked

anilv wrote:
Regardless of what the role of PvP is in SS, we are currently specifically discussing PvP. Your objection is on the grounds that experienced players will have a PvP advantage. I'm pointing out that this is not only to be expected, but also to be desired. You WANT a skill curve in PvP.

I'm not saying that experienced players shouldn't have a PvP advantage, I'm saying experienced players should be attacking other experienced players, and discouraged from attacking non-experienced players.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

Best PvP system 2015.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Here is a little preview of a change I mentioned earlier, I'm curious to hear thoughts on it.
With slots that are unlimited equip, it will stop showing the empty slot after 1 is equipped.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:47 pm
Team: Eternity
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 3614

Yay! Something that will finally help me to remember to get exterminators on kits!

/spacerapproves

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:02 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

SI wrote:
Here is a little preview of a change I mentioned earlier, I'm curious to hear thoughts on it.
With slots that are unlimited equip, it will stop showing the empty slot after 1 is equipped.

Definitely a step in the right direction. Do this on ships too!

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:11 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

MasterTrader wrote:
SI wrote:
[Image Remove for quote]

Thats happening as well :)
This is a preview of what the starter zebu looks like with it. As ship tech goes up it throws a few more categories in. Having a little roadblock with the ship inventories, but the base ones are 100% complete unless I get any more feedback or someone finds a bug.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:21 pm
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

This ship template-style inventory is one of the biggest helps to new players I've ever seen.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:04 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

SI wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
SI wrote:
[Image Remove for quote]

Thats happening as well :)
This is a preview of what the starter zebu looks like with it. As ship tech goes up it throws a few more categories in. Having a little roadblock with the ship inventories, but the base ones are 100% complete unless I get any more feedback or someone finds a bug.

That is pretty awesome, I like it alot.

SodaPop wrote:
This ship template-style inventory is one of the biggest helps to new players I've ever seen.

I agree. +1 from me.

- Chrono

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:50 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next