Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy (often abbreviated to chemo and sometimes CTX or CTx) is a category of cancer treatment that uses chemical substances, especially one or more anti-cancer drugs (chemotherapeutic agents) that are given as part of a standardized chemotherapy regimen. Chemotherapy may be given with a curative intent, or it may aim to prolong life or to reduce symptoms (palliative chemotherapy). Along with hormonal therapy and targeted therapy, it is one of the major categories of medical oncology (pharmacotherapy for cancer). These modalities are often used in conjunction with other cancer treatments, such as radiation therapy, surgery, and/or hyperthermia therapy. Chemotherapy is also used to treat other conditions, including AL amyloidosis, ankylosing spondylitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and scleroderma.

Traditional chemotherapeutic agents are cytotoxic, that is to say they act by killing cells that divide rapidly, one of the main properties of most cancer cells. This means that chemotherapy also harms cells that divide rapidly under normal circumstances: cells in the bone marrow, digestive tract, and hair follicles. This results in the most common side-effects of chemotherapy: myelosuppression (decreased production of blood cells, hence also immunosuppression), mucositis (inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract), and alopecia (hair loss).

Some newer anticancer drugs (for example, various monoclonal antibodies) are not indiscriminately cytotoxic, but rather target proteins that are abnormally expressed in cancer cells and that are essential for their growth. Such treatments are often referred to as targeted therapy (as distinct from classic chemotherapy) and are often used alongside traditional chemotherapeutic agents in antineoplastic treatment regimens.

Chemotherapy may use one drug at a time (single-agent chemotherapy) or several drugs at once (combination chemotherapy or polychemotherapy). The combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy is chemoradiotherapy. Chemotherapy using drugs that convert to cytotoxic activity only upon light exposure is called photochemotherapy or photodynamic therapy.

Traders and Red Faction have cleansed a tumor thus far, more updates will follow as the universe treatment progresses.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

Post Re: Chemotherapy
ELITE wrote:

Traditional chemotherapeutic agents are cytotoxic, that is to say they act by killing cells that divide rapidly, one of the main propeChemotherapy (often abbreviated to chemo and sometimes CTX or CTx) is a category of cancer treatment that uses chemical substances, especially one or more anti-cancer drugs (chemotherapeutic agents) that are given as part of a standardized chemotherapy regimen. Chemotherapy may be given with a curative intent, or it may aim to prolong life or to reduce symptoms (palliative chemotherapy). Along with hormonal therapy and targeted therapy, it is one of the major categories of medical oncology (pharmacotherapy for cancer). These modalities are often used in conjunction with other cancer treatments, such as radiation therapy, surgery, and/or hyperthermia therapy. Chemotherapy is also used to treat other conditions, including AL amyloidosis, ankylosing spondylitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and scleroderma.rties of most cancer cells. This means that chemotherapy also harms cells that divide rapidly under normal circumstances: cells in the bone marrow, digestive tract, and hair follicles. This results in the most common side-effects of chemotherapy: myelosuppression (decreased production of blood cells, hence also immunosuppression), mucositis (inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract), and alopecia (hair loss).

Some newer anticancer drugs (for example, various monoclonal antibodies) are not indiscriminately cytotoxic, but rather target proteins that are abnormally expressed in cancer cells and that are essential for their growth. Such treatments are often referred to as targeted therapy (as distinct from classic chemotherapy) and are often used alongside traditional chemotherapeutic agents in antineoplastic treatment regimens.

Chemotherapy may use one drug at a time (single-agent chemotherapy) or several drugs at once (combination chemotherapy or polychemotherapy). The combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy is chemoradiotherapy. Chemotherapy using drugs that convert to cytotoxic activity only upon light exposure is called photochemotherapy or photodynamic therapy.

Traders and Red Faction have cleansed a tumor thus far, more updates will follow as the universe treatment progresses.

3/10

Essay should have:
Minimal parenthesis
Thesis
References to thesis in topic sentence and embedded throughout
You call that a conclusion? Needs to refer to thesis. Should not introduce new information

Actually
Results withheld- plagiarism detected. Please resubmit but maximum mark you can obtain is 5/10

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:11 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

zhuang281 wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Traditional chemotherapeutic agents are cytotoxic, that is to say they act by killing cells that divide rapidly, one of the main propeChemotherapy (often abbreviated to chemo and sometimes CTX or CTx) is a category of cancer treatment that uses chemical substances, especially one or more anti-cancer drugs (chemotherapeutic agents) that are given as part of a standardized chemotherapy regimen. Chemotherapy may be given with a curative intent, or it may aim to prolong life or to reduce symptoms (palliative chemotherapy). Along with hormonal therapy and targeted therapy, it is one of the major categories of medical oncology (pharmacotherapy for cancer). These modalities are often used in conjunction with other cancer treatments, such as radiation therapy, surgery, and/or hyperthermia therapy. Chemotherapy is also used to treat other conditions, including AL amyloidosis, ankylosing spondylitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and scleroderma.rties of most cancer cells. This means that chemotherapy also harms cells that divide rapidly under normal circumstances: cells in the bone marrow, digestive tract, and hair follicles. This results in the most common side-effects of chemotherapy: myelosuppression (decreased production of blood cells, hence also immunosuppression), mucositis (inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract), and alopecia (hair loss).

3/10

Essay should have:
Minimal parenthesis
Thesis
References to thesis in topic sentence and embedded throughout
You call that a conclusion? Needs to refer to thesis. Should not introduce new information

Actually
Results withheld- plagiarism detected. Please resubmit but maximum mark you can obtain is 5/10

3/10 also the score EF gets for their reset technique.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

This topic is about EF? I thought it was a PA announcement or something...

I r8 4/8 for confusing me. :oops:

- Chrono

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I copy pasted from wikipedia so it can't be the best lol.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

So is this a thing now? We post (somewhat) factual information on forums so others can poke holes in it?

Support

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:40 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Those who have poked holes are members/previous members of teams who wish to spread vile propaganda about Red Faction and Traders.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:47 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

1/10

1 point for submitting assignment on time.

Student was uninformative, uninspired, and lacking in character. Student displayed a lack of fortitude in the creation of this essay. Students essay is entirely plagiarised. Essay and student identification have been forwarded via an Academic Dishonesty Incident Report to the Academic Affairs Office, and will receive a copy of said report. The report will remain on file for 5 years or whenever you graduate, whichever comes first. You may appeal this action to the Fairness Committee.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 am
over 9000!

Fairness Committee is located safely in the Eminence Front layer.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

ELITE wrote:
Chemotherapy (often abbreviated to chemo and sometimes CTX or CTx) is a category of cancer treatment that uses chemical substances, especially one or more anti-cancer drugs (chemotherapeutic agents) that are given as part of a standardized chemotherapy regimen. Chemotherapy may be given with a curative intent, or it may aim to prolong life or to reduce symptoms (palliative chemotherapy). Along with hormonal therapy and targeted therapy, it is one of the major categories of medical oncology (pharmacotherapy for cancer). These modalities are often used in conjunction with other cancer treatments, such as radiation therapy, surgery, and/or hyperthermia therapy. Chemotherapy is also used to treat other conditions, including AL amyloidosis, ankylosing spondylitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and scleroderma.

Traditional chemotherapeutic agents are cytotoxic, that is to say they act by killing cells that divide rapidly, one of the main properties of most cancer cells. This means that chemotherapy also harms cells that divide rapidly under normal circumstances: cells in the bone marrow, digestive tract, and hair follicles. This results in the most common side-effects of chemotherapy: myelosuppression (decreased production of blood cells, hence also immunosuppression), mucositis (inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract), and alopecia (hair loss).

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:23 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get at least a somewhat decent shitpost?" is fairly polite.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:50 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I don't know what's worse: bad loser or bad winner.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I like winning

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:09 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

I'm oblivious to either doesn't it all seem so meaningless when you look at the greater spectre?

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 pm
over 9000!

Antilzah wrote:
I don't know what's worse: bad loser or bad winner.

IDK, it's a new one to me. I had never fought a bad loser in SS until now.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:13 pm