Main: Renster
Level: 2702

Post SS on mac with Intel Graphics HD 4000
Hey,

A while back there was a few of us trying to get SS to run on Mac that use Intel Graphics HD 4000, the game will run fine for a few seconds then have a graphic meltdown.

I was wondering if anybody found a work around on how to get the game to run? I've tried it in wine and virtual box with no luck.

There was talk about only a Intel driver update would fix the issue, with mac I think the drivers are bundled with the OS updates? If anybody knows a way to update the Intel driver on mac please let me know.

Cheers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: SS on mac with Intel Graphics HD 4000
I'm pretty sure Apple keeps their drivers up to date automatically, so much so that it may not even be possible to try to update them manually. The problem is that intel cards aren't very good for SS over wine. If you dual boot with a Windows install it'll run well enough, however.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:54 pm