Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

Post Content list
Was thinking of making a Content list with an indication of whether the content can be done solo and if it can, at what tech level. Tech level is of course very hard to put exactly since it is dependent on equipment, class, build and skills. Is there some content which is considered soloable which I have indicated as not, or any content I should include?

Notable (Noticeable) loot I have gone for two things:
1. It can be used and should be used at a certain tech level while leveling
2. It can be sold on the market for a significant sum (> 100m?)

The list should provide value to a player in the following ways:
1. What content should a new player be aware of while leveling
2. What content should an inexperienced player regularly do when reaching Tech 20 (Leveling slows down at this point)
3. What content should a player set as a target to improve in order to complete and what content is dependent on a squad

PS: I have not included roaming Uber AIs, since most of them I have never even seen after playing for a couple of years. So you can't really decide to do that content.

Edit: List now added to the wiki: http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Content

Last edited by andsimo on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: Content list
Some ubers from Maus are soloable (Code, Jey and Helro), same for emp (a good geared endgame t21 DM can solo it if done right), MS is soloable on t20 (absentis sniper), copper is soloable on t19 SD or snipers, maybe even t16-18.

This should be on the wiki or even in the guides and even more information.
Also add how many chars can do it if not soloable. And when soloable what class can do it.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:21 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

The "solo at tech" thing is kind of vague, what with different classes and their strengths. Still, generally:

Maus, t20/21
emp: t21
MS: t20/21
bana: t20/21
Kidd: t21
Mother: t20~
RP: noobs can't
GotL: t21
Copper: t19
Midas: this is a roamer...
Anaconda: t20
DC: t20
Jwatt: t19~ if kiting, t21 if tanking
alby: Just sit behind him

A t19 sniper can do a lot of the "t20" stuff, but that's pretty specific so I mostly ignored it...

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:30 am

I added a content page to the wiki: http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Content
Can now add a different tech lvl / status pr. class. That will make it considerably more accurate.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:36 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

andsimo wrote:
PS: I have not included roaming Uber AIs, since most of them I have never even seen after playing for a couple of years. So you can't really decide to do that content.

I've seen just about every roaming uber now, and they are never more powerful than their DG counterparts, sometimes entirely clones of each other. I've put up all information I can on them on wiki, hope that can help. Can talk to me if you're not sure on one of them.

I think the only one that posed a threat to me was Nathaniel Courthope, because I had just transwarped and he was facing me. They're all just as 'strong' as they were when released, but since then they've become weak due to better gear and tech levels being available.

Edit: you could also add in Hives, Nightfuries and Delquads, as they roam peril and would be useful to know.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Since adding / editing information in a table on the wiki is kinda hard I added a google spreadsheet with the information. So if you wanna help and don't wanna edit the wiki, just add the information in the spreadsheet and I will add it to the wiki.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

PS: From excel I just use formulas to generate the output needed in the wiki, so it is way faster than adding lots of information manually.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:57 pm
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Was browsing the wiki (my life doesn't get any more fun than that) and found this Content page.

I believe it either needs to be updated to reflect what can be expected by someone who doesn't know this already, or it should be removed. Currently, it's grossly misleading.

I would argue that it's helpful with a list of available content, for someone looking for "what should I try today?" advice.
To specify what is soloable for which class will just be food for wars, where someone argues that e.g. the Oly bosses have once and only once been solod by a certain class and should therefor be marked as soloable, while that information really doesn't help anyone.

So, just a list of available content is a great idea, and perhaps specifying which tech the content is for. The experienced player can use it to say "Oh right, I haven't done Mad Scientist in a while!", and the new player can see "Oh, I just hit level 15, there is a boss that drops level 15 gear." "Valuable loot" is really better to pester the devs about fixing, rather than putting on the wiki as facts.

Any wiki gurus out there who have any thoughts on this?

Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

I think an engineer can solo hermes, heph, ares and tractoring 22, and pretty much everything under t21 with the exception of kidd (maybe kidd with the right setup too)

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:26 am