Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Dedicate a portion of income to advertising.
Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:04 pm
Yes. 85%  85%  [ 23 ]
No. 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

Main: Dominator
Level: 2514

Post Re: Advertising.
What is the max players the servers can handle right now? i dont want to overload it

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Also. Can you buy in game creds with Bitcoin? I dont know many games doing that maybe we can explore that avenue

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:37 pm
Main: MeowStick
Level: 4929

You can buy subscriptions using bitcoins.

There is no way to buy in game items using real money or bitcoins that isn't frowned upon by admins.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:38 pm

deformedstar wrote:
You can buy subscriptions using bitcoins.

There is no way to buy in game items using real money or bitcoins that isn't frowned upon by admins.

It seems that admins are waking up and this is the only way i will work with them. As i said im prepared to grow this database with the connections i have but im not going to do it if the game doesnt get what is needed to keep these players and existing players.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:43 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

They are adding a system called SPEX, Space Points Exchange, which will allow people to buy and sell Space Points in game for credits. Space points can be purchased a variety of different ways through your account:

https://i.snag.gy/d1Fm5O.jpg

Last edited by Pixel on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To prevent email theifs.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 pm
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Slam Dunk It
Level: 2144

globug wrote:

As i said im prepared to grow this database with the connections i have

Mon May 02, 2016 1:01 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

carterstrain wrote:
How can you make fake accounts to farm referrals? The referred account is a P2P account. The person using the referral link is subscribing to the game. He's giving the company MONEY by PURCHASING a SUBSCRIPTION. The person with the referral link gets a bit a money out of it in exchange for doing all the advertising himself. That's how referral is done.

The issue I ran into this when I seriously looked into it before, is that it can take anywhere from weeks to months to years for f2p to convert to p2p, the mean being around 3 months if I remember correctly. The referral guys I was talking to were only interested in a system where they would get their referral money in a much more timely fashion than that, so it would really have to be paid referrals just for recruiting f2p's, which, of course, could be faked. Not saying that it wouldn't be worth it, but it is a difficulty that I perceive.

Thu May 05, 2016 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

JeffL wrote:
carterstrain wrote:
How can you make fake accounts to farm referrals? The referred account is a P2P account. The person using the referral link is subscribing to the game. He's giving the company MONEY by PURCHASING a SUBSCRIPTION. The person with the referral link gets a bit a money out of it in exchange for doing all the advertising himself. That's how referral is done.

The issue I ran into this when I seriously looked into it before, is that it can take anywhere from weeks to months to years for f2p to convert to p2p, the mean being around 3 months if I remember correctly. The referral guys I was talking to were only interested in a system where they would get their referral money in a much more timely fashion than that, so it would really have to be paid referrals just for recruiting f2p's, which, of course, could be faked. Not saying that it wouldn't be worth it, but it is a difficulty that I perceive.

Have you considered getting rid of the monthly fee to play SS, and instead charging based on expansions? Like UZ would be $20, oly $25, PPS $50 etc etc?

How would that effect income?

Thu May 05, 2016 1:03 pm
Team: Bravery Against Death
Main: PsyRa
Level: 1392

JeffL wrote:
carterstrain wrote:

Did some acquisition work back in the day, and there are companies from foreign countries set up to troll for and take advantage of these kinds of referral systems.

Not sure how many are left because most sites got wise, but they used to try to farm referrals, even if it took a full sub/payment, and then charge back the amount after the referral money had been paid out.

Nasty business.

If the numbers are low enough, you could look at giving SP instead of real money as a referral bonus. That's not $$$ out of your pocket at least.

Thu May 05, 2016 1:30 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

It takes 3 months because that is about the time a casual player actually GETS to a level where Premium would be required for continued character advancement. That's on accelerated leveling and overpowered missiles and slaves, too. All before that point if Freemium content, based on mostly Layer based restrictions. I do know you can lock individual Stations and Galaxies from Freemium, so it sounds like the blanket Layer approach is being lazy developers.

As of this very second, there is absolutely zero reason or want to make a new account Premium outside giving to a charity called Star Sonata. The only Premium stuff I get prior to actually needing Premium content amounts to:

->Strontium-90. I get some cash and levels for killing massive amounts of trash AI. I get a few select pieces of good loot (Strontium items) that may or may not actually be useful for my class. Case in point, if I'm a Berserker, I don't think that engine with Transference Power is going to do me any good.

->Subspace. Sure, that's a big ass zone. But I don't really see any major benefit of going there before I can use Tech 20 ships. There's only a sparse selection of lower level loot and clearing lower level Alien Outposts has a proportionally lower effect than say, Sas Outposts. If it was otherwise, all the low level Outposts would be 100% gone. The whole Alien Invasion is a blanket effect, meaning Sas Outposts affect low level colonies in Warp 0. One more thing to dump on Freemium players before than can benefit from going Premium.

->Trade skills. Honestly, you're at a low enough level where it doesn't matter if you had trade skills or not. EF Layer doesn't offer any special commodities or ruins or more than 2b population colonies.

->Access to Wild Space building. Again, this falls under the issue of being very low level. Even with a 20 man team of likeminded low level players, a single player can BVB the crap out of us with Ada Kits. As soon as someone claims the Palace, you get the massive "50 to Infinity" PVP range for everyone in every Danger Factor. And there is nothing that penalizes a team for actually taking the Palace, but not going for the Crown. At least 13 is nice. You do not want to encounter anyone in the realm of Hooch, Hermes, or Toth, of which thankfully no one that plays SS at the moment have yet to compare to how much of an asshole they were.

Thu May 05, 2016 1:32 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

what about the fact no pro team will take you if your F2p scum

Thu May 05, 2016 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

redalert150 wrote:
JeffL wrote:
carterstrain wrote:

Have you considered getting rid of the monthly fee to play SS, and instead charging based on expansions? Like UZ would be $20, oly $25, PPS $50 etc etc?

How would that effect income?

How do you think it would affect income? Do the math, dude. Each account costs around $100 a year to sub. Even assuming the content they're putting out is enticing enough that all current p2p are willing to shell out $50 for it, the dev team is nowhere close to being able to churn out two endgame zones a year. SS would die within 12 months.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu May 05, 2016 4:43 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

The dev team cannot shell out two major zones a year (Stuff UZ size at least) because they manually code it when every other game has large scale tools to sculpt and shape the land. The fact Jeff_L actually suggested a program for anyone to create basic galaxies, AI ships, and boss fights says that the dev team cannot actually do this on a whim with their Admin Joysticks.

Thu May 05, 2016 6:24 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Look, the obvious way to go is Freemium.

Unlock the entire game to F2P players, and give massive boosts to XP/Credit Drops/Loot drops/Unlock base slots and anything else they can use to make Premium desirable by everyone.

I'd honestly even be down for a "Lockbox" system where the devs put shit into them that requires keys you buy, and there would be "Neural Sequencers" or something that are permanent upgrades that apply to your character and give you special skills... an extra Advance Class Subskill skillpoint maybe? The drop chance would be stupid low.

The box would have a chance at other things, like Bindomite/Dementium/Honorary Mentions/Honorary Diplomas/Lockbox only Super Items/Ships that get bonuses when a Bot is equipped/Visages.... etc.

See what I'm saying? The point is, you'd shift the game in the direction of Freemium to let people play without paying, and then you give people huge bonuses for Paying while also adding lockbox's that need key's that are purchased for Space Points. With the addition of the SPEX you'd have a really nice system.

Then the only thing you'd need to do is make sure your credit sinks were relevant and big enough for the individual/average player and voila.

Thu May 05, 2016 7:40 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

Its nice that we talk in here about this crazy changes, but reallity is that my niece is now 4 when StarSonata got Greenlit on Steam she was not even 1 year old, if we keep going like this, she will be able to play StarSonata before Steam is even released.

How big of a workload would be a complete new payment system ?
would you do it with a shedule behind it ?

A system like SPEX is badly needed like in this example.
This system allows to see the actually value of $ to SPEX and doesnt allow a Blackmarket value.

http://imgur.com/6i8rE5s

pls dont make it possible to buy items directly with SPEX.
A chest key system i would only like to see with cometics like in league of legends or all valve games with items that you cant buy direcly from the shop.

I love the changes that are happening. It even feels like that the devs give a fuck about the game. Doesnt even matter for me if some stuff is broken sometimes.
I dont want that you guys get burned out and we dont see any updates for 1 year again because the important people left the team.

Fri May 06, 2016 12:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next