Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Post StarSonata APIs
Hey there!

In a blogpost... 6 months ago(?), there was the mention of a web-based map as well as an API to access universe map data. I haven't heard anything since then, but I have to admit that I'm a bit out of the loop in general. Is there any update on any of that? Upon hearing about the possibility of an API, I started working on an implementation of a map myself, but that's somewhat pointless without the API.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Post Re: StarSonata APIs
Their is already 1 type of API i know of that's the universe map (json): http://www.starsonata.com/ss_api/universe.json

With this I made (with help from errors, cause enraglish): http://scan2.markoz.net/.
To show gal info like this (scan data is done via planet scanning by ship): Fragga.
Which in turn can be converted to be alternatively used like this: Terra Calculator

Issues I find though this isn't updated automatically or often enough so it is almost always out of date.

The API is used with SS Map
---
The score pie chart I've made rips the data from the html pages to produce this: Universal Chart

When viewed it produces a json like this 1-3-2016-9.json (To stop repeatably ripping data, slowing SS website and mine).

So technically if its represented in some way on the website we can probably use it for other purposes (like enhancing Traders colo whoring).

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:29 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Oh sweet, so map data is already available. That's great news! Thanks! Let's see if I can throw that into my implentation really quick.. Yup!

Attachment:
Screenshot 2016-03-01 18.45.56.png

edit: With that figured out, let me just say: Holy moly, your map is pretty and looks incredibly polished, too. Love the combination of API and planet scanning. I'm a bit jealous

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:47 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

So many Pixels :shock: . Nice work!

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

longname wrote:
edit: With that figured out, let me just say: Holy moly, your map is pretty and looks incredibly polished, too. Love the combination of API and planet scanning. I'm a bit jealous

Tyvm, I really like your 3D map! :o

I spent hours/days working on it I hope it has a little polish. :?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:47 pm