Team: Dreaded County
Main: ''''
Level: 19

Post Choosing the Proper Ship
Suppose you just trained your piloting skill up and can now afford a better ship. You have a limited budget, enough to buy the cheaper ship, but will need a few weeks of grinding before you can afford a more expensive alternative. You also have all the augmenters you need, as well as gear. If you had to choose between these ships for your character to pilot, which will it be? Give reasons for your choice(s).

Fleet Commander:
EFDN vs PBF
Pax Coronae vs Red Photon Carrier vs Zeus Throne+

Gunner:
EFDN vs PBF
Pax Coronae vs Red Photon Warship
Jujuso'rka vs Reaver+
Poseidon wave+ vs Pax Venaticora

Shield Monkey:
Pax Astronomica+ vs Rhino vs Apprentice Ward vs Assault Behemoth+
Hephaestus Machine+ vs Red Photon Support Cruiser vs Pax Scutelogica

Engineer:
Pax Astronomica+ vs Rhino vs Assault Behemoth+
Hephaestus Machine+ vs Red Photon Logistics Cruiser vs Pax Scutelogica

Speed Demon:
Panther vs Death Striker+ vs Vulture
AWC+ vs Pax Sheliak

Seer:
Panther vs Death Striker+ vs Vulture
AH+ vs Pax Sheliak

Berserker:
Rosmarinus+ vs Lion vs Zebra
Wattage vs Prawn vs Pax Venaticora

Sniper:
Reaver+ vs Absentis vs Jujuso'rka
Prawn vs Poseidon Wave+ vs Delquad vs Pax Venaticora

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:52 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Choosing the Proper Ship
sekret

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Im lost... is it a vrs match? Or an upgrade?

Plus you didnt list T22

Also ships are only 10% of how good it is for example say you have a AWC SD and I had a Panther, I would still have a chance on beating you as its all down to gear, augs and skills at the end of the day.

Ships are only just a small fraction.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:17 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

HPA is asking for information on commonly used (historic or otherwise) ships of each class so he can learn why people choose the ships they use. He already has an opinion on what ship he thinks is better; he's just waiting for you to say something he considers "wrong" so he can beat you over the head with his opinion and laugh at the "loser". He's only looking at the raw power of each class. Engineer and Shield Monkey in the support role are ignored by default.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:28 pm

carterstrain wrote:
HPA is asking for information on commonly used (historic or otherwise) ships of each class so he can learn why people choose the ships they use. He already has an opinion on what ship he thinks is better; he's just waiting for you to say something he considers "wrong" so he can beat you over the head with his opinion and laugh at the "loser". He's only looking at the raw power of each class. Engineer and Shield Monkey in the support role are ignored by default.

There is no "best" class tho as each have there own advantages in certain situations. There is no best ship either as I said above it comes down to how much you have invested in gear and skills.

Some ships have advantages in diffrent areas of the game but thats about it

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:57 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

DeathStryker wrote:
Suppose you just trained your piloting skill up and can now afford a better ship. You have a limited budget, enough to buy the cheaper ship, but will need a few weeks of grinding before you can afford a more expensive alternative. You also have all the augmenters you need, as well as gear. If you had to choose between these ships for your character to pilot, which will it be? Give reasons for your choice(s).

Fleet Commander:
EFDN vs PBF Hybrid EFBS
Pax Coronae vs Red Photon Carrier vs Zeus Throne+ normal ZT

Gunner:
EFDN vs PBF Hybrid EFBS
Pax Coronae vs Red Photon Warship normal ZT
Jujuso'rka vs Reaver+ Rosmarinus
Poseidon wave+ vs Pax Venaticora Zebu titan

Shield Monkey:
Pax Astronomica+ vs Rhino vs Apprentice Ward vs Assault Behemoth+ UHPax
Hephaestus Machine+ vs Red Photon Support Cruiser vs Pax Scutelogica Pax levi

Engineer:
Pax Astronomica+ vs Rhino vs Assault Behemoth+ UHPax
Hephaestus Machine+ vs Red Photon Logistics Cruiser vs Pax Scutelogica Pax levi

Speed Demon:
Panther vs Death Striker+ vs Vulture Zauron's Floating Eyezer
AWC+ vs Pax Sheliak Heaven's Descent

Seer:
Panther vs Death Striker+ vs Vulture Zauron's Floating Eyezer
AH+ vs Pax Sheliak Heaven's Descent

Berserker:
Rosmarinus+ vs Lion vs Zebra Reaver
Wattage vs Prawn vs Pax Venaticora HZebra

Sniper:
Reaver+ vs Absentis vs Jujuso'rka Lion
Prawn vs Poseidon Wave+ vs Delquad vs Pax Venaticora Wattage

Reasons? I want more options! Oh and BS is best in all options!

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:09 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

No.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:10 pm
Team: Dreaded County
Main: ''''
Level: 19

Badgerlost wrote:

Plus you didnt list T22

Also ships are only 10% of how good it is for example say you have a AWC SD and I had a Panther, I would still have a chance on beating you as its all down to gear, augs and skills at the end of the day.

AWCs aren't too difficult to beat if you're a well disciplined panther who easily beats other Panthers. There are borderline cases where one ship has a specific advantage that the player demands, such as faster movement speed, a good inbuilt device, or better resists against a common damage type. This is not a vs match, its asking which ship you prefer if you were given the options listed.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

Interesting that a level 19 is making post about end gameish ships he shouldn't have to worry about for a while. :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:39 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

DeathStryker wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

Plus you didnt list T22

AWCs aren't too difficult to beat if you're a well disciplined panther who easily beats other Panthers. There are borderline cases where one ship has a specific advantage that the player demands, such as faster movement speed, a good inbuilt device, or better resists against a common damage type. This is not a vs match, its asking which ship you prefer if you were given the options listed.

Dead fucking wrong. What you're saying was only true for a short period after t21 was employed and we lacked access to augs and normalized builds that give huge advantages over any t20 panther build.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:33 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
DeathStryker wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

Plus you didnt list T22

Dead fucking wrong. What you're saying was only true for a short period after t21 was employed and we lacked access to augs and normalized builds that give huge advantages over any t20 panther build.

K go get your awc and il gear my panther and we will see who wins, ok?

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:46 am

DeathStryker wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

Plus you didnt list T22

I seen Mowmates (AWC) and Helro (panther) PvPing once, both 2 of the best SD PvPers of that time (1 year after oly came out or something). Mowmates used a KMW, Helro an emp wand (don't know what mods they had). Mowmates destroyed Helro with 60-70% shields left.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:33 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

lordjeroen wrote:
DeathStryker wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

Plus you didnt list T22

I seen Mowmates (AWC) and Helro (panther) PvPing once, both 2 of the best SD PvPers of that time (1 year after oly came out or something). Mowmates used a KMW, Helro an emp wand (don't know what mods they had). Mowmates destroyed Helro with 60-70% shields left.

Yeah, emp wands tend to not do a lot of damage Kappa

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:50 am
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

heylo wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
DeathStryker wrote:

:lol:

- Chrono

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

heylo wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
DeathStryker wrote:

Ray*... Sorry :|

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:16 pm