Team: The Originals
Main: hawk
Level: 1366

Post prospecting
can the amounts be changed to say what they actually are. i found sun with loads of bindomite on it , it only had 2. should it say few or couple ?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: prospecting
nobody285 wrote:
can the amounts be changed to say what they actually are. i found sun with loads of bindomite on it , it only had 2. should it say few or couple ?

Maybe someone beat you to it and didn't finish the node off.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 pm
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Its not that, on a prospecting node think of the loads etc as giving a number of points for different commods to use up.

For example the node is loads so it has 128 points, the commod is bindomite, 1 might be worth 16 of these points so you only get 8 bindomite per node if that.

Another example the node is loads again with 128 points, this time the commod is jelly beans, 1 jelly bean is worth 0.75 points so you get 170 jelly beans.

Another example the node is also loads but this time the load is one of the nanites, i have never seen more then 4 nanites node, so 128/4=32.(by the way 3 of those nanites are always going to disappear as the nanite is unique so the other 3 go poof)

I know this probably isnt how its done but its sort of a way to make sense of why 2 different nodes will each say loads but give different amounts of commods.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:37 am

there has been several times it had loads but only had 2

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:42 am
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Not sure then those numbers were just examples, the value of bindomite might be high enough that a single bindomite is enough to put the node at loads.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:57 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

From what I've observed (and prospected), Loads is not a set amount. Rather, a node grows. If a node reads 'Loads', that doesn't necessarily mean it's a lot. The longer a node is just sitting around, it grows. 'Loads' just means it hasn't been prospected yet, and is still growing.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:21 am

ok that would make sense thank you

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

As far as I can tell, it's really simple. Loads means the node hasn't been touched (very much) by anyone yet. If you start extracting it, the number goes lower, so loads does not mean there is a ton of that commod, it simply means almost none if any have been extracted yet from that node.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:34 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

I was intrigued by this discussion and decided to search the forums for information regarding Prospecting and nodes and here is what I found:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56458&hilit=prospecting

From the Prospecting Changes 7.3.13 post we know a few things about nodes:

1. The size of a Node varies by what is in the Node (I'm thinking of you Copper)
~higher tier and rare items will have very small size nodes, lower tier and common items will have larger size nodes.

2. Nodes have a soft cap on how many commodities they can store.
~higher tier and rare items will have very low soft caps, lower tier and common items will have higher soft caps.

3. The rate at which a node fills decreases relative to it's soft cap size.
~I suspect that a node fills at a rate of SoftCap/time (24hours?) until it hits the SoftCap and then fills at a reduced rate of something like 50%. In this scenario, a Bindomite node would fill to the SoftCap of say "2" after 24 hours and then add 1 each day after that. So a Bindomite node 4 days old would have 5.

Finally, according to this post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/calypso-update-9-9-13/

4 . Prospecting nodes have a lifespan and will die and then be reseeded elsewhere in the universe.
~Completely extracting the commodities from a node will kill it, but leaving a smidgen will allow it to refill again.

some interesting tips for Prospecting:

Umbra is found in Dark Suns
Eridium is found on planets and moons
Bindomite is found on Suns
Vis is found on Suns
nanites (Vazaha, Bule, Mzungu) are found on planets and moons

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:49 pm