Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Re: Permanent Drones Update
It seems the base drone line(Apollo,Adonis,Argonaut...) doesn't use anything except Arcadian Base Laser anymore. The other weapons have inferior stats.
Do drones above Apollo have some modifiers to account for that? Because if not, then the only thing others might beat them at is healing.

EDIT: Idea for permadrone - something with deathblossom.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:27 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Xonok2 wrote:
It seems the base drone line(Apollo,Adonis,Argonaut...) doesn't use anything except Arcadian Base Laser anymore. The other weapons have inferior stats.
Do drones above Apollo have some modifiers to account for that? Because if not, then the only thing others might beat them at is healing.

EDIT: Idea for permadrone - something with deathblossom.

Believe it or not, I tried this. Didn't work. Things I've tried: Vacuum Scoops, Tractors, Drones that can deploy drones, envelops, deathblossom. Also tried these type of things on player bases. Imagine bases that tractor people! If only...

Does give me a idea for life leeching drones, could be a bad idea though. Also multi-firing drones. I rely on other developers to keep my ideas in-line not to make you wonderful people angry. Like some people dislike the fighter drone.

Another issue is also if I have a great idea it gets stolen for future content like SM22 and I'm denied to use it with what I'm currently working on that's normally going to come out next patch.

Thank you all for the support again btw :)

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:22 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Life leech doesn't work in the way people think it should, but the concept is there. Vampyre AI (Bobbo) use a weapon that damages enemies and provides a weapon effect Healing for the entity.

It sounds cheesy, though, and in my opinion only Shield Monkey should have this mechanic (because it says ShM already does on the class intro mission).

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:22 am

What about the Apollos though? It seems the base-gear permadrones after Apollo don't scale at all damage-wise.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Xonok2 wrote:
What about the Apollos though? It seems the base-gear permadrones after Apollo don't scale at all damage-wise.

Well consider they're the lowest tech so they take the least drone slots. Again I was considering just not bothering to add this drone as you said: it's very weak, but people like options so that's my reasoning for it.

The Arcadian Base Laser I've noticed is on these drones cause that is much better than a ethereal U laser etc... So while it's not great its still a improvement.

I'll say again in-case someone missed it. I wont be touching permanent drones again until after the universe reset. So mean time I've been doing other things that shouldn't complicate the universe reset procedure.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm not saying that Apollos are weak. They're actually pretty good.
I just don't see any reason for Adonis, Argo, Ambro, etc, since their strongest weapon is the same. Higher tech base drones apparently take more slots, but deal the same damage.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Xonok2 wrote:
I'm not saying that Apollos are weak. They're actually pretty good.
I just don't see any reason for Adonis, Argo, Ambro, etc, since their strongest weapon is the same. Higher tech base drones apparently take more slots, but deal the same damage.

Shield transference, shield regen, shield bank, resis, range, rof, trans eff, trans power. Can go on, in general they're better.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Pixel wrote:
I'll say again in-case someone missed it. I wont be touching permanent drones again until after the universe reset.

The work has been done now and should appear next patch (mainly to get Astral Injection working again). Updated the first post to show the changes, click here.

This will require re-scooping your perm drones for the effect to take place. I would advise not to because you will lose Augmenters you Astral injected and wont gain hardly anything from doing it.

If some of you have been roaming about on the forum you would have noticed that I've recently finished making Armada drone series look different, click here for more screenshots.

Additionally I've added special goodies to each of these drones; The information may come out in the blog, which should be sometime later today.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:25 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Actually a question: how does the HPS & DPS of the Annihilator Platform & Defender compare to the Andaman Drones. From some testing myself with HPS, augged Andaman Drones are stronger then Annihilator Defenders.
If Andaman Drones are better HPS then Annihilator Defenders, then I don't see why anyone would ever build the previous tiers of Defenders. Am not sure about DPS, haven't bothered comparing the Annihilator Platforms to the Andaman Drones, yet.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Maybe because Defenders are free, IDK.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:11 pm

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Actually a question: how does the HPS & DPS of the Annihilator Platform & Defender compare to the Andaman Drones. From some testing myself with HPS, augged Andaman Drones are stronger then Annihilator Defenders.
If Andaman Drones are better HPS then Annihilator Defenders, then I don't see why anyone would ever build the previous tiers of Defenders. Am not sure about DPS, haven't bothered comparing the Annihilator Platforms to the Andaman Drones, yet.

They're essentially made with commodities and time. This this is why they're weaker than the more expensive built ones. This does give people the option though and if you want to go better, you can build Anni drones, and now if you want to go even better in some aspects you make Armada drones!

Hope this answers your confusion with the drones. :)

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:17 pm

So are Andaman Drones better in DPS then Annihilator Platforms? I don't see the use of people building Annihilator Platforms & Defenders then, since Andaman Drones for the general T20 guy ain't expensive at all. I would even dare to say that Andaman Drones are easier to make then Annihilator Platform & Defenders: 1) Andaman Drones build faster then Annihilator Drones, 2) To make Andaman Drones you don't need a decent industrial setup, unlike Annihilator Drones; 3) Making Annihilator Drones in combination with 5 Annihilator X-Y-Z gear upgrade does consume alot of Metals, Silicon and Nuclear Waste, which makes it take even longer then normal, without decent industry setup.

How I see it for newbies currently, it is way easier for them to just deploy a shit ton of Andaman Drones in a Galaxy to prevent PvB then to deploy T12 StM kits. Well augmented Andaman Drones are really powerfull, doubt that any pre T16 StM kit can compete with in HPS (don't know about DPS), and it is way cheaper to make & less effort then building a bunch of T12 StM Kits + for Drones, even Merchant Fleetmastery can deploy drones and get the max stats because it is on Drone Deployment the Permanent Drone bonus rather then Station Mastery.

No idea how good Armada Drones are, not that far yet in testing of stuff. Any chance of showing the amount of augmenter slots the drone has on the tooltip? Would show to newbies that it is possible to augment the drones & to everyone in general hom many augmenters a drone can accept.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:17 pm
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

Just gonna drop in on this. The Annihilator Defenders do about 10% more HPS than the Andaman drone does with 3 HPS increasing augs. The Andaman drone needs to have 1 Std. Resistance Augmenter to be on par with resists to the Annihilator Defender. So in theory, yes an Andaman Drone can do more HPS than the Annihilator Defender but you're giving up resistances to do it.

The Platforms do far more damage than the Andaman drone does. They got balanced more towards Armada Bastions and Kasa Quus than the standard Baseline drones.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Some drones will receive pre-installed augmenters (cannot be Augmented, will have a comment in the item description describing that they come with augmenters):

Attached Magic Attack (Minor Recovery Augmenter + Hestia Augmenter).
Attached Mining Defender (2x Adonis Assault + Adonis Electric Augmenter + Adonis Radar Augmenter).
Armada Ambrosia Drone (Platform Augmentation Gamma + Station Mechanic's Augmenter).
Armada Ambush Mine (2x Sup. Radar Augmenters).

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:41 am

Why do they get pre-installed augmenters? And not let people mess with augmenter setups for different setups.
Will other drones get pre-installed augmenters? When will those be added, if it's in next patch. When will the next patch come out. It's been a long while, that the client has gotten any patch with fixes.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next