Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Permanent Drones Update
Sounds like more lag to me. Please no.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:36 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Auxilium wrote:
The Salty One wrote:
You mentioned beefing armada ambrosia drones. What's the status on that?

We've given the Armada Ambrosia Drone around 30% more HPS over the Annihilator Defender with a base range of about 1000.

Does that mean they'd have 1600 range with stm 30 or did you include that in your figures? Also, how did you increase the range? Someone mentioned changing aug mods to the drones, but wouldn't that make additional bonuses from using augmenters less effective?

I'm also curious as to how you're getting your HPS figures; do you assume an optimal aug setup, no aug setup, sustained heals?

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:50 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Augmods on the drone husk don't make augmenters less effective, depending how you look at it. The raw amount by which the stat is increased is unchanged.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:08 am
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

The Salty One wrote:
Auxilium wrote:
The Salty One wrote:
You mentioned beefing armada ambrosia drones. What's the status on that?

We've given the Armada Ambrosia Drone around 30% more HPS over the Annihilator Defender with a base range of about 1000.

Does that mean they'd have 1600 range with stm 30 or did you include that in your figures? Also, how did you increase the range? Someone mentioned changing aug mods to the drones, but wouldn't that make additional bonuses from using augmenters less effective?

I'm also curious as to how you're getting your HPS figures; do you assume an optimal aug setup, no aug setup, sustained heals?

As said before all drones have been tested with aug setups we felt were appropriate and STM30, so to answer your question: 1000 range with augs and stm30. However, in this case we have not used a range aug for this drone.

Like enkelin said augs will not be less effective than they were before.

And yes, the healing drones sustain heals with the setups we put on them for testing.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

I appreciate your quick responses and effort to improve the ambrosia drone; clearly you want to stick with the relatively low range, which was/is my main concern with the drone. I'll assume its other stats now make up for this and render it a worthwhile drone, but would you be willing to revisit any underperforming drones after the rebalance has been patched in?

Another thing I'd like to mention is that some drones (mainly the Armada ones, I think most others got changed to allow more augs) only have 2~ aug slots. This makes the use of things like resistance augmenters prohibitively inefficient. Will they have appropriate damage resistance/aug slots to help equalise this difference?

Also, this is completely off topic but all this talk of armada gear reminded me that Armada Lifestream has less regeneration than Vazaha Energybank (also no fuel), which just seems silly to me. Someone should probably take a look at it- I can't think of any reason to actually use one atm.

Edit: I didn't notice any forms of augmenter tweaking actually affecting perma drones, could you confirm this?
Quick note: Saying stuff like "Base range" makes me think it's without any modifiers; to avoid future confusion remember to assume the reader doesn't know what you know when making announcements :)

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:55 am
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

The Salty One wrote:
I appreciate your quick responses and effort to improve the ambrosia drone; clearly you want to stick with the relatively low range, which was/is my main concern with the drone. I'll assume its other stats now make up for this and render it a worthwhile drone, but would you be willing to revisit any underperforming drones after the rebalance has been patched in?

If the general opinion on a certain drone is that it is still too weak after the rebalance goes in then me and Pixel will surely be open to feedback on these cases.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that some drones (mainly the Armada ones, I think most others got changed to allow more augs) only have 2~ aug slots. This makes the use of things like resistance augmenters prohibitively inefficient. Will they have appropriate damage resistance/aug slots to help equalise this difference?

We've balanced this out by giving these drones the same base resists as their Platform/Defender counterparts (which have 0 aug slots). In a lot of cases drones are getting a considerable beef to both resists and shieldbank because we wanted to stop drones from getting bursted down so easily when a Fleet Commander amplifies its aura.

Also, this is completely off topic but all this talk of armada gear reminded me that Armada Lifestream has less regeneration than Vazaha Energybank (also no fuel), which just seems silly to me. Someone should probably take a look at it- I can't think of any reason to actually use one atm.

I've asked yclept about this and he's OK with me beefing it up to par with the Achilles Energybank, so expect that to be happening next patch.

Edit: I didn't notice any forms of augmenter tweaking actually affecting perma drones, could you confirm this?

Confirmed. The only things that affects Permanent drones at the moment are Station Mastery and Imperial Tweaking.

Quick note: Saying stuff like "Base range" makes me think it's without any modifiers; to avoid future confusion remember to assume the reader doesn't know what you know when making announcements :)

Ah, yes that's quite confusing isn't it hehe :P must be because we tested every drone with STM30 so that became the "base"

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:45 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Added the Aveksaka Xenobiology Platform.

It basically launches a fighter every 10 minutes with grem cannons and a tractor. First tech 22 perm drone!

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I hate them already lol

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:11 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Pixel wrote:

It basically launches a fighter every 10 minutes with grem cannons and a tractor. First tech 22 perm drone!

That is sexy.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:17 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8117

Every 10 minutes? That fighter better last 10 minutes and not die to a wet fart.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:59 pm

ELITE wrote:
Every 10 minutes? That fighter better last 10 minutes and not die to a wet fart.

Has Ares Protector on it and its a Ayudhinayu ship.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:07 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Pixel wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Has Ares Protector on it and its a Ayudhinayu ship.

You....you are epic!!! Please make this thing somewhat commonly avaliable, that drone is too sexy to not be used commonly. I now want half a dozen around my gals just to look damned pretty.

One note, shouldent the fighter have drone stats? In otherwords it be on par with the power of a newly buffed drone? Or at least comparable minus a chunk to compensate for its mobility?

Vorp

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:58 pm
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

Pixel wrote:

That is some nice art right there, if only everything looked as awesome as that.

Pixel, you're da man!

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:55 am

The spawn rate of the fighters has been changed from 10 minutes to 2 minutes. I was told by other developers that the lag issue isn't caused by fighters but by other elements not relating to fighters.

Vorporal wrote:
You....you are epic!!! Please make this thing somewhat commonly available, that drone is too sexy to not be used commonly. I now want half a dozen around my gals just to look damned pretty.

One note, shouldn't the fighter have drone stats? In other-words it be on par with the power of a newly buffed drone? Or at least comparable minus a chunk to compensate for its mobility?

Vorp

This is commonly available if you clear subspace in the higher levels *hint*.

The fighter itself is very tanky on par with some of the lower tech perm drones.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Pixel wrote:
The spawn rate of the fighters has been changed from 10 minutes to 2 minutes. I was told by other developers that the lag issue isn't caused by fighters but by other elements not relating to fighters.

Vorporal wrote:
You....you are epic!!! Please make this thing somewhat commonly available, that drone is too sexy to not be used commonly. I now want half a dozen around my gals just to look damned pretty.

One note, shouldn't the fighter have drone stats? In other-words it be on par with the power of a newly buffed drone? Or at least comparable minus a chunk to compensate for its mobility?

Vorp

This is commonly available if you clear subspace in the higher levels *hint*.

The fighter itself is very tanky on par with some of the lower tech perm drones.

Epic and cool
TYVM

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next