Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post Re: Permanent Drones Update
As I said before, any suggestions for new perm drones and if they're good like the Warpastic+ drone, I'll put it in :)

I feel good additions to the game is better, + it will help future emperor runs greatly as only perm drones can be used in Anatonlia.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:13 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

In some RTS games, there are defensive structures that deploy small fighter craft as their primary weapon (there are some small 'flak' like turrets for minor weapon). We have a drone (temp and mobile) that deploys fighters.

What about a perma drone that has a super item that generates a bunch of small fighters to intercept and disrupt enemy players?

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

The fighters would need to be really hard to kill, and have some effect...

OOOO!!!

How about fighters that are super resistant to damage, that apply a stacking resistance debuff!

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

TERMITE DRONE! Launch termites at termites!

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:57 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Drones that launch fighters might cause a ton of lag. What might be amusing is drones with negative knock back beams and knock back immunity; could be used to *drag* in the unwary player.

Other ideas:

Stellar Generator: Produce incredibly tough envelopes that act as mini planets to block weapons fire. If the tractoring change goes in this could lead to invincible unattached kits, so the envelopes would need to have a mechanism preventing blobbing them together and making attacks impossible. Could: Limit number in galaxy, give some kind of orbit or free movement radius, allow limited tractoring of envelopes/generators, script the envelopes so they can't be within X radius of one another or simply make the envelope act as a randomly generated planet which then proceeds to orbit the nearest star.
Perhaps more trouble than it's worth, but the main purpose is to make drone interaction with BvB more meaningful without making PvB impossible (without just throwing bigger numbers at the issue).

AI shipyards: Provides an extra spawn point for the local AI; could be a way of adding AI "trade fleets" that interact with the new AI base commods.
Potential issue: would need to account for aug farming and EXP grinding depending on how many AI it could spawn; I believe we have an anti-camping code which could be applied to this?

Gravitational Disruptors: Prevents tractoring of objects within X distance at the expense of negative effects
Issues: Fairly obvious, I'm not sure this would really be a good idea but it's out there nonetheless...

That's all I can scrape off the top of my head. Might add more later.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:05 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

I'd have ideas for temporary drones.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:54 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

You mentioned beefing armada ambrosia drones. What's the status on that?

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:44 am
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

The Salty One wrote:

We've given the Armada Ambrosia Drone around 30% more HPS over the Annihilator Defender with a base range of about 1000.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:48 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

You guys said something about making some perma drones like the xyz gear, I had an idea; you could make them debatable on warp. That way the drones must be built in the galaxy you want to lay then much in the same way you must with bases.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:16 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

jack the ripper wrote:
You guys said something about making some perma drones like the xyz gear, I had an idea; you could make them debatable on warp. That way the drones must be built in the galaxy you want to lay then much in the same way you must with bases.

Um, what does this mean? And do you mean that you can only build them on bases in the galaxy you want them? Or that you lay them and feed them commods somehow. I'm kind of confused.

- Chrono

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Chrono Warrior wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:

Um, what does this mean? And do you mean that you can only build them on bases in the galaxy you want them? Or that you lay them and feed them commods somehow. I'm kind of confused.

- Chrono

I think he means they won't be able to leave the galaxy they were built in.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

heylo wrote:
Chrono Warrior wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:

- Chrono

I think he means they won't be able to leave the galaxy they were built in.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S GENIUS!

Then you could make them "REALLY" strong. :shock:

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:57 pm
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

I can confirm that the Platform and Defender series of drones are sticky to the galaxy they have been built in (it won't let you warp with the drones in your hull). The idea is to make them decay from inventories on universe resets to keep people from prebuilding them. These two lines of drones are meant to be used only in a defensive way, not offensive. Therefore they're slightly better than their regular permanent drone counterparts as well as not being augable.

There are some holes that need to be looked at, though. First things that come to mind are item teleporters and TSL transfers to different AI bases (although this last one would be very costly).

Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:13 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Auxilium wrote:
The Salty One wrote:

We've given the Armada Ambrosia Drone around 30% more HPS over the Annihilator Defender with a base range of about 1000.

We're getting a new dev like every other week :P

Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:36 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Auxilium is the other half of the permanent drones development. :P

The Salty One wrote:
Drones that launch fighters.

carterstrain wrote:
What about a perma drone that has a super item that generates a bunch of small fighters to intercept and disrupt enemy players?

MasterTrader wrote:
How about fighters that are super resistant to damage, that apply a stacking resistance debuff!

These ideas sounds good, will attempt to make something around this idea.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:25 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next