Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post SS Economy
What if the SS economy reset every uni reset. Or maybe every 2-3 unis. Everyone would start with 1k credits, all those stored trillions would vanish, so everyone would be in a rush to spend them all before reset. Also at reset, things would be a bit more hectic, players would be selling of all their stored gear (item sink woo), capping stuff for creds maybe? Who knows.

I think this would lessen the enormous gap that new players have with the legacy players. Would add a new sense of urgency to all players at end of uni and throughout uni actually. Just a random idea i had, wanted to start a discussion about it.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:20 am
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Post Re: SS Economy
Then I would buy 1000 Titan Pulse Guns and then sell them after the reset.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:44 am

Danger wrote:

Go for it, still a decent cash sink and item sink.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

redalert150 wrote:
Danger wrote:

Go for it, still a decent cash sink and item sink.

That's the most ass-backwards cash sink I've ever heard of. Why not just divide everyone's liquid holding by two if that's how it all shakes out? Except that won't work either because there's bound to be ways to temporarily convert liquid credits into assets in a way that's lossless or close to it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:54 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Would destroy the economy after reset as there will be no cash in the economy. Who will buy anything? Nobody will have any money

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:53 am
Profile WWW

Okay bad idea. Good talk :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:34 pm
Team: Electric Sheep
Main: Rogue Amoeba
Level: 2591

Just how many creds do players have these days?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm

labrador_wow_wow wrote:

Enough that they had to make skills cost 2tril to max out so they can get rid of some of the creds. Enough that a new player will never catch up.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:26 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

redalert150 wrote:
labrador_wow_wow wrote:

Enough that they had to make skills cost 2tril to max out so they can get rid of some of the creds. Enough that a new player will never catch up.

I'm technically a new player. I didn't start seriously playing until like 3 years ago, well after Oly was out. I managed just fucking fine, thank you. My teammates seem to be doing fine as well. With adequate education and a willingness to grind hard, anyone can catch up in a few unis.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:50 pm

ELITE wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
labrador_wow_wow wrote:

I'm technically a new player. I didn't start seriously playing until like 3 years ago, well after Oly was out. I managed just fucking fine, thank you. My teammates seem to be doing fine as well. With adequate education and a willingness to grind hard, anyone can catch up in a few unis.

Not everyone goes the pay2win route you went. Im talking about a new player that doesnt have real life money to help him progress.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:08 pm
Team: The League Of Gentlemen
Main: Wildfox 4
Level: 1283

I have been giving this some thought as well. Demand is low while supplies are high. A larger player base would be a short term fix on demand as most new players wont be multi-clienting and thus adding to the supply like is happening now.

Bindomite was an incredibly elegant idea. Implementation was bungled badly to the point that any returns were squandered or even reversed.

We now find ourselves needing another credible sink. So how do you get the guys with all the credits to want to get rid of it without any impact to the cash flow the game so direly requires to remain afloat.

I was thinking that perhaps you could auction off naming rights to galaxies next to Sol.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:55 pm
Team: Public Enemy
Main: The Architect
Level: 157

redalert150 wrote:

Not everyone goes the pay2win route you went. Im talking about a new player that doesnt have real life money to help him progress.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Lol what. My shop generates more income than most teams. My galaxies pump out 30-50b a day. I DG and max my lockouts for the past 3 years and I'm p2win?

Come to me when you grind as hard as I have, and are at a similar place. This game rewards exactly as much as you put into it. If you want to make 5 character accounts, all endgame, and then start making a second account to complement the first. And then make a third, and a fourth. Coordinate an entire team to do bulk builds, work as a single unit to complete ubers and runs and massive building projects. Reap the benefits of build discounts, of the knowledge base of all the endgamers from before my time. Listen to your friends, to your endgamers who know all of the "wise ones" content.

We've had a serious "knowledge is power" policy since early C1. Aug setups, what mods to get, how to gear, how to lay proper bases, all of these things are created by teams experimenting with setups, burning their income to find the best of the best setups. And once that setup is discovered, it is shared amongst friends. Like for instance, my snipers aug/gear setup. I pioneered my specific setup, for hilarious range/sustained dps, and we used it to great effect in the EF/RF/Traders war. Traders emulated my setup, and have even surpassed Tristana with a few of their newer characters. I love to see real development in teams, with effort and time and credits being dumped into alts, making them legends in the SS community. It makes me laugh to see people who say all I do is tweak to win. Tweaks are just multipliers. My base numbers are strong enough that if I tweak, it just becomes straight hacking in the eyes of the uneducated player.

Jelly's gonna jell I guess. Get with times. Release your butthurt, start listening and learning from everyone you can and maybe you'll become a wise one. I used to be a player who had 8 class setups and ships on 1 character. I spent more credits class changing than I did developing anything else. And until I stopped that stupid fucking cycle, I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. Listening is OP.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:30 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Your shop and your adverts are filled with stuff you have stripped from accounts you are trading. But I still agree with you it doesn't take too long to catch up if your a good player.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Even though he may have some assets from other accounts there's no doubt he put in the work to get where he is today and saying he's pay to win just makes you look like a retard. You can't p2w your team to top 3. It takes an enormous amount of work to get up there which goes from helping your newest members level to helping them gear up to doing new content with them and that's even excluding the entire building bases side of things.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:50 am