Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Can't find forum post.
Wasnt there a post somewhere that showed that players inventory would have a empty slot saying shield/energy/radar etc if they didn't have it on board equipped? I can't find it anywhere. Or am I crazy?

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:07 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Post Re: Can't find forum post.
you're crazy anyway, but might be one somewhere

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:16 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

redalert150 wrote:
Wasnt there a post somewhere that showed that players inventory would have a empty slot saying shield/energy/radar etc if they didn't have it on board equipped? I can't find it anywhere. Or am I crazy?

Yes, that was supposed to be added for ships and bases, but I believe it only made it onto bases.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:25 am

ShawnMcCall wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Yes, that was supposed to be added for ships and bases, but I believe it only made it onto bases.

Only bases why? Even myself who has been a long time player sometimes forget to equip a radar or scoop or something on my ship (specially on new characters). Something like this would be greatly beneficial to any new players and crazy forgetful old players also :x

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:47 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

redalert150 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Only bases why? Even myself who has been a long time player sometimes forget to equip a radar or scoop or something on my ship (specially on new characters). Something like this would be greatly beneficial to any new players and crazy forgetful old players also :x

I agree, this should be added. The amount of times I forgot an overloader or capacitor... :roll:
I can't imagine how confusing it must be to a brand new player.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:23 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Yup! I have a version of this that works, but I'm not happy with the performance hit of my current implementation (which was really just a proof of concept) in large inventories. I need to either re-write it in a way that won't be such a performance hit, or else disable it for inventories over a certain size.

For anyone curious on why this applies to ship inventory but not base inventory, we have some special optimizations for sorting in ship inventories to be able to handle "storage ship" size inventories that have thousands of separate item stacks.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Perhaps disable it on industrial freigjters?

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:19 pm