Well color me pink and call me a pig...

hey pig

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Remove Space Break
KonanCruss wrote:
Blizzara did throw in the towel already.

Yes but that was because of other reasons. Getting bored and wanting to play other games being the main one.

I pretty much MCed because of higher skill cap. I'm sure I would had quit long time earlier if it wasn't for MCing. Doing runs with single character tends to be ultra boring and easy.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:11 pm
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

Idk, I just started doing PPS with Paladin and we 2 manned alot of the PPS content (We did spent alot of Trillions on our characters) and it was kinda funny hom much we still had to improve after spending so much money to be able to do PPS.

The funny part about end game is that they expect for you to MF 2x Burst to do some PPS content because otherwise you won't be able todo it, because denting some mobility augged Harriers with Thoraxes/Clenches/Midas Thouches is just the worst nightmare ever (we've killed a bunch of Harriers that aren't mobility augged). The other awesome thing about PPS is that you just need alot of Shield Bank to tank PPS, Resistance is just another thing, as long as you can survive the burst dmg from the AI you can do PPS.

The other funny part is that some people that aren't so into the game will never be able todo Drone Deployment 22, because you need to switch target so often, with some teams. The skill gap between some teams that they presume they are top 5 because of teamscore get miss-assumed that they can do alot of content while they can't. This should get some rework that the team score reflects on what lvl you really are content wise.

I feel pretty sad for Blizarra that he lost all his accounts. Whenever I quit this game I would never be able to sell/give my accounts away to people because of the amount of work I've put into them; kinda like another 'soul' of myself.

Tldr; people should be more self concience at what lvl they are. It's not because you're bought/got some really good character that you'll be able to do amazing content (even if you MC, sorry Hober, what you say about MC'ing is just bullshit), nor will being in a top 5 team mean you'll be as strong as the other end game players.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:44 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Woahhhhh, what's this about my Blizzard friend? D:

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:20 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

KonanCruss wrote:
Idk, I just started doing PPS with Paladin and we 2 manned alot of the PPS content (We did spent alot of Trillions on our characters) and it was kinda funny hom much we still had to improve after spending so much money to be able to do PPS.

The funny part about end game is that they expect for you to MF 2x Burst to do some PPS content because otherwise you won't be able todo it, because denting some mobility augged Harriers with Thoraxes/Clenches/Midas Thouches is just the worst nightmare ever (we've killed a bunch of Harriers that aren't mobility augged). The other awesome thing about PPS is that you just need alot of Shield Bank to tank PPS, Resistance is just another thing, as long as you can survive the burst dmg from the AI you can do PPS.

The other funny part is that some people that aren't so into the game will never be able todo Drone Deployment 22, because you need to switch target so often, with some teams. The skill gap between some teams that they presume they are top 5 because of teamscore get miss-assumed that they can do alot of content while they can't. This should get some rework that the team score reflects on what lvl you really are content wise.

I feel pretty sad for Blizarra that he lost all his accounts. Whenever I quit this game I would never be able to sell/give my accounts away to people because of the amount of work I've put into them; kinda like another 'soul' of myself.

Tldr; people should be more self concience at what lvl they are. It's not because you're bought/got some really good character that you'll be able to do amazing content (even if you MC, sorry Hober, what you say about MC'ing is just bullshit), nor will being in a top 5 team mean you'll be as strong as the other end game players.

Something like this. It's too hard to gain knowledge without someone teaching you. Paladin has a lot of endgame friends, and Chiku by extension. Only by listening/learning from those friends were they able to do SOME PPS. PPS without any assistance knowledge-wise is literally impossible for the average player/team. Which I'm not really okay with. I've stayed pretty far away from PPS because of how much effort it takes to complete. It's not even fun effort, it's a hilarious amount of tank and spank plus time to gather everyone online at the same time. Sure I could probably MC it with a friend or two but that's not fun. I want to take my entire team into the zone but I can't because most of them will get one shotted and be entirely useless to the squad, or get in the way of the useful members. So we wait.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:01 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

KonanCruss wrote:

Wait, what? How did Blizz lose all his accounts?

Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:25 pm

I wouldn't say "lost."

Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:38 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

ELITE wrote:
I wouldn't say "lost."

Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:08 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Oh, that. Thought you meant someone forcibly took them or the admins deleted them, without your permission.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

KonanCruss wrote:
(even if you MC, sorry Hober, what you say about MC'ing is just bullshit)

MasterTrader wrote:
To be really honest I don't care about MCing when there are enough people playing the game, or when skill full play allows you to beat overwhelming odds. The game is a giant stat stick competition, and that's the only reason MCing is so annoying to people. You either have enough stats to do a particular thing in the game or you don't. Everything after that just makes it faster/smoother. That's fine by itself, but there's no dynamism outside of that.

That is probably the only thing I've said directly about MCing in this thread.

EDIT: Here's some things I've said in other threads:

viewtopic.php?p=752411#p752411

MasterTrader wrote:
MCing only works when the characters that you are MCing are strong enough to last without moment to moment input from you. There simply aren't enough stats available to players, even if the game is 3+ universes old, for them to have a character capable of healing with minimal to no input. It would be even harder than it currently is.

If you think its possible, take yourself to go do The Serengeti with your 3 accounts with only gear, ships and augs that do not come from The Serengeti or higher. You won't be able to do it. In order to MC stuff you have to out gear the content on all of your characters. You can't do The Serengeti if your ShM is constantly getting popped/can't heal your Berserker in 3 shots.

The same is true in Iq Bana, Lunacy, Rumble Mumble, Snake Hole, Copper, Dark Curse, Albatross, etc. Those bosses will kick your ass if you only take gear you can build prior to Serengeti into there with a couple of accounts... And lets say you want to use modded gear. Yeah, you can do that. And get random 1/2/3 modded stuff with a lucky pair of mods every once in a while. You're not going to get perfectly modded stuff.

And if you spend all that Bindomite and time and money getting that gear, well you're not a wise one. Because why would a wise one waste all that on Pre T22 content? Unless they need to in order to get to T22...

viewtopic.php?p=752443#p752443

MasterTrader wrote:
I've been on "real teams" who wanted to show me how to make bases and who advised multi clienting. I said no because that's not how I wanted to play the game, I just simply don't enjoy the way this game has handled bases in the past (Maybe it will improve in the future) and I accept the consequences for that. I still think those consequences are ridiculous, but I accepted them. I'm not MCing because I find MCing to be distasteful. I don't want to play a Massively Singleplayer Online Game, I could easily sub 3 accounts right now (Engineer, Shield Monkey, Berserker/Sniper) and farm the ever loving shit out of the Serengeti/T20 content and other DGs to get credits/gear/augs/blueprints so that I would be able to do the other tech 21 content before trying to tackle Olympus. I am aware of what I would need to do it, and how much bindomite and gear I'd have to go through. I know how to do it, I just don't find it fun!

I'd rather sink that time and those resources into players who are new instead of spreading them over 3 different accounts.

I've played this game for so long, I know about how people used to make their money. I specifically chose not to participate in that for various reasons. I specifically chose not to run with people who were power farming content because I wanted to run with people who hadn't experienced it yet and who would be excited to do it. I never found those people, because a lot of them quit before they even got past level 100. I have no jealousy towards those doing well, I have irritation and frustration towards them because they do not see how the way the game is currently can be limiting what this game could be.

And those are the things I said about MCing in the past week. Probably the only bullshit thing is that I have Engineer and Shield Monkey there. Would probably be better off with just an Engineer and swapping the ShM out for a FC with wildslaves and an Amp. Either way, I'm sure what would be best would change from moment to moment. And I'm sure I would have some difficulty doing Oly content with just 3 accounts seeing as I am not an MC god. But I don't see how anything I've said is bullshit...

Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:29 am

I have a teamie who does oly with Zerk/ShM combo. True oldschool :P.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:15 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

PPspace was nice at the begining when you still needed a activ zerk, focus, heals ,timeings for amping and damage. it was fun with 8 diffrent people to do quick dgs after everybody new what to do and how to focus targets.

The only problem were the huge swarms of ais that came from every corner of ppspace to try to kill you and when you killed them once only a handfull spawned back.(outside dgs)

People complained its to hard and boom change came and everything was just about tank and spank most ais in the dgs got their damage degreased and their shield buffed you didnt need to focus the drones anymore no calls were needed but you needed only one thing which suited Mcers thats dps and time.

I agree with Lemon, after the change PPspace was just boring like 99 % of the other content you tank and spank you sit in one layer x min by the factor how much dps you have. the amount i needed to convince people to do ppspace went from 0 to 100 %, because we needed 6 players and most of them didnt MCed and they have all to be online at the same time, while others just multiaccount 8 accounts with 2 people and afk farmed the same dg 24/7 and got angry when you took them their bosses.

lucky most of the people which afk farmed dgs are gone now maybe i get a run together again who knows.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:24 am