Team: The Originals
Main: hawk
Level: 1366

Post Game Rules
I always wondered how people can say others are KOS (kill on sight). this usually leads to killing them over and over. Is this not considered Griefing or Harassment?

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:31 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Game Rules
It's not even possible

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:46 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
It's not even possible

whats not even possible ?

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:54 am

Killing them over and over because they can tow

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

We have an entire layer of no PvP, plenty of space/DGs to play with in EF layer. You can also pretty much DG anywhere in Perilous/Wild without ever seeing another active player.

As for griefing, you can't grief a player anymore. They cannot be forced back into their ship. You choose to get back in. You can tow to Sol for minimal cost, you can transwarp anywhere else in the game, you can just also just log out and not participate in PvP lol.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:17 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

nobody285 wrote:
I always wondered how people can say others are KOS (kill on sight). this usually leads to killing them over and over. Is this not considered Griefing or Harassment?

If a person gets carried away and is literally stalking to you to the point that you cant leave EF layer without them killing you, then yes that would be considered griefing.

There are many ways to get away from pvp though as already stated, having to log off shouldnt be one them though.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:44 am

You can always just pay back what you stole

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Team: Immortal Silver
Main: ASpaceShip
Level: 4354

Try another game, there are plenty around with identical mechanics to this but without the c*nts ;p

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:59 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

durpysquid wrote:
Try another game, there are plenty around with identical mechanics to this but without the c*nts ;p

I believe he was just curious, not really upset about it

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:17 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

nobody285 wrote:
this usually leads to killing them over and over.

This requires them getting back into their ship over and over. I don't make decisions on this stuff but it's generally my opinion that if you're silly enough to keep letting them kill you (instead of towing back to safety or logging out for five) then you deserve it.

Support

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:59 am

redalert150 wrote:
nobody285 wrote:

If a person gets carried away and is literally stalking to you to the point that you cant leave EF layer without them killing you, then yes that would be considered griefing.

There are many ways to get away from pvp though as already stated, having to log off shouldn't be one them though.

This is more along the lines of what i was talking about Blue Dwarf.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:23 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

nobody285 wrote:

Going along with what Blue Dwarf said, griefing or harassment kind of requires that you can't do anything about it. Ever since they put in the towing from stasis mechanic though, it would be hard to make a case against someone for griefing (unless they TW back to EF space every time you tow so that they can follow you out and kill you repeatedly, then you could probably make the case).

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:27 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

ShawnMcCall wrote:
nobody285 wrote:

Going along with what Blue Dwarf said, griefing or harassment kind of requires that you can't do anything about it. Ever since they put in the towing from stasis mechanic though, it would be hard to make a case against someone for griefing (unless they TW back to EF space every time you tow so that they can follow you out and kill you repeatedly, then you could probably make the case).

You can just tow to Sol and transwarp to some random perilous galaxy and start DGing from there.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:09 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

nobody285 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
nobody285 wrote:

There are many ways to get away from pvp though as already stated, having to log off shouldn't be one them though.

This is more along the lines of what i was talking about Blue Dwarf.

I think we've (or rather, Voom/Bageese/Ryan) have done <stuff> to stop people from doing this when it occurs.

Generally these days it's pretty hard to do with the ability to tow and transwarp and such. I remember back when I started (forgot what team it was) barricaded another team from Lyceum. Back then it wasn't part of Sol's annex and you could build outside it.

Support

Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:46 am