Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Pervert
Level: 9719

Post Re: Public Discord Server
Tomzta09 wrote:
Oh absolutely, there is no doubt about that. However, there is absolutely nothing controversial or offensive about telling someone their statement about multiclienting isn't true. If that power was in the control of the developers then it wouldn't be such a problem. Otherwise, it's free for somebody who was clearly in denial to exploit.

CLXXXIII- "The HM is a better ship for multiclienting than the t22"

Daedalus- "I'm gonna say this in the nicest possible way that i can, but you need to shut the fuck up CLX."

Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Truls wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
CLX should have no power on that server.

On his own server?

Precisely. Red is dumb.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:05 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Pontius123 wrote:
Truls wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

On his own server?

Precisely. Red is dumb.

No, both Red and Daed have a really good point. If SS is going to have an official channel, which with the current setup they have all the appearance of it being official while it's not, then CLX who is not a dev or mod shouldn't have any power there.

The point they are making is not that CLX shouldn't have power on his own server, they are saying he should not have power over the SS community server.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:12 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Pervert
Level: 9719

Easy fix then, make CLX a mod.

EDIT: Another easy fix, make your own server.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:
Truls wrote:

On his own server?

Precisely. Red is dumb.

No, both Red and Daed have a really good point. If SS is going to have an official channel, which with the current setup they have all the appearance of it being official while it's not, then CLX who is not a dev or mod shouldn't have any power there.

The point they are making is not that CLX shouldn't have power on his own server, they are saying he should not have power over the SS community server.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61701&hilit=Discord

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:56 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Truls wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

On he's own server?

I get that but discord blew up and now its more then just his server. CLX is a nice guy i hope this doesnt get misinterpreted but hes not mature enough to have all the power he has on that server right now. Im not mature enough for it either im not trying to take any shots at CLX.

Alternatively we could have a Dev start an official discord or save all that hassle and make hober the admin of the current one? Or just ignore all this cause who cares really.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:08 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

redalert150 wrote:
Truls wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

On he's own server?

I get that but discord blew up and now its more then just his server. CLX is a nice guy i hope this doesnt get misinterpreted but hes not mature enough to have all the power he has on that server right now. Im not mature enough for it either im not trying to take any shots at CLX.

Alternatively we could have a Dev start an official discord or save all that hassle and make hober the admin of the current one? Or just ignore all this cause who cares really.

This exactly, CLX is a good guy. However the more "official" that server becomes, and with it being the number one way of contacting a dev (response time beats an actual ticket response by days) it's already pretty official, the worse it is for a player with no official endorsement or position to head up that community.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:15 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

ShawnMcCall wrote:

True, but we have to realize what needs to be done. Is it that worth the effort to make your own new server; set up all the ranks, roles, teams, channels, and chats; invite everyone to it; actually manage to get people to come to it; and prevent abuse of power from the dev team?

...When there is already a server that does that?

Also, Ryan said he'd make an official SS Discord *if* there was enough interest. For one, I think he based the "interest" in that specific forum topic and there was 2 yay, 1 nay, and a bunch of neither interest or disinterest. Chishudo said the dev team should just do it and make it interesting so people come to it instead of waiting for interest before doing it.

CLX/Hober made a public Discord server in the meantime while the dev team (Hober wasn't a dev then) twiddled their thumbs waiting for interest. Which, at that rate, the SS dev team could make their official server, and 90-95% of the people who use or be interested in Discord will stick with CLX's server.

CLX/Hober advertise their server, engage people in it, and come to the public parts to talk to other people; not just their own team.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:17 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I told him for once to shut up about MCing. That not everything that was wrong with the game was down to MCing, something he seems keen on.

However I am glad people see my point.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:54 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

inb4 clx is a dev and this is all pointless

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:55 pm
Main: Lycurgus
Level: 2292

anilv wrote:
inb4 clx is a dev and this is all pointless

Is the response I would give if CLX becomes a Dev

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:28 am

redalert150 wrote:
Truls wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

On he's own server?

:roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

https://discord.gg/4GmD3w7

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:13 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

It seems that the original discord that was in use was shut down by the player running it. We've opened a new one that is under control of the developers and is an "Official Discord Server" for Star Sonata that can't be shut down in a similar manner.

https://discord.gg/bKtX3CK

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Okay for those not in the loop, the old discord was deleted earlier due to sillyness, so there are 2 servers going around now. One is the official SS discord, which is run by the devs and has same rules you have on all chat just a bit more relaxed. There is also a unofficial server full of trolls and rebels, but you can say what you want. So feel free to join both.

Here is the link to the unofficial server, its ghetto as fuck.

https://discord.gg/rhCcUwg

EDIT: New link.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next