Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post With Steam in out future, check this out.
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-130

Pretty interesting.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:13 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Post Re: With Steam in out future, check this out.
Factorio has 98% positive reviews score. What concerns me about steam release is that SS, in my opinion, will get about 40-60% positive scores and people will not even give it a try.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:23 am

Godsteel wrote:
Factorio has 98% positive reviews score. What concerns me about steam release is that SS, in my opinion, will get about 40-60% positive scores and people will not even give it a try.

Oh poop, im not familiar with how steam works. I didnt know they score your game :lol: We will be scored on the nexus and MAYBE some mid game crapola. This is terrible for us, if we were being scored by our end game stuff it would be a way different case.

Yet another reason why anything that doesnt involve early/mid game content should be stopped being worked on by all devs and focus all their attention as a team on early/mid game content.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

Factorio is an awesome game.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

during the reddit invasion the second galaxy in was an enormous mass of stasis ships, which means the fist galaxy impression was very bad.

This needs all jazzing up and giving players a taste of something cool. Maybe the starter ship is actually cool / maneuverable / op even
Anyone knows this who has sat down their friends and tried to get them to play:
"it gets better later I promise"
"yeh this bit sucks but its gets better"
"this is all too confusing"
"what do I actually do"

its all too sandboxy, it needs to be streamlined and storyboarded with some space crack thrown in to get people ready to sell thier own grandmothers to get to the next zone.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

sabre198 wrote:
during the reddit invasion the second galaxy in was an enormous mass of stasis ships, which means the fist galaxy impression was very bad.

This needs all jazzing up and giving players a taste of something cool. Maybe the starter ship is actually cool / maneuverable / op even
Anyone knows this who has sat down their friends and tried to get them to play:
"it gets better later I promise"
"yeh this bit sucks but its gets better"
"this is all too confusing"
"what do I actually do"

its all too sandboxy, it needs to be streamlined and storyboarded with some space crack thrown in to get people ready to sell thier own grandmothers to get to the next zone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

/signed for new player Zebus to be a lot more maneuverable and all-around better.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:59 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Yea no harm with beefing their strength by 2x or so. Zebus should be able to shit on the nexus,dont want starting players to struggle, that should come a little later.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

heylo wrote:
Yea no harm with beefing their strength by 2x or so. Zebus should be able to shit on the nexus,dont want starting players to struggle, that should come a little later.

They should also just be more maneuverable in general. A lot of new players have difficulty adjusting to the controls in SS because they're used to WoW and stuff.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Not only should Zebu's be a lot stronger, but for the love of god push players into doing the new low level dungeon zones.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Since we're on the subject of Steam games, here's a little interesting one that's actually /very/ similar to Star Sonata.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404410/

Basically, completely free (instead of freemium) top down somewhat physics (at least for momentum and turning) driven single player space game. It was apparently developed by one guy too. Plenty of positive reviews.

The question I think is, will SS on Steam be as successful as this? What have the developers done to make the Nexus/Mid Game more interesting and accessible so those people who try it stick around.

I mean, keep in mind Steam lets people put positive or negative reviews right on the store page. If it goes poorly you might see a snowballing effect where the negative reviews turn people off from even trying the game.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Septagon wrote:
Since we're on the subject of Steam games, here's a little interesting one that's actually /very/ similar to Star Sonata.

Basically, completely free (instead of freemium) top down somewhat physics (at least for momentum and turning) driven single player space game. It was apparently developed by one guy too. Plenty of positive reviews.

The question I think is, will SS on Steam be as successful as this? What have the developers done to make the Nexus/Mid Game more interesting and accessible so those people who try it stick around.

I mean, keep in mind Steam lets people put positive or negative reviews right on the store page. If it goes poorly you might see a snowballing effect where the negative reviews turn people off from even trying the game.

1 man and it looks so much better than SS >.>

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:25 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Triskaidekaphobia
Level: 5325

Septagon wrote:

Wow where did that game come from? Looks so much like how SS should be.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Lol

Do you see how fun that game looks, its so fast paced. SS could use a fast forward x 10 button.

EDIT: lack of sleep.

Last edited by redalert150 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:00 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Endless Sky is not an MMO, which makes it very different from Star Sonata.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:07 pm