Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post From the beginning... Blueprints. Mission Issue.
As over the days I've received complaints that this mission is almost impossible to complete cause the mission required items are so rare, its more annoyance than fun to do this mission to proceed down the engineer mission chain in Lyceum. The mission in question is called: "From the beginning... Blueprints.".
Description
Quote:
As you enter $stationstart, you are greeted by a solid man with a black beard. You don't know why you notice it, but he's bald.

"$playername! I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm $startvendor. Hmm, you don't have a nickname yet, do you? You'll earn one soon enough, as long as you start tinkering. Come up with one good invention and you're set for life here.

"Now, on that note, I'm working on my next big project, I can't release too many details on it... but it's big. As you know, every project starts with blueprints, then prototypes until you have it all wrapped up. I need to do mine in kind of the reverse order... so I need the schematics to other projects so I can make my prototype!

$startvendor notices your puzzled look.

"I know exactly what you're thinking. 'How can I invent something new using someone else's plans?' Guess I have to leak some details on my project, but whatever you do, don't tell 'Warpjumper'. He'd jump all over this in an instant! I'm making an Omniprint Schematic Library! It's a blueprint that has the blueprints to all other blueprints and to top it off it comes in three shades of blue!

"So, you think you can help me?" says $startvendor grinning.

The current requirements to complete this mission are: 1 of each Arson Drone Blueprint, Atoms and Bits Blueprint, Incineration Blueprint and Jade Thorax Blueprint.

The current change I suggested would be to change it to require 5 Lyceum Mention Blueprints, but some other developers feel this is too higher content for such a mission. What are your thoughts?

You can thank SunDog60 for bringing this to my attention. Here's SunDog60's suggestion:
SunDog60 wrote:
Rime Drone, Blue Alpha Drone, Vulcanite Drone, Arson Drone, Goblin Defense

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:23 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: From the beginning... Blueprints. Mission Issue.
Yea I'm with Sun. Or some random crap assortment of ai base drones.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:50 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

What's the reward? If it's mediocre I don't see why you'd want to keep it an annoyance by collecting drones from various places. In that case I'm voting for mention BPs.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:14 am

heylo wrote:
What's the reward? If it's mediocre I don't see why you'd want to keep it an annoyance by collecting drones from various places. In that case I'm voting for mention BPs.

It's designed for noob engis to start their BFD chain iirc. I doubt they have mention bps.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:33 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

If this honorary mention blueprint is too high leveled for the intended players, you could always just slash the number of blueprints required for the current mission by half. Requiring only an Arson Drone Blueprint and an Incineration Blueprint doesn't seem like it would be so bad.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

It would be about as bad, since Arson Drone blueprint is by far the hardest of those to get.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:31 am

Xonok2 wrote:
It would be about as bad, since Arson Drone blueprint is by far the hardest of those to get.

Having mission chains for low level gear gated by the RNG of farming low level DGs seems counterintuitive. If the goal is to get players to kill a DG boss or two, maybe have the mission go off killing a DG boss instead of requiring three out of 10842051250123850 random bps that could drop.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:22 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Xonok2 wrote:

Huh. Maybe instead of requiring blueprints at all, the mission could require a few drones that are somewhat common, cheap and readily available for sale?

Of course that could run into problems too, people could overinflate the prices and make it just as difficult for a person to get as these blueprints.

Wouldn't it be more interesting to have the player go, say blow up a few different types of AI drones and collect a mission scrap item from each? If there's one thing the game has too many of, its fetch quests that are entirely dependent on RNG.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:42 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Septagon wrote:
Xonok2 wrote:

Huh. Maybe instead of requiring blueprints at all, the mission could require a few drones that are somewhat common, cheap and readily available for sale?

Of course that could run into problems too, people could overinflate the prices and make it just as difficult for a person to get as these blueprints.

Wouldn't it be more interesting to have the player go, say blow up a few different types of AI drones and collect a mission scrap item from each? If there's one thing the game has too many of, its fetch quests that are entirely dependent on RNG.

This was mentioned at the bottom of Pixel's post, a list of drones is there that could be an alternative.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:41 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Is Goblin Defense farmable? Afaik you can get it with missions and maybe from Doc Goblin.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Should be a drop from Protoplasmica, probably Doc Goblin. It can always be made more common or replaced by another drone.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Ok so its looking like SunDog60's suggestion is the best idea atm?

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:34 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

APRIL FOOLS!!

damn u guis were a bit late this year

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:08 pm

The Salty One wrote:
APRIL FOOLS!!

damn u guis were a bit late this year

Could of said the patch is coming out, but felt that was too harsh of a April fools joke so I didn't do anything. :P

ELITE wrote:
If the goal is to get players to kill a DG boss or two, maybe have the mission go off killing a DG boss.

This is a great idea will pass this along, I feel for this mission that blueprints of some sort is required.

I'll conclude that SunDog60's is fine to go ahead with. Thank you for posting on this topic! :)

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:49 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Should have changed all the ai bases into a pic of jeff for april fools.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:40 am