Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Missile Rebalance discussion thread
Auxilium wrote:
Over the last 2 weeks I've been working up the new stats for the missiles.
I've gone with Churchill's suggestion of basing the maximum launch range on a tech level combined with a certain range modifier. We've got low range (such as MIRVs and Bunkerbusters), midrange (most missiles) and high range (such as Lancer and Disintegrator) missiles. The modifiers I've used are:

Launch Range=Tech level*100*Range modifier
With the range modifers being:
-Low: 0.75
-Mid: 1.0
-High: 1.75

The damage on the missiles is also scaled. Highrange missiles do approximately 25% damage less than midrange and lowrange do 25% more than midrange.
Additionally, mining missiles will do 10% damage less than their other damage type equivalents at a given tech.

The DPE has also been changed. Most missiles follow this formula: DPE=1.0+(0.1*techlevel). However, there are exceptions to this which you can find out about for yourself once they're released into the game :)

So we're gonna see a base 2.2 DPE for tech 22 missiles eh? Hmm...

Not sure how I feel about missile spam alone being that damn efficient while weapons continue to be worthless 90% of the time...

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:49 pm
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

MasterTrader wrote:

Not sure how I feel about missile spam alone being that damn efficient while weapons continue to be worthless 90% of the time...

Trust me, they'll be hard to spam. The higher tech missiles, especially T22, do alot of damage so even though their DPE is over 3 they take a high amount of elec and there's no way anyone would be able to spam them.

Additionally, after I'm done with missiles I can look into early (and perhaps mid) game weapons gaining a fair increase in strength. That has nothing to do with this, though, so you'll have to wait a while for that to come around!

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:54 pm
Contributor

Auxilium wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Trust me, they'll be hard to spam. The higher tech missiles, especially T22, do alot of damage so even though their DPE is over 3 they take a high amount of elec and there's no way anyone would be able to spam them.

Additionally, after I'm done with missiles I can look into early (and perhaps mid) game weapons gaining a fair increase in strength. That has nothing to do with this, though, so you'll have to wait a while for that to come around!

The fact that you acknowledged looking into them is all that I need. A fair increase in strength, and hopefully you all making good on your intention to reorganize class skills should be all thats needed to push the early and mid game into a much more agreeable experience.

Might I suggest that you take a look at tech 0-16 resistances of AI as well?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:06 pm
Content Dev

MasterTrader wrote:
And hopefully you all making good on your intention to reorganize class skills should be all thats needed to push the early and mid game into a much more agreeable experience.

Might I suggest that you take a look at tech 0-16 resistances of AI as well?[/color]

We've actually talked about this in the meeting. I'm sure you can expect some news on this in the near future.

I'm pretty busy at the moment but perhaps in the future I can look at the resist levels of AI.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:28 pm
Contributor

Auxilium wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
And hopefully you all making good on your intention to reorganize class skills should be all thats needed to push the early and mid game into a much more agreeable experience.

Might I suggest that you take a look at tech 0-16 resistances of AI as well?[/color]

We've actually talked about this in the meeting. I'm sure you can expect some news on this in the near future.

I'm pretty busy at the moment but perhaps in the future I can look at the resist levels of AI.

Thank you for your time Aux. :D

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:36 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Auxilium wrote:

Is 7300 elect per second on 127k bank before solar panels enough?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:52 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Whats with the hate on missile spam? Cant their dps and dpe be changed so that Gunners and whomever else chooses to uses missiles would have to be more active and spam missiles? I dont think missiles doing massive damage from one vollie is the way to go.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 pm
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
Whats with the hate on missile spam? Cant their dps and dpe be changed so that Gunners and whomever else chooses to uses missiles would have to be more active and spam missiles? I dont think missiles doing massive damage from one vollie is the way to go.

When I say missile spam, I'm talking about outside of Gunner. Players currently dont even need to put weapons on their ships, and sometimes its a waste of time to try, when its better to aug purely to be able to fire missiles off indefinitely. And these aren't Gunners.

When I say missile spam I mean people just using missiles because there's no need to do anything else...

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:59 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

I could say the same about Remote Control and Fleet Commanders, Hober.

@DevTeam

I would like to see some way to specialize a ship to using missiles only, preferably Gunner locked. There are some people that did, do, and will do if/when they return. My friend Wuffell was a Gunner of this kind (though he liked the old missile mash spam more).

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:59 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Specializing could be done by having different launchers with different stats. Partly the specialization aspect exists due to elec needs. It could be improved further by also having launchers that have better stats(faster launch?), but take disproportionally more space. It's the same problem as with fighters really - if they don't cost you a lot of space, they can never be balanced as a main damage option.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:24 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

If you start with the goal of making it so Gunner can't be broken, you're going to be more disappointed than after a night out with Churchill.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 am
Content Dev

Actually, Gunners gain a lot by these changes. Class skills won't affect missiles after this goes in, which means the only thing that boosts missile damage is Missile Mastery.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:17 pm
Contributor

Yay!

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:31 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Auxilium wrote:
Actually, Gunners gain a lot by these changes. Class skills won't affect missiles after this goes in, which means the only thing that boosts missile damage is Missile Mastery.

And the bonuses on the UrQa'qa Qu'ishi Qa's missile launcher?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:59 am
Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

Tbh, removing class skill bonuses that don't directly apply to missiles or locking large MIRVs to gunner only are fine. Large MIRVS are the only good missile that any class can use effectively. All the other missiles are fair game.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:20 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next