Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: heavyg33
Level: 6029

Post Re: Missile Rebalance discussion thread
<<<claps. yes yes make them "balance". lancers having 3.5k is soo balance now. snipers can get like 400% more range on weps an ez have 4-5k on most beam weps so I guess its cool now lancers (longest range missile) are useless vs a ranged sniper rip slow moving gunner. ooo and that smart idea to let bunkerbuster fire single from 3 salvo is genius! now a seer or sd can ez kill the missile. I mean now a they can fire and reveal them self to destroy the missiles cause its not like there are 2 extra to follow them like before . oh and that idea of making the missile take 1.0s before thrusting to full speed is nice . I guess the foe need time to think and destroy them. ooo and nice work on the mirv torpedo they don't fire their lil missiles like before but I guess that balanced... ohh that 5sec effect those flare missiles do is genius I mean lets use the 5 sec it take to fire 1 missile to light up the target see it for 5 sec then fire...umm.. shoot.. nvm the target is cloaked again..oo and leaving the entanglement missile speed cap at 350 is smart . its not like any sd fly faster than 350 soo I guess they don't need a speed beef.those burst missile is nice without any dps ... I mean after a gunner shoot them and get caught in the blast his resis cut with his foe reis cut is an even strike no dps needed for the missile hmm nice..btw that disrupter missile was to cut foe shield reg by 50% but now it has no effect other than that gunner destruction skill that's balanced I guess....ooo that interrupter missile that was to do something to seer was never fix so that another missile that dose nothing but explode in a bang nice work aux nice work indeed. those decoy missile cant take a hit don't get cced nor catch agro again aux you worked very hard indeed. I'm done

Sat May 07, 2016 5:06 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

10/10 shitpost

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat May 07, 2016 5:09 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Please tell me this missile re-balance isn't done.

Sat May 07, 2016 5:13 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Rip mirvyG

Sat May 07, 2016 5:14 pm
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

I may decipher that block of text HeavyG wrote when I get more time.

Any concerns regarding the changes to missiles can be posted here and if there's enough player feedback to enforce a community opinion I'm open for additional changes to them.

Sun May 08, 2016 5:07 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

HeavyG33 wrote:
Jesus Christ that hurt my eyes to read...

Maybe you shouldn't be over-reliant on missiles, I have seen you PvP before, all you do is missile boat spam. All of these changes will allow missiles to remain useful in PvE and give them some sort of balancing effect in PvP, because you know just as well as I do they are OP as fuck in PvP.

Anywho yeah, build setups that aren't purely missile boat spam and this won't fuck you up as much.

Sun May 08, 2016 7:25 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Heavy with all due respect, if you truly are the "best Gunner in SS" that you claim to be, you will find an alternative to your original strategy and work around the nerf. :wink:

Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

HeavyG33 wrote:
I'm done

QQ moar

Sun May 08, 2016 8:24 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Personally I feel like Missiles were a plague upon the game and should only exist in very specific formats, with debuffing effects only.

Negative resists, reduced turning/thrust, EMP missiles that lock you out of your ship for a second or so, stuff like that.

Then get rid of Missile Mastery and give Gunner's an actual 3rd class subskill... Maybe a focus on Torpedo weapons? I dunno...

Sun May 08, 2016 2:09 pm

to all that cant understand the text, I'm sorry. i was in colo testing the missiles with other players and blue dwarf. so its like this... i test out a missile then made a comment on it. so i wasn't trying to make it look fancy.

shawn. dude did you really just say i rely on missile to much? yet you said you see how i pvp. dude stop those lies. i got tons of vids on youtube proving how much cash i put into a wep dps. don't be mad that i use both and over kill you. videos on youtube bro. star sonata 2 master of mayhem

tom. ehhehe i would galdy hold that title with no doubts cause im pretty sure no other player spent as much time and effort in gunner as i do. not even that know it all sundog :). its cause i love the class so much i want to see it get his share of respect in the uni. and yes i do have other ways but with a skill that lower target resistance on missile hit why wouldnt i take this to my use?

aux. dude you cant wait for a player body to group up before you start the changes... like really there isn't much players in game, not much are gunners and too much hate.ok fine i kinda like the idea of the 1.0sec hold before missile speeding off but they need more speed in some areas like entanglement,flare,kinitc . also their effects need to be long cause standard missile lunch is 5sec so a effect lasting 5sec or less is pretty much useless.

to haters. i know a lot of those haters on gunner don't own a gunner for shit and if they do they only use it for debuff and swarm control. you guys jelly cause i took my time and made something out of the class. i really don't understand ppl, there is this class that has skills for missiles use (destruction and missile mastery) and YET! they don't want missile being use in game cause of wut??? it hit to hard? to fast? w/e! if you hate missile so much find a setup to counter it and stop being a bitch asking for removal like fucking really. i hate the idea of mfing prawns and you don't see me bitching about it, i fcking rekt them now so they isn't a issue.

guys... i just want the gunner class to be fun to allow a lot of players to take in. yall saying i want missiles to be fix just cause i can pvp . that's not the case. i have 4 main ships on my gunner. Battle sphare for uber runs ,mild pvp and pvb. Reaver+ for shealth gunnery , recon and light dging. PBF for pvping, dging and light ubers and light pvb. RPW for standard use. the only ship that rely on missiles is my reaver+ and rpw seeing as it only has 50% dps with weps. the other ship use missiles but not to a extent as those 2 nor to the extent as a average gunner.

Sun May 08, 2016 4:29 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

HeavyG33 wrote:
tom. ehhehe i would galdy hold that title with no doubts cause im pretty sure no other player spent as much time and effort in gunner as i do. not even that know it all sundog :).

Probably because instead of wasting people's time, I instead work on the wiki and try to help people to save them time. Besides, all I need to do to kill AI is have some weapons and missiles, if I really wanted to max out the capabilities of my RPW, I may as well just switch class to something that actually does considerable DPS, but instead I go on team runs to provide debuff at least. I know that my class is for crowd control and debuffing, I don't try to lie to myself that it's a proper DPS class.

Also there's absolutely no way you've legitly been using MIRV torpedoes this entire time. Those things were phased out like, over a year ago... You know what MIRV rockets are right?

Sun May 08, 2016 4:47 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

HeavyG33 wrote:
tom. ehhehe i would galdy hold that title with no doubts cause im pretty sure no other player spent as much time and effort in gunner as i do. not even that know it all sundog :). its cause i love the class so much i want to see it get his share of respect in the uni. and yes i do have other ways but with a skill that lower target resistance on missile hit why wouldnt i take this to my use? .

Join the club, I have been waiting for Prawns to get nerfed for the past four years.

Sun May 08, 2016 4:52 pm

sundog. I said I still use mirv torpedoes i didn't say i replace rockets with them. i use them at time just to to get the debuff. and now that rockets are cap at 1.5k seems im gonna have to use torpedoes more to get that added range debuff. i do hope aux look into the torpedos so they can fire like before rockets came out . i would really like that.you guys just don't get gunner class huh. yall think its just about spaming missiles. but at the end of the day its about using the right missiles at the right time over spaming. i wonder if i was a DM and use drones if ppl would say i just spam drones to win O.o....

Sun May 08, 2016 5:57 pm
Content Dev
Main: Auxilium
Level: 1

I reworked the launch mechanic of the missiles today. They should feel a lot better to use as of next patch. If you come across any that still miss their target with half their salvos, or ones that have utter terrible agility, please let me know and I'll make sure to have a closer look at them.

Oh, and I also gave Lancers a beef to their launch range. Small has 2500, Medium 3500 and Large 5000.

Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm

where is the changes??? where did the new effects you was putting in. its been like a month since our talk and everything still the same -_-

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next