Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Officer
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6521

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1974
Location: Finland
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
ELITE wrote:
I still have no idea why people willingly play on tilted view. Especially on low graphics. That looks like complete shit.

This.

I will add my personal preference to this list: low ambient lighting.


Tue May 03, 2016 3:16 pm
Profile
Team: Terran Empire
Rank: Officer
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4402

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 92
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
Not a whole lot of turnover it seems


Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank:
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9332

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
Yea a swing and a miss again :|

I wish a dev would make a dev note post about, and then regardless of the turnaround hold the event consistently same day of the week for a few weeks. Eventually people will start show up, specially if we get some cool videos of it and people start trash talking and stuff.

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Fri May 06, 2016 11:25 am
Profile
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Posts: 1068
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
redalert150 wrote:
Yea a swing and a miss again :|

I wish a dev would make a dev note post about, and then regardless of the turnaround hold the event consistently same day of the week for a few weeks. Eventually people will start show up, specially if we get some cool videos of it and people start trash talking and stuff.


Bobbo does all the contests. You've seen what he's like. Bobbo is lazy if he can help it, will forget to reward people to go to a party, and cannot even check mark an addition despite being 100% done and patch going in. This is the guy you're going to get for organizing the tournament.

The entire dev team couldn't even do Patch/Restart Wednesdays right. Do you honestly have faith in a single dev, going out of his way, to organize an event only a small portion of the playerbase will enter, once a week for 52 weeks a year?

_________________
->Aces High
->Fortes Fortuna Juvat
->Up with irons


Fri May 06, 2016 11:50 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank:
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9332

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
carterstrain wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Yea a swing and a miss again :|

I wish a dev would make a dev note post about, and then regardless of the turnaround hold the event consistently same day of the week for a few weeks. Eventually people will start show up, specially if we get some cool videos of it and people start trash talking and stuff.


Bobbo does all the contests. You've seen what he's like. Bobbo is lazy if he can help it, will forget to reward people to go to a party, and cannot even check mark an addition despite being 100% done and patch going in. This is the guy you're going to get for organizing the tournament.

The entire dev team couldn't even do Patch/Restart Wednesdays right. Do you honestly have faith in a single dev, going out of his way, to organize an event only a small portion of the playerbase will enter, once a week for 52 weeks a year?


Do you ever have some positive feedback to add to conversations?

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Fri May 06, 2016 1:09 pm
Profile
User avatar
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 pm
Posts: 1186
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
I've dealt with Bobbo a lot in the past, he is amazing at what he does.

_________________
All your base are belong to us.
(They set us up the bomb!)

Image


Fri May 06, 2016 4:54 pm
Profile
User avatar
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 pm
Posts: 1186
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
The lack of PvP in the game is what pushed away a lot of players like me, I wont talk for other people, but I remember a good deal of players from various teams that loved the nonsensical pirating era of iWin.

I dont have much time on my hands to organize this pvp tournament idea, but this sort of thing is what would bring people like me back to the game. (oh and also bring back aggroable bases, haha)

_________________
All your base are belong to us.
(They set us up the bomb!)

Image


Fri May 06, 2016 4:56 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Psionic Corps
Rank: Officer
Main: Tristana
Level: 3437

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5724
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
I like killing people but schedules seem to be a thing not many of us have the ability to comprehend.

_________________
LemonPrime Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Fri May 06, 2016 5:46 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank:
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9332

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
ELITE wrote:
schedules .


did you mean school bus? Whats Cshedule? Im sure you meant school bus.

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Fri May 06, 2016 8:02 pm
Profile
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Posts: 1068
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
redalert150 wrote:
Do you ever have some positive feedback to add to conversations?


I do actually. I'm just being realistic.

SS has no community manager. I'm not even sure that SS can even conceptualize it. So SS dev team ... if they actually like this idea enough to sponsor it, will probably send the contest guy.

Aka Bobbo.

SS devs get to choose what they work on, which tend to be their own pet projects. Since Bobbo didn't come up with this, I'm not sure he would actually help it along. It takes time away from the stuff that he enjoys.

_________________
->Aces High
->Fortes Fortuna Juvat
->Up with irons


Fri May 06, 2016 9:27 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5594

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11109
Post Re: PvP Tournament - Enter your information
Actually Jeff posted in the last patch notes about a Battleground area he is working on. IDK what it is yet but maybe that could be like what people are asking for in this thread.

_________________
Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features


Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.