Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Team: Zephyr
Rank: Soldier
Main: TranquilityZ
Level: 2436

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 pm
Posts: 3
Post WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
Paying well, 275+ilvl, experienced raid lead, has mic.

No really, implement an entirely new money making system with no guide or basis.
BONUS ROLL: No one else knows.
BONUS BONUS ROLL: Delete the old methods entirely.


Sat May 07, 2016 6:40 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Rank: Peon
Main: Tristana
Level: 3381

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5718
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
Another bonus roll: may or may not work at all.

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Sat May 07, 2016 6:41 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar
Team: Salt and Pepper
Rank: Councilor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4038

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 3160
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
Lmao, why are ya'll complaining now? Isn't this the SS you love? The one where everything is hidden and needs to be discovered? Ya'll love the old days so much, well this is what the old days were like.

This is STILL even easier than the old days, because back then you wouldn't even be told it was being added.

_________________
Image
Image
http://www.starsonata.com/suggestions


Sat May 07, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: IfElseCube
Rank: Operator
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 237
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
MasterTrader wrote:
Lmao, why are ya'll complaining now? Isn't this the SS you love? The one where everything is hidden and needs to be discovered? Ya'll love the old days so much, well this is what the old days were like.

This is STILL even easier than the old days, because back then you wouldn't even be told it was being added.


Honestly, if you are going to release a large change in the most standard way to make money such changes would be documented. Once the change has been made, the new solution or idea is implemented with some sort of "here is what we have added". "This is basically how it works".

I understand not feeding everyone with raw info to the best commods to sell/style... but a basic format would be nice. Currently I have found random additions throughout the game that are not in the notes and have no guide or documentation at all. This requires testing that not only is costly to begin with, it eats tons of time. I don't know if these things have half lifes, I have no idea what to sell or even where to start. I'll admit I am mentally crippled, but how the hell do you expect a new player to take advantage of such a system.

_________________
TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |


Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Posts: 1068
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
TranquilityX wrote:
but a basic format would be nice. Currently I have found random additions throughout the game that are not in the notes and have no guide or documentation at all. This requires testing that not only is costly to begin with, it eats tons of time. I don't know if these things have half lifes, I have no idea what to sell or even where to start. I'll admit I am mentally crippled, but how the hell do you expect a new player to take advantage of such a system.


The way Jeff outlined his thoughts over the years he has owned this game, he really likes the idea of logging into SS never knowing what he would find next and dislikes the idea of anything explained to you in hard stone. It takes away from the vast, never ending, mysterious universe he fell in love with. He also doesn't like main stories like the one he found in Star Control I and II.

The fun times include:

->Not properly documenting anything. See Astral Injection.

->Adding new content that befuddle people on principle, be it names or gameplay.

->Making missions and tutorials vague and not really informative, such as the mountains of mission text.

->Ensuring certain mechanics are hard to see what you did or did not do wrong, like augging your perma drones.

_________________
->Aces High
->Fortes Fortuna Juvat
->Up with irons


Sat May 07, 2016 8:16 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Rank: Peon
Main: Tristana
Level: 3381

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5718
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
Don't worry guys, this entire system is pointless. You can still AI base y's.

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Sat May 07, 2016 8:16 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: IfElseCube
Rank: Operator
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 237
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
carterstrain wrote:
TranquilityX wrote:
but a basic format would be nice. Currently I have found random additions throughout the game that are not in the notes and have no guide or documentation at all. This requires testing that not only is costly to begin with, it eats tons of time. I don't know if these things have half lifes, I have no idea what to sell or even where to start. I'll admit I am mentally crippled, but how the hell do you expect a new player to take advantage of such a system.


The way Jeff outlined his thoughts over the years he has owned this game, he really likes the idea of logging into SS never knowing what he would find next and dislikes the idea of anything explained to you in hard stone. It takes away from the vast, never ending, mysterious universe he fell in love with. He also doesn't like main stories like the one he found in Star Control I and II.

The fun times include:

->Not properly documenting anything. See Astral Injection.

->Adding new content that befuddle people on principle, be it names or gameplay.

->Making missions and tutorials vague and not really informative, such as the mountains of mission text.

->Ensuring certain mechanics are hard to see what you did or did not do wrong, like augging your perma drones.


Jeff? Logging in?

kek

_________________
TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |


Sat May 07, 2016 8:54 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Director
Main: SunDog60
Level: 5245

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:15 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Canada
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
The system will be explained in a blog post, but it was delayed.

_________________
T21 Skills and Dailies Guide - Personal Wiki Contributions - Monthly Wiki Contributions


Sat May 07, 2016 9:00 pm
Profile
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Posts: 1068
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
SunDog60 wrote:
The system will be explained in a blog post, but it was delayed by a few decades.


Fixed

_________________
->Aces High
->Fortes Fortuna Juvat
->Up with irons


Sat May 07, 2016 9:03 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Rank: Peon
Main: Tristana
Level: 3381

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5718
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
SunDog60 wrote:
The system will be explained in a blog post, but it was delayed.


So the entire last universe, they didn't have time to sit down and write out a few paragraphs?

Fuck that. Fuck excuses. Stop being shitty at communication with your PAYING PLAYERS and give us something fucking useful for once.

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Sat May 07, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: IfElseCube
Rank: Operator
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 237
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
I honestly wouldn't have to many issues if I didn't have to pay. If this was a free pet project that we are participating in then sure, I can understand shit support and shit development.

But the fact we pay and get unbalanced, untested, exploitable content is just silly.

_________________
TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |


Sat May 07, 2016 9:35 pm
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 3508

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:34 am
Posts: 673
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
The mission text isnt so much the amount is its just all a big wall, all other mmos have nicely formated and sectioned quest/mission descriptions with good use of font sizes, bold, color and arrangement.


Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Rank: Peon
Main: Tristana
Level: 3381

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5718
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
urzaserra256 wrote:
The mission text isnt so much the amount is its just all a big wall, all other mmos have nicely formated and sectioned quest/mission descriptions with good use of font sizes, bold, color and arrangement.


What the fuck are you even talking about.

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Sat May 07, 2016 9:42 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: IfElseCube
Rank: Operator
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 237
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
urzaserra256 wrote:
The mission text isnt so much the amount is its just all a big wall, all other mmos have nicely formated and sectioned quest/mission descriptions with good use of font sizes, bold, color and arrangement.


That requires effort :lol:

_________________
TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |


Sat May 07, 2016 9:51 pm
Profile
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Rank: Councilor
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:24 pm
Posts: 531
Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
I can write up a more detailed guide if you guys want, but its pretty simply.

I'll give you the workflow for the girder line:
1)Extract metals
2)Use "Steel Foundry" to convert Metals to Steel Girders
3)Optional: Upgrade Steel Girders to Titanium Reinforced Girders or higher
4)Sell Girders to ai bases in wild space

There are some intricacies with different ai base types consuming different genres of commods in different amounts (matching their graphic) but the core system is pretty straightforward.

_________________
Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.


Sat May 07, 2016 9:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.