Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
urzaserra256 wrote:
The mission text isnt so much the amount is its just all a big wall, all other mmos have nicely formated and sectioned quest/mission descriptions with good use of font sizes, bold, color and arrangement.

Other games use a mission window almost the size of your computer screen. They don't expect you to be reading and accepting missions in the heat of battle with the Kraken and the Naga. Instead, they expect you to be docked up someone nice and safe to crowd out every other window on your game screen so you can read the witty banter, understand the tasks laid before you, and envision the rewards listed.

The formatting normal people use is a given, too. It's like no one here at SS uses anything like Open Office, Google Drive, or MS Word. The formatting looks like straight out of Notepad.txt. I can't even fathom the idea that this is the preferred formatting of choice. How are ANY of SS staff even in or graduated from any college. You do that in any college, public, private, or online ... and they will fail your every paper.

I don't fucking get it.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:57 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

SI wrote:
I can write up a more detailed guide if you guys want, but its pretty simply.

I'll give you the workflow for the girder line:
1)Extract metals
2)Use "Steel Foundry" to convert Metals to Steel Girders
3)Optional: Upgrade Steel Girders to Titanium Reinforced Girders or higher
4)Sell Girders to ai bases in wild space

There are some intricacies with different ai base types consuming different genres of commods in different amounts (matching their graphic) but the core system is pretty straightforward.

How many metals would a normal AI base consume in 24 hours? Is the decay rate based on the incoming metals? Or is it a flat amount per hour? How much credits is normal for just metals?

Sat May 07, 2016 9:59 pm

SI wrote:
I can write up a more detailed guide if you guys want, but its pretty simple.

Honestly, I don't think the playerbase is actually complaining about any perceived complication. I know the playerbase is complaining about lack of documentation. That, is the issue with new concepts and mechanics. No one tells anyone what it is unless you get up on the soapbox and hound their ass off. The development team wouldn't even bother with patch notes if they could get away with it. Jey/Vert/Gophers has said it time and time again they have to go chasing people for patch notes when half the patch is completely undocumented at times.

Also, Lemon beats the snot out of stuff like this. Go #Lemons

Sat May 07, 2016 10:04 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

ELITE wrote:
SI wrote:
I can write up a more detailed guide if you guys want, but its pretty simply.

I'll give you the workflow for the girder line:
1)Extract metals
2)Use "Steel Foundry" to convert Metals to Steel Girders
3)Optional: Upgrade Steel Girders to Titanium Reinforced Girders or higher
4)Sell Girders to ai bases in wild space

There are some intricacies with different ai base types consuming different genres of commods in different amounts (matching their graphic) but the core system is pretty straightforward.

How many metals would a normal AI base consume in 24 hours? Is the decay rate based on the incoming metals? Or is it a flat amount per hour? How much credits is normal for just metals?

Girders are 1k metals each, and should sell for 20k on average though you can get 38k for them right now while all the bases are empty. Decay rate is flat right now, though that could change. It varies per base, but Steel Girder will decay 150k per day on average per base (so 150mil metals worth per day, each base consuming them is meant to support multiple gals of production).

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Our average galaxies last few unis have had 300m+ mets per day, taking only the loads sources into account. My personal best was 800m a day last uni from 1 galaxy. 150m mets a day is nothing.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Blog is up explaining the industrial commods system.
http://www.starsonata.com/blog/industri ... roduction/

Sat May 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

ELITE wrote:
Our average galaxies last few unis have had 300m+ mets per day, taking only the loads sources into account. My personal best was 800m a day last uni from 1 galaxy. 150m mets a day is nothing.

Thats 150m mets for just the Girders. By upgrading to the Titanium Reinforced Girders it'll eat up another 150m mets worth, Laconia Reinforced Girders will soak up another 150m mets worth, and Adamantium Reinforced Girders eat up another 150m mets worth.

Additionally, you'll be able to extract more than just metals for profit, so it would be a good idea to extract commods depending on the nearby ai bases.

Higher tiers will have different profit margins due to the additional commods that have a player-market value attached to them, but that is part of the "easy to get into, but higher skill cap" vs extension Ys that we wanted.

And in the end, if the numbers don't work out, we will be monitoring them and tweak them.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Sat May 07, 2016 11:29 pm

SI wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Thats 150m mets for just the Girders. By upgrading to the Titanium Reinforced Girders it'll eat up another 150m mets worth, Laconia Reinforced Girders will soak up another 150m mets worth, and Adamantium Reinforced Girders eat up another 150m mets worth.

Additionally, you'll be able to extract more than just metals for profit, so it would be a good idea to extract commods depending on the nearby ai bases.

Higher tiers will have different profit margins due to the additional commods that have a player-market value attached to them, but that is part of the "easy to get into, but higher skill cap" vs extension Ys that we wanted.

And in the end, if the numbers don't work out, we will be monitoring them and tweak them.

Quote:
Four months late, but better than nothing.

So here's my understanding:

AI bases always buy the tier 0 commods, as in they show up in the trade bays.

The only one of those 7 commods that actually decays is the set that the ai base rolled.

So if my base buys the higher tier Steel Girders, only the Steel Girders will ever be consumed, and the other 6 tier 0 commods will just fill up to the first cap and never decay.

End understanding.

Why the fuck do they buy the other 6 tier 0's at all? Why not just buy the theme that the ai base rolled and get rid of the others? Seems entirely pointless lol.

My response from the other topic.

So using Steel Girders as the example again, 100-200k is 100-200m metals, the next stage takes 20 of each of those. I'm not sure how many of the tier 2's we can sell per day but if its any amount more than like 1000, that's too many metals. I need more information to keep thinking about this lol.

Sat May 07, 2016 11:40 pm
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Protip: Just join Traders pre-patch to learn about upcoming changes that your director made, and how to best deploy your team to reap the benefits at uni reset.

Don't forget to then call everyone else salty because they aren't pro like you.

Sun May 08, 2016 2:09 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Zeuss wrote:
Protip: Just join Traders pre-patch to learn about upcoming changes that your director made, and how to best deploy your team to reap the benefits at uni reset.

Don't forget to then call everyone else salty because they aren't pro like you.

I'm always Salty. :D

Sun May 08, 2016 2:48 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Zeuss wrote:
how to best deploy your team to reap the benefits at uni reset.

lol what

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun May 08, 2016 8:58 am

anilv wrote:
Zeuss wrote:
how to best deploy your team to reap the benefits at uni reset.

lol what

I honestly doubt that was the case, FG. No one can be that stupid to openly abuse any potential dev knowledge with his team because there are in fact people in Traders that would take severe offense to the idea their director is using any secret knowledge to better them.

I figure DS recognized that some drones didn't decay on reset as they should have, recognized even if the admins called him out on it, the admins would not so much slap his wrists for that move, and deployed them anyways.

Assuming DS was ever punished, assuming an admin took the time to actually punish him ... it won't be that severe. So he deployed them anyways knowing none of the admins have the balls to go the distance and make sure he regrets abusing any bug.

Sun May 08, 2016 9:30 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

just raise a ticket = arse covered

Mon May 09, 2016 1:23 pm
Profile WWW