Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Post Re: A few things you've already heard before
Because most content is balanced around the end game players and in order to compete with that you need to be at their level.

I can't compete with the DPS a Sniper with a Burst or Clench is dishing out, but I also can't afford to pay 1 trillion credits for a burst and they're not exactly the most common drop in PPS, so they are still in high demand.

I also don't sub multiple accounts to power through shit, so I am again at a disadvantage to the majority of the playerbase there.

Sun May 22, 2016 11:30 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

ELITE wrote:
Dude like 2 characters worth of t16 junkyards will kill pvb squads. Or if you want to go true budget, fucking t12 golden kits shit on players. Lol.

13 doesn't PVB, is my point. He straight up BVBs. And he BVBs anything that doesn't look half-competent. All the teams he specifically avoids BVBing have shown that they actually give a fuck about building and aren't throwing random Junkyard kits around.

Sun May 22, 2016 11:35 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

It's true that high endgame character costs way more than 1t+. But then again, there are cheap and powerful setups for all classes. Even if we take a look at sniper - what is considered one of the most expensive classes - it's affordable to build a setup to be useful for your team. Wattage sniper MFing with two Mad Thoraxes will put up respectable amount of dps to be useful at high endgame runs.

Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Antilzah wrote:
It's true that high endgame character costs way more than 1t+. But then again, there are cheap and powerful setups for all classes. Even if we take a look at sniper - what is considered one of the most expensive classes - it's affordable to build a setup to be useful for your team. Wattage sniper MFing with two Mad Thoraxes will put up respectable amount of dps to be useful at high endgame runs.

It's not so much a required cost though. We tend to blow money going for perfect mods, extreme imp/bar skills, etc. We want to squeeze out the last few % points from our endgame setups, and that costs hilariously more money than the basic setups that carried us to this stage.

3 ShM Mast Rhinos carried us through Olympus, along with 2 CaL/Zerk Mast Lions and 3 CaL Absentis's/2 CaL Cerberus Wattages.

We've gone through a ton of really good budget setup evolutions over the years, I'd argue that the problem is a new player has no way of learning these budget setups without being in contact with a high level player or someone who has knowledge.

Mon May 23, 2016 8:53 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

If your a chebzor before a game wipe you'd be a chebzor after too

Mon May 23, 2016 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

jack the ripper wrote:
I read one sentence. Why do you have to compete with other players to play the game? if you really enjoyed wild space that much, you wouldnt be a twat and you would adapt. so you enjoy the other aspects, which has nothing to do with your power compared to others. so fuck off and play the game

Well if you read a bit more, you'd see his bases were killed by Starbawls. So i'm guessing, the competing is not by his choice?

Also, the hyperinflation problem is also not by his choice?

Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 am

Granted, back then, bases were hell of weak. Could kill 20 T20 bases with 4 attacking kits. Zephyr had two instances of a single kit killing off 18+ defending bases T16 Dem Kits+/T18+.

The excuse now for getting in that same position is:

->Someone intentionally annoyed the big teams. EF, RE, RF, and TR.

->Someone deliberately being impolite to 13/heavy. PVP is not BVB/PVB.

->Someone deliberately skimping on the defenses because they think neutrality is best defenses. Not using Topbuzz Strategy.

->Not joining/merging into a bigger team because your identity is too important to lose.

Mon May 23, 2016 2:34 pm
Main: Renaissance
Level: 0

I'd certainly start playing again if it was reset entirely. Should definitely coincide with steam release though.

If you fixed the numerous but base problems, reset the game to rid crippling economic/power disparities, and in concurrency with a steam release I think the game could genuinely be one of the best I know again with an active, fluid and ever increasing player base.

Wed May 25, 2016 2:55 pm

WillPower wrote:
I'd certainly start playing again if it was reset entirely. Should definitely coincide with steam release though.

If you fixed the numerous but base problems, reset the game to rid crippling economic/power disparities, and in concurrency with a steam release I think the game could genuinely be one of the best I know again with an active, fluid and ever increasing player base.

The game isn't currently designed to work without the years of income/built up commods and credits. Have you seen the costs of some of the PPS bps? Or even considered how hard it to would be to get back into t20 UZ ships on a fresh start, much less build Oly/T22 ships.

I'm not saying a wipe wouldn't help, but we need to fix the core game way before we consider deleting everyone's years and years of work and investment into their characters.

My seasonal universes suggestion is a way to get that new start feel while also giving the devs a "testing ground" of sorts to iron out the core game issues, while also giving all the old players and new players an even start to compete and learn, and abuse their knowledge of how the game works to get rewards in those seasons. I think it would do well on Steam. Racing/Seasons are pretty huge in most MMOs, we would do well to take on a bit more current way of doing content.

Wed May 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Spam Fleet Commanders with Paximinus bot swarms to level and progress. Upgrade to Porpoises as you get RC18. Add wild bots as needed. Use minor support for Engineers, Gunners, and Shield Monkeys to power the FCs along through T20 bosses. Level characters to 2500 in Meaver DGs. Use them to establish heavy industry and kick out massive amounts of resources and money through extraction, prospecting, and IC. Use Leviathan slaves. Easy peasy.

Take a bit of time, but I'd be willing to bet within 6 months, veterans can be brushing into T22/PPS. So, a universe and a half?

Wed May 25, 2016 5:16 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

ELITE wrote:
WillPower wrote:

The game isn't currently designed to work without the years of income/built up commods and credits. Have you seen the costs of some of the PPS bps? Or even considered how hard it to would be to get back into t20 UZ ships on a fresh start, much less build Oly/T22 ships. Industrial Commodities. Holy shit industrial commodities. Wouldn't be anywhere near as hard as it used to be at all. AT ALL. Plus Free Market sells Adamantium and other places have rare materials and such you can straight up buy.

I'm not saying a wipe wouldn't help, but we need to fix the core game way before we consider deleting everyone's years and years of work and investment into their characters. Lol, some of those fixes are mitigated or even outright circumvented/ignored by the "years and years of work". Honestly I would say that wiping peoples work sucks, so I can't really comment on how good or bad that would be.

My seasonal universes suggestion is a way to get that new start feel while also giving the devs a "testing ground" of sorts to iron out the core game issues, while also giving all the old players and new players an even start to compete and learn, and abuse their knowledge of how the game works to get rewards in those seasons. I think it would do well on Steam. Racing/Seasons are pretty huge in most MMOs, we would do well to take on a bit more current way of doing content. Full agreement here.

Wed May 25, 2016 5:51 pm

I really like Industrial Commods, I just wish there was ingame tutorials/information about them and they were slightly less profitable lol.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm
Contributor

ELITE wrote:
I really like Industrial Commods, I just wish there was ingame tutorials/information about them and they were slightly less profitable lol.

Yup. Yup. We're totally halfassing them atm and we're pulling in about 10bil a day. Actually worse than half assing them.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:31 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Yup. Yup. We're totally halfassing them atm and we're pulling in about 10bil a day. Actually worse than half assing them.

I'm half assing and pulling 30b a day.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:34 pm
Contributor

Ergo we're worse than halfassing.

Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next