Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: A few things you've already heard before
MasterTrader wrote:
Ergo we're worse than halfassing.

If I full-assed, which I doubt I will because why who needs credits anyways, I could probably pull 50-100b a day abusing a few more ai bases for their lunch money. With only 2 galaxies extracting commods.

Wed May 25, 2016 11:29 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

ELITE wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
Ergo we're worse than halfassing.

If I full-assed, which I doubt I will because why who needs credits anyways, I could probably pull 50-100b a day abusing a few more ai bases for their lunch money. With only 2 galaxies extracting commods.

So potentially, RF could be seeing a trillion a day for their whole turf?

Wed May 25, 2016 11:43 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I think its possible to pull almost 30-40bil from a single AI base a day in the best case scenario. So if you have 33 AI bases you're taking advantage of then yeah, I can see that.

Thu May 26, 2016 12:04 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Yea it's not so much the space, it's the number of ai bases you feed.

Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I'm sure admins are keeping a close eye on the money supply growth graph to see if
This needs tweaking down.... Right?!?!

Thu May 26, 2016 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

sabre198 wrote:
I'm sure admins are keeping a close eye on the money supply growth graph to see if
This needs tweaking down.... Right?!?!

Yes, indeed we are. As stated when we originally announced the Industrial Commodities system, we fully expected that it would need some balancing after going live. The game's economy is just much too complex to fully model without a proper beta test. For your information, here are a few things we are going to be looking at this week.

• Investigate non-linear consumption curves to no longer incentivize players to keep AI bases running on empty

• Look over sales data to get some numbers on total player participation in the system

• Rebalance pricing where necessary

I will be working with SI, Morat, Auxilium, and possibly others on the team to make sure this revision phase is carried out correctly and efficiently. I'm looking forward to sharing the results soon.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu May 26, 2016 2:08 am
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

I am guessing Traders and their leadership will get to keep all profits made from the Industrial commodities that should've been tested before putting it to live though, right?

Thu May 26, 2016 6:11 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Zeuss wrote:
I am guessing Traders and their leadership will get to keep all profits made from the Industrial commodities that should've been tested before putting it to live though, right?

Dude come on. There was quite good information about industrial commodity system before it went live. Stop making up excuses.

You're also talking as if Traders was the only team taking advantage of the new system.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:10 am

There was no information, I am not sure where you got yours from but it wasn't until a few days post-reset that we actually got any info at all. There was even a post about it...

Traders aren't the only ones taking advantage of it, but they were the most knowledgeable on the subject since 6 of their team members are devs and two of them were directly responsible for the implementation.

That is valuable information in a game where we withhold stats from ships from other players to keep a competitive edge.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:55 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

http://www.starsonata.com/blog/industri ... es-system/

This was in February.

Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 am

And this:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61871

With the expanded dev note which actually explains the commodities and their relating bases came out after the reset.

Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 am
Contributor
Main: Morat
Level: 0

The patch notes here were posted at the same time as the reset happened: http://www.starsonata.com/news/new-universe-patch-may-7-2016/
Included some very basic information about where to look for the factories, and that the AI bases would exist in wild space.

This dev. blog : http://www.starsonata.com/blog/industrial-commodity-introduction/
Was posted several hours post-reset, and I was online around the time to answer some questions in All chat about it.

I apologise that the information was not posted sooner, that is of course the wrong side of the reset.

I hope it did not affect anyone's base deployment & reset plans too much.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:07 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Even a Chong Lord like smok could figure it out you don't need detailed notes.
Game is 50% devs get over it, we are where we are.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I do have to agree with the dev team being a lot more transparent then it currently is. To many volunteer devs in game. A player is bound to use some information for advantage eventually, it's human nature and untracable.

We wouldn't want to discourage the volunteers though, but I see no harm in all devs saying there in game character is.

OR Jeff could actually hire some professionals. If he can't, perhaps sell the game to someone who can...

Thu May 26, 2016 10:28 am
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

carterstrain wrote:
ELITE wrote:
Dude like 2 characters worth of t16 junkyards will kill pvb squads. Or if you want to go true budget, fucking t12 golden kits shit on players. Lol.

13 doesn't PVB, is my point. He straight up BVBs. And he BVBs anything that doesn't look half-competent. All the teams he specifically avoids BVBing have shown that they actually give a fuck about building and aren't throwing random Junkyard kits around.

Finally read this, just wanna point out that I think twice 13 has tried to PvB SRX, once a bit before Pala joined I think, and recently when he tried to take Alamak, the first thing he did was PvB with Heavy.
You never cease to amaze us with how little you seem to know.

Sun May 29, 2016 11:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next