Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Mac and Star Sonata?
Ouch, Communists and Mac. Scoundrel had to deal with Communists, but at least he had Windows.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:05 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

WillPower wrote:
Welp, rip SS. I'm currently living in Beijing and I'm not sure I can do anything about booting over Windows. I'll look into it, I guess. I'd just like to play a bit before/during steam release.

Why not? Can pick up a copy over there I'm sure. It can be pretty handy to have a Windows partition on your mac.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:07 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

anilv wrote:
WillPower wrote:
Welp, rip SS. I'm currently living in Beijing and I'm not sure I can do anything about booting over Windows. I'll look into it, I guess. I'd just like to play a bit before/during steam release.

Why not? Can pick up a copy over there I'm sure. It can be pretty handy to have a Windows partition on your mac.

you could always grab a free iso directly from microsoft and just use it in demo mode (dont enter a license), after 30 days its gonna nag you but you can still use it for about 6 months before it need to be reinstalled.

And yea, on the mac side, there is nothing we can do about supporting the intel gpu. It would work, if apple used the more recent version of the opensource driver, but they dont and they restrict drivers on mac os so you cant even use it if you chose to. The bug is identical on linux with intel gpu and the older driver (altho that broken driver isnt part of recent distros), but at least on linux you can always compile and install the newest driver and the problem vanish.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:45 pm
Main: Renaissance
Level: 0

Thank you for the above information! Just to bump this - as I'm not sure if you'll want to update the Mac and Linux guide in anticipation for steam launch, so that new players aren't deterred too heavily if they're running these systems. Perhaps even make a point of this on the steam website and state that you're mac compatible following some set guidelines.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:49 am