Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: ShadowPony
Level: 2460

Post Re: Dev flood
Ok I am gonna post in this thread concerning the nexus as I lvl up my new char. I can tell you this right of the bat, the volcom outpost is waaay OP for a new player. One way to solve things in the nexus in an easy (lazy) way would be to give all players below lvl 21 an aura in the nexus. The aura should give something like +25% to shield reg and energy reg.

Will post more junk later.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm

The flyswatter missions or whatever they are called are waaaaaaaay to hard for a new player. You seriously have to kite these perefectly in order to kill them due to your lack of energy and shields.

On a different note the cadete catapult has to low range and tracking to be useful to a newbie. I find myself using the ionCannon for most things still at lvl 15.

A lot of these issues are due to an old misstake made by the devs concerning the cost of skills you are currently way underpowered compared to the AI when it comes to gear at a certain lvl. This does not matter much as you progress beyond nexus but there was a point to the old system where the lower lvls in skills were much cheaper.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:32 pm

Oh! A very important thing to put into the tutorial is how to zoom in and out. At first i could barely see my ship.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Ok the whole thing with the skills jumping around when you train them has to go. It is soooo confusing for a new person when you cant double click and get two lvls in the same skill but instead you end up with a lvl in one you did not intend to get.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Well lvl 20 and it was not horrible. The mission rewards boost ya well so you dont have to spend to much time in there. Still I would have prefered some basic functions Before fighting like zooming in and out.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:27 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Acknowledged.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:19 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

barium5 wrote:
Ok the whole thing with the skills jumping around when you train them has to go. It is soooo confusing for a new person when you cant double click and get two lvls in the same skill but instead you end up with a lvl in one you did not intend to get.

That's from the list of skills being defaulted to being sorted by level instead of name?

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

JeffL wrote:
barium5 wrote:

That's from the list of skills being defaulted to being sorted by level instead of name?

Yup, that's it. Annoying as hell.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:41 pm