Would you still play SS if all accounts were reset?
Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 am
Yes 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
Only if everything is fixed 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 48

Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

Post Re: Would You Still Play SS If Resets Happen?
Well with those answers. I think one of the obvious things to NOT do is to reset the player base.

So devs... if you were even considering it... please. Don't consider it anymore.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Honest answer? No. I would not play anymore.

But that doesn't mean that this isn't exactly what the game needs. I am playing WoW at the moment too and on a low pop server I see at least 10 others leveling in every zone I visit every 30 minutes. SS doesn't have that, because SS allows for too much player influence over the game world. In WoW you have raid/PvP geared veterans whom it is completely possible to catch up with. In SS you have Titans who have built up decades worth of resources in just a couple of years by riding the waves of a few bugs. You can't catch those players, and that is why SS doesn't retain new players well. How long would you stay at a game that comes with the preface of "You will never be competitive."

Therefore, I wouldn't play anymore. But if I am replaced by 10 more paying customers, then me quitting doesn't matter.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:42 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Resetting would let us do some cool things; like making all all T22 stuff T20, all T21 stuff T19, all T20 stuff T18 and pushing the other stuff down/spreading stuff out a bit.

This'd have a nice advantage that 20 would be the end game, and we can spend our time just adding new stuff lower down to flesh out the game.

We'd also be able to fix things like Prawn and Hephaestus Machine without people who have them QQing that they now only have three augmenter slots, as well as the Bursts and such.

It'd also let us fix stuff like colonies and such where people have amassed stupid amounts of credits (also, I like the word also).

However, it'd mean tossing aside a large portion of our current player base, and I doubt our current new players would be happy, never mind the old ones.

Maybe if we ever do C3/S2 (server 2, but unlikely, then again they're both unlikely) we can leave the current server running and disable new players joining, and just let the old ones slowly all quit while we have a new server with all new characters on it.

Support

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:36 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

It needs to happen eventually, before steamlaunch would be ideal were it ever to come :P

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iamswingarm
Level: 5447

I would maybe play SS again if it somehow incorporated Chutes and Ladders, mmmm fun!

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:05 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Blue Dwarf wrote:
players joining, and just let the old ones slowly all quit while we have a new server with all new characters on it.

That is so evil lmao :twisted:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:09 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Resetting would let us do some cool things; like making all all T22 stuff T20, all T21 stuff T19, all T20 stuff T18 and pushing the other stuff down/spreading stuff out a bit.

This'd have a nice advantage that 20 would be the end game, and we can spend our time just adding new stuff lower down to flesh out the game.

"us", "fix" , "cool", "nice", "just"...liez

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

Blue Dwarf wrote:

We'd also be able to fix things like Prawn and Hephaestus Machine without people who have them QQing that they now only have three augmenter slots, as well as the Bursts and such.

It'd also let us fix stuff like colonies and such where people have amassed stupid amounts of credits (also, I like the word also).

However, it'd mean tossing aside a large portion of our current player base, and I doubt our current new players would be happy, never mind the old ones.

Maybe if we ever do C3/S2 (server 2, but unlikely, then again they're both unlikely) we can leave the current server running and disable new players joining, and just let the old ones slowly all quit while we have a new server with all new characters on it.

I always feared this, that we are just space goats preparing the game for the normalfaggot gaming community.

Taking c1 from us was enough.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Space Goats! LMAO!

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:07 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Baaa

Support

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm
Main: Anticheese
Level: 23

I am absolutely for a reset. The limited resets already a part of the game allow for new configurations of the universe, and for players to build without stagnating. As for a general reset, it absolutely would not hurt the game one bit, especially if that meant exposing a much broader audience (Steam release) to a more even playing field where there is not a massive power disparity right out of the gate.

It also makes sense with the rework of skills.

Give starting fresh a chance. Everyone else will be.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:44 am
Main: iamswingarm
Level: 5447

I've been thinking on this, if I was still playing and this happened I probably would stay but if it happened now it would probably not be enough to make me come back.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:56 am