Would you still play SS if all accounts were reset?
Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 am
Yes 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
Only if everything is fixed 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 48

Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

Post Would You Still Play SS If Resets Happen?
There's been a lot of suggestions about resetting everyone back to the beginning back to level 0 for the Steam release as one way of fixing some of the major problems we have right now in SS when it comes to things like super players, old powerful teams, and an inflated economy.

Obviously things are being fixed up so that we're ready for the steam release. But, I'm just curious, and maybe everyone else is too, about how many people would actually like this and would continue to play or how many people would rather we keep things as they are and just keep patching up what needs to be fixing.

If such a thing were to happen, devs would definitely have to look into how to sort of ease the progress of a player through the techs. Of course, don't make it too easy. I liked earning what I have now after giving it a lot of effort and hard work.

Thoughts?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Would You Still Play SS If Resets Happen?
Only if everything is fixed and I get to keep my shiny Nyan's Reaver.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:13 am
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

As a developer and director of a team, I'd probably still have to, but of course I would prefer it if everything were fixed - no point in resetting if the same problems are still around eh?
It's very unlikely to happen, I personally think the seasonal universes idea of Lemon would do a much better job at appeasing both those who want a reset, and those who don't.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:50 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

In the past I would had said yes definately without a doubt. Now I will say most likely not. Biggest reason for not playing after a wipe is the same why I don't play the game anymore. I have played this game long enough to experience everything I think there is to experience. I would not see myself starting over from scratch simply because I value my time and I prefer to use it for other hobbies.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Just for clarification, we're just waiting for Steam. Steam is a Really Soon(tm), and it will happen. Patience. :)

As for resetting. I'm personally for it, but I think it would be a bad idea for the game. Especially as it is now.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:15 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Personally I would quit if all of my years of work was deleted.

As for the game itself, I think we could do something like starting new temp servers as competitions/testing grounds to work out long term game issues, while keeping the eternal server in all of its glory.

Plenty of games do this, I don't see why we can't once our playerbase gets larger. Competition in MMOs, fresh seasons every few months? Diablo, Path of Exile, League of Legends, many many more all use a similar model and I think it's time we get with the times.

Plus it'd be fucking awesome to start over with everyone else, racing to be that first person to kill Speedy G, to kill Bana with your group of Shrimps. The glory days.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 am
Main: Bad at Games
Level: 4250

ELITE wrote:
Personally I would quit if all of my years of work was deleted.

As for the game itself, I think we could do something like starting new temp servers as competitions/testing grounds to work out long term game issues, while keeping the eternal server in all of its glory.

Plenty of games do this, I don't see why we can't once our playerbase gets larger. Competition in MMOs, fresh seasons every few months? Diablo, Path of Exile, League of Legends, many many more all use a similar model and I think it's time we get with the times.

Plus it'd be fucking awesome to start over with everyone else, racing to be that first person to kill Speedy G, to kill Bana with your group of Shrimps. The glory days.

I agree with the sour one

We can code an exception for BaG. I'll let Jey know.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:49 am
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

I would quit playing this game if SS resets!

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:48 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

its always the lazy players who suggest this

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I wouldn't quite and neither would most of the people here claiming they would.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:17 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I'd probably quit :P thats a lot of time down the drain that I probably wouldnt reinvest into SS a second time

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:29 pm
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

No.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:33 pm
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

Let's put these ideas into practice and see how far things will go, this is how I see it.

In a scenario of a total game reset ,where everyone starts from zero, and everything previously attained is lost.. I would be against it, the amount of things achieved by the playerbase in the past years are huge. This collective progress is then lost unjustly and quitting the game will be the only option for many, since they literally spent an atrocious amount of hours playing the game.

The players honestly get attached to their characters and collection of items and so on, taking that away is almost considered heartless. (I have never heard of an MMO which completely wiped away everything and started from zero again, correct me if i'm wrong)

If it was an argument for the new players who just started and feel like they are incredibly outraced by those who played before them, then it is assumed that the endgame state is only where the fun happens in this game which is not the case in my humble opinion.

When I started playing, witnessing players at levels higher than 1000 was scary I was only at like lvl 50, but it gave me an image of what this game holds for me, and also gave me an incentive to keep playing and levelling and looking for the best items.

However, if it was an argument that the entire playerbase needs a refreshing startover, so that they can enjoy the jolly cooperation of doing ubers with limited equipment and items similar to how it was done back in the days.. I would only ask, what is stopping them from starting new characters and playing on them without depending on the progress of earlier ones?

You can at anytime go and decide with a few teammates to start a new team on new alts and do all that shite again for shits and giggles, this is very possible and it would not harm anybody.

There's also the argument about the current inflated economy of the game, I have been out of touch for a while so I can't really comment on this one.

All in all, it would be interesting to see a graph representation of the current active players and their levels, if the bell curve was leaning towards the high levels of the game more, then this could mean one of many things, most prominently that there aren't new players who are making their way up the ladder as there are players who climbed high enough to be referred to as "endgame".

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:42 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
kilua wrote:
I would only ask, what is stopping them from starting new characters and playing on them without depending on the progress of earlier ones?

You can at anytime go and decide with a few teammates to start a new team on new alts and do all that shite again for shits and giggles, this is very possible and it would not harm anybody.

The fact that high-end teams absolutely love stomping on any bases they deem inferior? You can't just start up a new team and expect to get anywhere without bases, since they're the majority income provider (colonies). New players (or characters) aren't going to have a chance of defending themselves against spreadsheets.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:26 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
kilua wrote:
I would only ask, what is stopping them from starting new characters and playing on them without depending on the progress of earlier ones?

The fact that high-end teams absolutely love stomping on any bases they deem inferior? You can't just start up a new team and expect to get anywhere without bases, since they're the majority income provider (colonies). New players (or characters) aren't going to have a chance of defending themselves against spreadsheets.

Speaking for myself and RF, we have stopped aggressions on noobshit teams until the game grows big enough to sustain the losses to the playerbase.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:44 pm