Main: Buggy123
Level: 5141

Post Re: What do you think about Class Super Items?
Yeah, the engineer capacitor device is pretty meh. 90% of endgame engis use a regen setup instead of a bank setup anywho.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:46 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

SD microwarper/grav dis devices haven't worked since they were put in.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:47 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Berserker Engagement Devices have infinite range on the pull effect.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

They're all pretty much worthless except the FC Amp and both ShM ones.

The blind device is sort-of okay but it really is rather tragic, not to mention slightly bugged. It's supposed to give a % increase to radar but whoever designed it cocked up as it gives a solid +1. Am I the only one who thinks that drone should give the traditional percentage bonuses instead of straight up +1000 extra damage? It'd be a bit more practical for starters.

The Flak & Ricochet devices are an even bigger joke. I personally think they should be completely redesigned & made into a different item, another Blind Device if it comes to it.

And then we have the most overpowered super items, the Seer Super Bug & Plague devices. Jokes aside, these also need serious reform. I don't know what the developer who made these was thinking when he decided to create a superitem with a parasite that does next to no damage what so ever, but it's okay because if you add all the damage up it equals to over 10,000 because balance.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:11 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Greetings...

FC Super Items:

Dirty Bombs: Supposed to be an Area of Effect High damage Radiation "Blast". Course, you wouldn't know that reading the description... There's 2 of them, Normal and Amplified. But that's about all the details you'll ever know reading the descriptions...

What they actually do - Take as long as a transwarp and about as much energy sucking goodness as an EDVAC - Gives you one annoyingly delayed blast (seemingly purposefully designed to MAKE sure you miss) with max range of FIFTY - Yes you heard me correctly - Range - 50. My ship is 3 - 5 times that length - so my question has always been - 50 from what? That little dot that I have to click on just right that means the difference between follow me, and sit here to my slaves? Or is it the little spot near my nose that my lasers all seem to come from? I really cant tell, because there doesn't seem to be anything that actually shows that it actually got used - other than the distinct drop in energy and recharge...

In my nearly 4k lvl career Ive managed to confirm exactly 1 kill using either of the FC Dirty Bomb devices - Remember those disabled slowly spinning freighters in the pirate side of nexus? took 20 minutes (3 tries, yeah 10 minutes sitting there waiting for it to recharge each shot) finally managed to get right on top of the darn thing, centered JUST right. I even used the smallest roundest ship I had - A warden, trying to find that range 50 sweet spot..
Stick one on a slave - and oops - instant energy sucking uselessness.

Field Amps :
They seem to work as advertised. Though as a FC that uses them daily - I'm still a bit fuzzy on the actual mechanics - Like why I have to use an advanced skill just to get it to work on ALL my slaves? Apparently More Dev-Revenge. Maybe it's just sour grapes, but do other classes have to use an advanced class skill to get their super items to work?

Fighter Recalls :
Seem to work as advertised - Only difference between the regular and the t22 Amped - is a negligible recharge time. Slaves won't use them, and neither recalls fighters launched by slaves. Limited Usefulness. More of an Anti-Annoyance device rather than a useful item...

Also - Why is this an FC only super item? Any Class can launch fighters, Fighter Recall should be an SOP Keyboard Command (perhaps B) available to anyone, Not an item...

Honestly, I can't see any fix for the Dirty Bombs, the way they currently work - I mean all it's gunna result in is yet another class rebalance Nerf to FC's - Only result I can see IF they are fixed to be even moderately useful - Is arming them up on swarms of Helga's - Dirty bombing everything repeatably. Isn't that why they were useless to begin with?

Last edited by Zalistar on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:31 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Greetings...

I can see two Fixes for the FC Super Items Dirty Bombs;
1: is to make them no more useful than any other similar weapon super item. NON-AoE, Bullet-like (ala Torpedo Barrage) using Radiation damage. In this case, basically all it does is give, like all similar devices - just another perceived weapon slot. But it would have to be useful - If it's just another thing that never hits, and never gets used more than once in a typical pve battle and takes up so much space that's its never going to even get loaded - then why bother...

2: A Drone/missile Ammo Generator, that issues either a Radiation Drone (ala Pest Drone)[if you want to limit it to player ship] , or Radiation Missile (Preffered!) [if you don't!]. Recommended techs 5,17,20 if missile gen, 5,10,15 if drone gen.

You know what would be wicked cool - A Drone generator that like a pest Drone - You can "Skate" - Move fast, release it, and it "skates" slowly loosing speed - which has say a 10 second Fuse - then Explodes into an area of effect weapon - Spectacularly - You know like an Actual Dirty Bomb.... The FC Holy Hand grenade!

I can see FC's using Enfo class ships to great effect because of their radiation immunity...

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:03 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Buff the damage to the thunder drone, both explosion and laser deal next to no damage.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:59 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

The idea of the class super items should be to help the class to help survive like the shm hospital. The shm super items are all good, I use the inversion on my slaves.

The sniper's blind seems to be useful.
For the sniper some useful superitems would be short time granting of range or elec through a drone hmm maybe a nice boost to radar for pvp...

Berserkers shield redistribution is pretty good, with the adv skill even better.
the others are more meeh. If the Enraged Reactive Hull Explosion would tractor your enemies for tha amount of time towards u and a tat more range it might get useful.

FC only the field amp makes sense. Amplified fighter recall is usefull.
A superitem that cleanses your enemies parasite would be nice with a good amount of rad damage, so slaves don't kill the enemy when u r trying to cap it.

Gunner well needs more love... a lot more love. Superitem that gives missiles more range/ speed for a short time, something like the shield redistribution of berserkers with missile damage or only weapon damage....
Gunner really needs a nice aura for his slaves... the only class that does not have an aura gen... like thrust / turn / missile range or give the slaves splash damage or jumping weapon ability

Engineer the healing drone is nice and the thunder drones elec ability.
maybe a superitem that fills up the elec bak of your drones.. or shield bank.. or 1 that will scoop all your drones at once,, like warps them into your ship..

But yeah the wikipage for the class supeitems need to be filled with the info of what the superitems actually do,,

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:21 pm