Main: Nightsky
Level: 263

Post Uhhm... how can i log in?
Image Help... i don't know what that means... well i do know it means my "subscription ran out" but how do i fix this? would love to play again. :?

regards ~

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:38 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Uhhm... how can i log in?
to the topright of your screen when you read this it'll show you name. If you hover over it with you mouse or click it, you get a little menu. Click "Subscription" to set up a payment. Once you've set up a payment you can log into the game again :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:55 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Basically you went pay to play at some point, and that means you can't play on that account unless it is subbed.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:04 am

So this does mean i HAVE to pay up? Or do i just have to pay up once and get out of the premium sectors? Because i subbed with credits.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:10 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

You have to pay in order to play on that account, once you go Pay to Play you can no longer play on that account without subscribing.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Question: How does that make any sense? And an even better question is why isn't that noted on the subscription page? I mean in all seriousness, out of all games that i played so far star sonata just showed me today it can go worse with bad mechanics. (sorry to point that out)

Geez... then i can uninstall star sonata again, great, saved space on my hard drive.

I hope you understand why i am so raged right now... it just isn't fair to let players support the game once and then force them to pay even more. That's why i avoid subscribe to play games usually, that's why EVE-Online never made it into my steam account... Pay once then never again and things are fine, but no, let's hide this message to "force" players to buy another subscription.

Last edited by Nightsky on Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:21 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

You raise a very good point. For right now, I'd suggest you starting another account if you don't want to pay for the subscription at the present time.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Apparently i would like to support the game... However, not on the way it is currently expecting me to. As example i would love to spend like 30€ and get something great, in that case subscription is the only thing at the moment that is worth it for me. I understand the point behind subscription: You can go above your maximum free level, you can have more super weapons equipped and more, and i'm pretty sure you are just trying to prevent players to pay once and then never again because they have everything they need, but there are more ways to do so instead of locking the account behind a payment wall. As example you can give the player the regular 19 levels with a 22 (?) behind to show this player regularly is level 22 but has no premium atm, you can gray out the super weapons which are to much so you can pretty much restrict them from using it. There are many ways, you just have to use them.

A second thing i would love to suggest is a simple "Pay once and done" mechanic. The thing is to play this game on it's full potential you pretty much have to pay up 80€ a year. This can be very much or just peanuts depending on the money someone has freely available. And really, not everyone loves to see such high pricing numbers, especially if it means like "only play a small percentage of what the game offers you when you are free". As a free player we have one galaxy free to enter (Nexus aside) A bit low for my own consideration, and i play many games. Sure, we have nearly 200 or 300 maps in one galaxy, this sure is insane but not really much if you compare it with what the game actually offers you... nearly every map is the same with the exception of enemies you find there.

At end, just think about giving the game a small rework... i enjoyed playing it so far and i don't want it to get ruined, it's enough that many games ruined theirself this year already that i loved to play.

regards ~

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:59 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Hello,

We have actually been discussing various ways a "subscription-lapse" model could be implemented to allow players such as yourself to continue using an account that had a paid subscription in the past but is currently not premium. I'm sharing this information so that you know that we do appreciate your concerns, but it has no ETA on it at this time so please don't expect any such change to roll out in the immediate future.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:06 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I'm surprised nobody on your team told you this when you subbed

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Chalfonts 1
Level: 5380

sabre198 wrote:
I'm surprised nobody on your team told you this when you subbed

didnt ask or didnt say?

or nobody got that he was under the impression that subbing was a one off thing

Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:07 am

wont take him long to whip up another f2p then, he doesnt seem serious about playing if he didnt see enough to continue his sub on

Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:54 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
wont take him long to whip up another f2p then, he doesnt seem serious about playing if he didnt see enough to continue his sub on

This barely makes sense. They are not supposed to tell me that, the SITE is supposed to. Again, if the site would have told me how the subscription works i would not have bought it... yet. I don't see a reason that makes you think that i barely care about the game. Maybe because you paid for subscription and think now "ahh yeah, i'm better than those who don't"... dunno.

And it doesn't matter how you turn it: When someone pays for a game then because he cares about it, i wouldn't spend a money on something i don't really care about.. I'll wait for some updates in the future, playing up a new account on f2p state. When the pay2play things receives a rework to like "39.99$ for unlocking the full game" (and still 39.99$ is a respectable amount of money if you ask me).

I personally see payments in any way as a support as they are also supposed to be.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:59 pm

I gather you dont care about the game because you dont keep your sub up,

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:44 am
Profile WWW

Well i do care about the game, and i even would extend my subscription at some point, but i can't at the moment.

Not spending money doesn't mean one doesn't care about a game. The interest into a game has many faces. One supports with money, another one helps newbies quite a lot, again a different person would be very active in the forums. Money is just a minor part of what makes games interesting for me and many others. That's why i never judge players based on their money spent, but on their activity and participation in the game.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:10 am