Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: ss is dead
A lot of people quit because the game has been at a stand still for years. Minor progression, lack of patches, lack of communication from Jeff and the actual paid devs, shady volunteer dev activity. Plus with no form of advertisement we have a whole lot more people leaving then coming in, so of course its going to feel a bit empty.

Sure tons of people have quit because of losing assets and getting wrecked in pvp, but thats more of a power gap issue then anything else imo.

The game is for sure headed in the right direction though, with the class rescalling and people working on making pre end game more fun i think in a year or so well be in a position where advertising will not only bring players in but make them stay longer then 2 hours. I really dont think steam will be the answer, like most of you guys think. At least not yet. This game is boring as shit and ugly as hell tech 0-19.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:21 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4887

I don't see Steam being the answer either, but Steam is definitely a step towards the answer in my opinion.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

MasterTrader wrote:
http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?p=752733#p752733

Makka wrote:
I'm certainly not aware of any such offer. Perhaps, as is said later in the thread, it is assumed that I, like anyone else, naturally would be online when shit like this happens. So bullshit.

My bases? Yep, generally just one dem t20 for stm, then supporting t18 hps. Most of my kits were t16. It was what I could afford to do. Considering it was the first time I had built since the Traders/SP debacle, (which I still consider an exploit, t21/22 players just overpowering & capping t20 bases), so I started with no base gear and thought I was getting there. But I have always been very aware of not putting anything on a base you can't afford to lose. but I've just started from scratch. To have it happen again means I'm pissed off and yes, rage-quitting.

If someone doesn't understand why I'm quitting, well fuck you. I can name a shitload of people that this has happened to at various stages through my playing time and each and every time it's because someone is making it harder to play.

It's not the endgame players that need to be catered for, it's the newbies and midgame players. That's where the dollars are for game development and ongoing improvements. Many people simply don't want to go on to become emp, or do Oly, or the Avesaka thingies that I've never got around to doing. I'm trying to constructively criticise here and a lot of what I see is self justification from some of the main offenders. It's not Jeff, advertising and lack of content that's killing the game, it's them alienating the low/midrange player base through bullying tactics, no matter how they try and justify it. Until that gets sorted the game is spiralling downhill.

Yeah he should have built better, but that's not the point. You want to know why the game is dead? Because the "hardcore" players rabidly chased off everyone else who wanted to play the game in peace. There's no judgement on my end, but you've gotta accept responsibility. How many people do you think quit when IE/IS/Electric Sheep and countless other small teams were curb stomped and bullied by bored end gamers? I wouldn't even blame the bored endgamers tbh, I'll squarely place the blame on the games mechanics. The suggestion enkelin made about preventing mass bass kit spam in attacks on galaxies, without significant investment, should have been in the game years ago. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many people quitting due to others easily outposting their sub par galaxies and literally mag spamming their base kits.

theres only one zone players can stop other players from playing in sooooooo

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:41 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

jack the ripper wrote:
13: not sure what my gripe is, mostly bvb performance and bases. theres a lot of base bugs like rts, and the stuff i posted after my last huge bvb. i really think we need to hire someone to do some work on purely bugs.ndom glitches'

Let me get this straight. You're complaining about how the game is slowly dying and how there has been a change to bases yet you, with your incurable god complex, have spent the last year attacking and completely destroying teams with new, weaker players to the point of harassment. Then you give them the gear from those destroyed bases back and force them to join your stupid little alliance which you practically spam Team Politics with and basically treat them as if they're your slaves and if they say one thing that upsets you, you throw a typical hissy fit like you always do and kill them again, resulting in them quitting. And you wonder why the game is fucking dying?

You're basically complaining that the devs have made it easier for newer players to defend against higher end players who feel the need to throw their weight around.

As for the rest of you in this post, you're so bizarre it's unbelievable. Ever since the launch of C2 you have all complained about the lack of communication between the players and the devs as well as the lack of action. Now we have a few more devs, admittedly it's not comfortable that they're all players but it's better than just Jeff_L and you're complaining about them still. You can't win, can you?

Another thing that contributes to the state of this game is how some of you, not mentioning any names as you know who you are, have started selling shit for anything other than credits because credits to you are worthless. Unfortunately, this isn't EvE online and people, especially newer players don't want to do that.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:47 pm

we pay you to make a game for us. we dont pay you to add new content when all the existing content is bugged.

I also find it hilarious that you claim focusing the devs on bugs for 6 months is impossible because they dont know how to do anything with bugs? I know 0 about coding and I can think of about 100 ways I could contribute to working towards fixing bugs.

we dont want to hear why you cant fix the bugs, we want them fucking fixed. but its kind of too late for that, seeing as this uni (RAW NUMBERS) has a little over half the chars last uni did.

I'd also like to point out that one year ago, I had respect for the dev team. Now, theres a whole group of pompous ass holes that aren't representing any kind of professionalism of the dev team, specifically Hober. The dev team is supposed to be above sarcastic and salty remarks. Overall, this game is fucked and its declining RAPIDLY as the numbers show. Ive played this game like 11 years and I am now done.

13: 3
Tray: 11
War: 1-2
Hawk: 3-10
AA: 1
Anonymous: 15
Colter: 2
Razzy: 1

thats 45 accounts off the top of my head that are no longer going to be playing. thats half a grand a month, and all the dev team has to say are sarcastic remarks. THIS is why ss is going to be dead in the next year.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:
13: not sure what my gripe is, mostly bvb performance and bases. theres a lot of base bugs like rts, and the stuff i posted after my last huge bvb. i really think we need to hire someone to do some work on purely bugs.ndom glitches'

Let me get this straight. You're complaining about how the game is slowly dying and how there has been a change to bases yet you, with your incurable god complex, have spent the last year attacking and completely destroying teams with new, weaker players to the point of harassment. Then you give them the gear from those destroyed bases back and force them to join your stupid little alliance which you practically spam Team Politics with and basically treat them as if they're your slaves and if they say one thing that upsets you, you throw a typical hissy fit like you always do and kill them again, resulting in them quitting. And you wonder why the game is fucking dying?

You're basically complaining that the devs have made it easier for newer players to defend against higher end players who feel the need to throw their weight around.

As for the rest of you in this post, you're so bizarre it's unbelievable. Ever since the launch of C2 you have all complained about the lack of communication between the players and the devs as well as the lack of action. Now we have a few more devs, admittedly it's not comfortable that they're all players but it's better than just Jeff_L and you're complaining about them still. You can't win, can you?

Another thing that contributes to the state of this game is how some of you, not mentioning any names as you know who you are, have started selling shit for anything other than credits because credits to you are worthless. Unfortunately, this isn't EvE online and people, especially newer players don't want to do that.

y u so salt. basically none of this is true, i stopped reading. but i dont force anyone into my alliance, theres one whole team on it. and all i do is protect them. and i only give base gear back if i feel like it.

and youre missing the point, i just enjoy bvb. I play a game to have fun, and thats what I have fun doing, sooooo gg. nothing to do with a god complex, i just want to have fun, since its a game and all.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:

not sure what the last paragraph is about but you buy credits all the time w USD sooooo gg

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:51 pm

jack the ripper wrote:
we pay you to make a game for us. we dont pay you to add new content when all the existing content is bugged.

I also find it hilarious that you claim focusing the devs on bugs for 6 months is impossible because they dont know how to do anything with bugs? I know 0 about coding and I can think of about 100 ways I could contribute to working towards fixing bugs.

we dont want to hear why you cant fix the bugs, we want them fucking fixed. but its kind of too late for that, seeing as this uni (RAW NUMBERS) has a little over half the chars last uni did.

I'd also like to point out that one year ago, I had respect for the dev team. Now, theres a whole group of pompous ass holes that aren't representing any kind of professionalism of the dev team, specifically Hober. The dev team is supposed to be above sarcastic and salty remarks. Overall, this game is fucked and its declining RAPIDLY as the numbers show. Ive played this game like 11 years and I am now done.

13: 3
Tray: 11
War: 1-2
Hawk: 3-10
AA: 1
Anonymous: 15
Colter: 2
Razzy: 1

thats 45 accounts off the top of my head that are no longer going to be playing. thats half a grand a month, and all the dev team has to say are sarcastic remarks. THIS is why ss is going to be dead in the next year.

I should not know of 45 accounts that have quit in the last month and a half. thats fucking ridiculous.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

jack the ripper wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:

and i only give base gear back if i feel like it.

Proving my point.

People play games and people quit. Some have multiple accounts and some don't. You're not supposed to play a game until you die.

If you had any experience in debating at all, you'd realise you argue for the audience and not the opponent. If someone reads this post and realises your arguments are silly and your "salty crying" is worthless then I've done my job.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:00 pm

[/quote]

and i only give base gear back if i feel like it.[/quote]

Proving my point.

People play games and people quit. Some have multiple accounts and some don't. You're not supposed to play a game until you die.

If you had any experience in debating at all, you'd realise you argue for the audience and not the opponent. If someone reads this post and realises your arguments are silly and your "salty crying" is worthless then I've done my job.
[/quote]

I promise I dont need your validation

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:20 pm

lol.... maybe its just me but every job I've ever had, the customer is always right and you never back talk the customer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Yea, job. This isnt their job its volunteer work they cant be held accountable for however they act. Hard to force them to act professional in this situation.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

jack the ripper wrote:
lol.... maybe its just me but every job I've ever had, the customer is always right and you never back talk the customer.

You haven't had a lot of jobs then. Most jobs teach you to be patient with the customer to a point and after they push past that point its management's problem or the police's.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:

You haven't had a lot of jobs then. Most jobs teach you to be patient with the customer to a point and after they push past that point its management's problem or the police's.

Also depends on the job :lol:

I use to work at a bar people would constantly get out of hand so i would let the manager know and few times he punched/choked out/slammed the annoying person. So in my case yea, i had to be the professional and let the manager handle it. In the managers case he said fuck professionalism im fucking these drunks up! Honestly dont know how he didnt get fired, they actually ended up making him GM of another store :lol:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:07 pm
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Slam Dunk It
Level: 2144

yeah but these aren't paid people, and professional by definition is getting paid for an activity that is your job/career/whatever, so if they aren't professional, then how can you expect them to act professional?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next