Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: ss is dead
I don't have anything to say to that post because you have not introduced any new content, just repeated other points that I have nothing more to say to. I'm sorry you don't agree with me on these matters.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

When are they removing a modular system of bases. Dude not being funny but you are inexperienced, when you've lost your shirt 5 times you'll understand the conceptual move. When 10 of your friends have quit because they lost their shit and you can't convince them to rebuild as it's just too much work and too annoying. All they are doing is narrowing a scope. I like your style in fact I argued for all the same things as you when a guy called demon blood was pushing for bases to be 'tower defence" styled.

You are exactly demonstrating why it should be done you are already clutching your shit to your chest. QED

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

sabre198 wrote:
When are they removing a modular system of bases.

You clearly don't know what this post is about then.

sabre198 wrote:
Dude not being funny but you are inexperienced, when you've lost your shirt 5 times you'll understand the conceptual move. When 10 of your friends have quit because they lost their shit and you can't convince them to rebuild as it's just too much work and too annoying. All they are doing is narrowing a scope. I like your style in fact I argued for all the same things as you when a guy called demon blood was pushing for bases to be 'tower defence" styled.

Euhm, I've seen people quit because they lost all their shit. I've also seen people quit that bases have become useless. If they quit because they lost their gear, that meant they weren't into the game in anyway; they just had a reason to quit now, and everyone is hiding behind the fact. The too much work and too annoying isn't the issue, it the fact that they have a reason to quit the game. The work and annoyance, can be fun if you actually have motivated friends to play with. *Narrowing a scope* by opening another, but bigger scope? It's just foolish to think about it.

anilv wrote:
I don't have anything to say to that post because you have not introduced any new content, just repeated other points that I have nothing more to say to. I'm sorry you don't agree with me on these matters.

By any new content, do you mean by content you read and not responded too? Then that is highly likely, since alot gets ignored. *nothing more to say to* as in not wanting to respond too, because I can't get this change through then?
It's not about agreeing, it about making someone to agree, the longer I keep talking to you, the more it's just making the same statement over and over again, and still not recieving a legit response to it, which counters the argument.

The difference is, you can shut up, and the change gets through no problem, I can shut up or actually actively say what's wrong with said change, it doesn't matter it's just your thought that counts, and you don't want to get it disturbed. *Clean dev Record*. QED (Just for topbuzzz).

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:55 am

Who have you seen quit because bases became useless and when was this

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I agree

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:31 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

KonanCruss2 wrote:
I'm still waiting on a counter argument, for why removing the modular aspect of bases, for a system where everyone is the same.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:31 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

For the past n years every endgamer has been using same gear on all their bases. Modularity of bases comes from augs (and choice of overloader since base OL revamp).

Anyway, I'm quite sick of seeing arguments "my friend x quit the game for y reason so you should change z". A lot of the time you can't give one reason why certain player quit. Also, most the time these statements tend to be false and overexaggerated. I could say I quit playing because of IC system or bad pvb/bvb system. However, I would be lying because in reality I quit simply because I had played the game more than enough to keep getting anything out of it.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:19 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Right now, I've already given 20 ish reason why the change was bad.

I went back through the entire thread. You made 2 (tw0) arguements, as follows;

Just seeing the work of devs this whole uni, is what is making me quit.
Quite a shame, since I did really enjoy this last year playing comming from nothing to, Ada Base Gear, with Ada Kits; T22 and what not. Had fun, for how long it lasted.

Devs won't listen to players, they want facts.
Jeff doesn't give a single fuck & Jey even less. Jey only talks when there is a patch and that is 3-4 times a year. While for Jeff, all the devs can do what they want.
The many people from Eminence Front that quit this uni is insane, also because of devs.

I fail to see how people being able to equip X gear on fortified kits in any way hurts ada kits. And as far as i recall the reason EF quit was exactly the problem this addresses, low to mid level players getting obliterated by higher level players because they could not build gear fast enough to defend themselves. viewtopic.php?p=744481#p744481

KonanCruss2 wrote:
None of em were declined in a way that was convincing, kept saying "I'm positive it will be the right decision, and so is the dev team". Then you see people trying to quote some of my stuff, and fail miserably while doing it.

How am i doing so far?

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Lately it's more of, who has the higher standing in power rather then who is giving the best arguments. All it took for the YZ buildtime to change was somebody saying (I don't remember might be me, might be someone else) that it was way too short. And without many arguments, you changed it.

Congratulations, welcome to how F2p players have felt for years.

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Now I've presented some pretty well developped arguments,

WHere?

KonanCruss2 wrote:
and I'm still waiting on a counter argument, for why removing the modular aspect of bases, for a system where everyone is the same.

Begging the Question. How would these changes make bases less Modular? If you want to put Adonis gear on your t12, how does this prevent you? If you want to put a Vervaa station lance on your Bana kit, how does this prevent that either? It does not, all it does is prevent greif players from "pawning noobs" which, as the post above shows, is costing us new players.

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Which would make me shutup and say, "Hmmm maybe this change will really be good". Saying 8-9% doesn't matter but if you count that bases can do 500k DPS and that you need 150k Mining DPS to dent a kit, or several million DPS of other DMG type, excluding HPS; 8-9% does matter a whole lot, compared to these big numbers. This argument has been said a million times, and means nothing.

8%? The difference between a Forti 12 and a normal t12 is 10%, and for t16's its 20 %. Plating is, if i recall 50%+, so i am honestly confused what you are currently discussing. The differance between X gear and Z gear? WHy the hell would i put z gear on my mining bases, or leave X gear on my defenses? That asside, the difference is the point, to give new players a fighting chance against older, established players.

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Still can't see how this is beneficial to a game.

You do not see how keeping new players will benefit the game...

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Maybe you're a super genius that can see in the future, but I can't; and this change in a MMO is bad.

I am laughing to hard right now...if you cannot see the future, how do you know the cange will be bad?

KonanCruss2 wrote:
You need progress in as much aspects of the game as possible. Since bases is a big part of this game, you should expect to be some kind of progress, but there isn't.

They just made progress....how is this an argument. "A has happened, A was needed and expected, thus, A should not have happened."

KonanCruss2 wrote:
No need to make gear, only thing which you can call borderline progress is choosing your augmenter setups.

Again, i am confused. You are getting a free set of X gear on mining bases. WHy would i leave X gear on my DPS bases? WHy would I leave Anni gear on an Ada kit?

KonanCruss2 wrote:
So now, how long will it take to respond to the relevant part of this post and not to the non relevant part?

Your arguments are so rambling i gave up on trying to figure out what you think is relevant and just responded to everything.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Same can be said about your bullshit xD.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:14 pm

lrellok wrote:
I fail to see how people being able to equip X gear on fortified kits in any way hurts ada kits. And as far as i recall the reason EF quit was exactly the problem this addresses, low to mid level players getting obliterated by higher level players because they could not build gear fast enough to defend themselves. viewtopic.php?p=744481#p744481

You seem to not understand about what part I'm talking about. After the war, EF actually had players, now it doesn't but it's maybe because of your inablity to know what happens in this game, that you don't know about it.

lrellok wrote:
How am i doing so far?

Never seen someone fail harder at quoting than enkelin, congratz.

lrellok wrote:
Congratulations, welcome to how F2p players have felt for years.

You have no idea what I'm talking about, go back to the kindergarden to learn something usefull, or go back to the F2P side of things, they don't bring anything to the game.

lrellok wrote:
WHere?

Not active on the forums and tries to quote people, 11/10 logic, would do it again.

lrellok wrote:
Begging the Question. How would these changes make bases less Modular? If you want to put Adonis gear on your t12, how does this prevent you? If you want to put a Vervaa station lance on your Bana kit, how does this prevent that either? It does not, all it does is prevent greif players from "pawning noobs" which, as the post above shows, is costing us new players.

Euhm, now I'm forced to use Anni X gear, while before I was doing perfectly fine with Anni gear and Laconia Dampeners. While upgrading gradually to Adamantium stuff. You seem to not understand end game basing, how doing everything at once isn't how it's supposed to be. I also recal that you are F2P so what do you actually know about bases apart from dropping them and doing nothing with them.

lrellok wrote:
8%? The difference between a Forti 12 and a normal t12 is 10%, and for t16's its 20 %. Plating is, if i recall 50%+, so i am honestly confused what you are currently discussing. The differance between X gear and Z gear? WHy the hell would i put z gear on my mining bases, or leave X gear on my defenses? That asside, the difference is the point, to give new players a fighting chance against older, established players.

You have no idea what this is about. I honestly can't fathom how stupid one needs to be to write something on this absurdness.

lrellok wrote:
You do not see how keeping new players will benefit the game...

You clearly do not see what bases is about, nor don't you see what makes people stay in this game. God knows what will happen.

lrellok wrote:
I am laughing to hard right now...if you cannot see the future, how do you know the cange will be bad?

I'm laughing harder then you, since it's just facts of other MMO's that died because they deleted the progress part out of the game.

lrellok wrote:
They just made progress....how is this an argument. "A has happened, A was needed and expected, thus, A should not have happened."

I like your argument, it means nothing to what I said. Progress as in actual ingame progress. You talk about dev progress 11/10 would read again, when I turn mentally ill when I hit 80 years old or something.

lrellok wrote:
Again, i am confused. You are getting a free set of X gear on mining bases. WHy would i leave X gear on my DPS bases? WHy would I leave Anni gear on an Ada kit?

No idea what this means, the English is so bad you could get cancer from it.

lrellok wrote:
Your arguments are so rambling i gave up on trying to figure out what you think is relevant and just responded to everything.

Atleast you broke down your rambling, so it's easy to answer. Your native language isn't English for sure. So I can understand that you have a hard time to see the relevant parts.

tl/dr: No idea what I talked about, no idea what he quoted means. Another one that gets benefit without knowing what happens otherwise. Have fun <3. In before there is someone calling out for names. It's just too nice in this topic LOL.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:29 pm

I do think it's cute that you think Galaxy defender is some sort of linear thing like demented is better than Laconia etc. In fact it's a cliff based function whereby if you don't meet a certain level you will lose the lot. You will lose demented , Laconia, bana , fortified, all equally like butter. The enemy will never use them to attack.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Razzy
Level: 4064

SS has been dying for years. All I have to really say is that if the game altered its PVP functions (Back how it was in C1) a majority of the end gamers would stay. At least, I would.

Gear Glue Master Race <3

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:58 pm
Main: Sean the Stalker
Level: 4076

Razzy wrote:
SS has been dying for years. All I have to really say is that if the game altered its PVP functions (Back how it was in C1) a majority of the end gamers would stay. At least, I would.

Gear Glue Master Race <3

I agree. Some sort of pvp incentives would bring back people and also bring new players to the game. I mean after all there is a pvp element that should be improved.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:35 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

sabre198 wrote:
I do think it's cute that you think Galaxy defender is some sort of linear thing like demented is better than Laconia etc. In fact it's a cliff based function whereby if you don't meet a certain level you will lose the lot. You will lose demented , Laconia, bana , fortified, all equally like butter. The enemy will never use them to attack.

I am uncertainif you are speaking to me or my opponent. Never the less, you have brought the subject up, so I ask you; what level of HPS would you consider sufiecent for a boarder and a core galaxy respectively? I am playing with the idea of 30 kits with 500,000 HPS total.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:37 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

uninstalled/unsubbed/wont play, along with 8 of my friends spanning 51 accounts total equaling 10% of the paying player base

k thnx bye gl hf gg

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next