Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: ss is dead
jack the ripper wrote:
uninstalled/unsubbed/wont play, along with 8 of my friends spanning 51 accounts total equaling 10% of the paying player base

k thnx bye gl hf gg

See ya in 3 or 4 months :mrgreen:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:52 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

If there really is a guy subbing 15 accounts he needs mental help.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

You have 8 friends? Wow. 51 accounts between you? I'm calling a bluff. Maybe now the new players will actually stay because they won't have to put up with a random player blowing up all of their bases now.

Bye Dylan Scully, you won't be missed.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:28 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

well, are multiaccounts now the equivelent to call your right hand girlfriend ?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

jack the ripper wrote:
uninstalled/unsubbed/wont play, along with 8 of my friends spanning 51 accounts total equaling 10% of the paying player base

k thnx bye gl hf gg

We only have 80 players paying? Thats good to know, ty.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:08 am
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

Good Night Sweet Prince.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:50 am
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

sabre198 wrote:

THRM had 12 before he left.

He's the most I've seen, but I think Lemon probably has more if you count un-subbed.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:56 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Ya'll keep forgetting Dr. Scriptgood with his 17 accounts...

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:39 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Zeuss wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

He's the most I've seen, but I think Lemon probably has more if you count un-subbed.

Every time this comes up I laugh a little. I have 4 accounts, all of which are subbed. I've never run more than four :P.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:10 am
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

ELITE wrote:

Every time this comes up I laugh a little. I have 4 accounts, all of which are subbed. I've never run more than four :P.

Someone's been telling me lies, I've heard a few people tell me they've sold multiple accounts to you.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:33 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Zeuss wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

goett owned about 25-30 at any given time, but he only had like 10-15 subbed usually.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:10 pm
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

Anyone ready for some pillage? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:31 pm
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

MasterTrader wrote:
Yeah he should have built better, but that's not the point. You want to know why the game is dead? Because the "hardcore" players rabidly chased off everyone else who wanted to play the game in peace. There's no judgement on my end, but you've gotta accept responsibility. How many people do you think quit when IE/IS/Electric Sheep and countless other small teams were curb stomped and bullied by bored end gamers? I wouldn't even blame the bored endgamers tbh, I'll squarely place the blame on the games mechanics. The suggestion enkelin made about preventing mass bass kit spam in attacks on galaxies, without significant investment, should have been in the game years ago. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many people quitting due to others easily outposting their sub par galaxies and literally mag spamming their base kits.

FINALLY A DEV FINALLY GETS IT.

I may have an endgame character, but honestly. I want to play like a noob. I don't like playing like a lot of the tryhard endgamers on here. I want to play like a noob, build like a noob, and be left in peace. If I get curbstomped because I picked a fight, alright. But I don't feel like it's possible to A) be left alone and keep to myself and B) get anywhere

I'm really sorry to the endgame tryhards who think that's not okay.

I don't have the daily time to devote to being a goddamn tryhard. Don't penalize me for it when I'd be paying the SAME monthly subscription as someone who does.

I really have wanted to try playing SS again. But these nuances always made me ask myself "why bother?"

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:41 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

cej1120con wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
Yeah he should have built better, but that's not the point. You want to know why the game is dead? Because the "hardcore" players rabidly chased off everyone else who wanted to play the game in peace. There's no judgement on my end, but you've gotta accept responsibility. How many people do you think quit when IE/IS/Electric Sheep and countless other small teams were curb stomped and bullied by bored end gamers? I wouldn't even blame the bored endgamers tbh, I'll squarely place the blame on the games mechanics. The suggestion enkelin made about preventing mass bass kit spam in attacks on galaxies, without significant investment, should have been in the game years ago. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many people quitting due to others easily outposting their sub par galaxies and literally mag spamming their base kits.

FINALLY A DEV FINALLY GETS IT.

I may have an endgame character, but honestly. I want to play like a noob. I don't like playing like a lot of the tryhard endgamers on here. I want to play like a noob, build like a noob, and be left in peace. If I get curbstomped because I picked a fight, alright. But I don't feel like it's possible to A) be left alone and keep to myself and B) get anywhere

I'm really sorry to the endgame tryhards who think that's not okay.

I don't have the daily time to devote to being a goddamn tryhard. Don't penalize me for it when I'd be paying the SAME monthly subscription as someone who does.

I really have wanted to try playing SS again. But these nuances always made me ask myself "why bother?"

For once I agree. There are too many people here who clearly want to return to the days where they can log on, completely destroy a low level back to the Stone Age and log off. That's really what some of you want when you say things like "PvP isn't worth it". What you really mean is you can't completely ruin someone to the point where they quit and laugh about it.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:06 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

PvP has never been "worth it" economically. BvB costs too much. It's not about that, it's about the fun of it. And fighting noobs is not what I'm referring to. Our bloody rampage was an attempt to find a challenge in the game, and it ended up making many people quit. Sucks for the game, and for us.

That being said, the playerbase used to be able to sustain those level of rage quits, but enough of them over the years combined with Bageese leaving, lack of communication from the dev team, no real direction from Jeff himself, and what, 4 years spent trying to get on Steam?

It might be too late to save us. If Steam doesn't revive the game's playerbase, I don't think SS will be around much longer. And that actually hurts to say out loud but I think we've all been noticing the decline.

The rageposts, the anger at the devs, people quitting for whatever reason, it's not because the game sucks. It's not because people are OP, or because things are too hard. It's because the community is gone. SS feels like a game where you will literally never encounter another player while playing the game. As an MMO, that's not a good thing. I used to play SS for the social interaction, to meet people and hang out with the crazy personalities we had going on. But all of those people have quit for whatever reason. Real life, bannings, game breaking exploits, bugs, pvp, wars, whatever. And we have no real incoming new players that survive past the first few hours.

I don't really know where I'm going with this other than I fucking love this game. And for over 10 years I've been playing, 9 years supporting with my subscriptions, and probably 8 years trying to make suggestions and help the devs test shit, make the game better via teaching any way I could. I also spent a good portion of the last 3-4 years making Youtube content so that I could somehow help the game anyway I could.

But we're still dying. And every time one of these posts comes up, I see the same anger echoed across the playerbase. We all want the game to survive. We all disagree on how to make that happen, but I see it as a failure on Jeff's part to direct the game. To manage SS as a business, not as a fucking college plaything. This game has infinite potential, if it were marketed and managed correctly in today's gaming world it would be fucking huge. But instead our playerbase is less than a few hundred and rapidly declining as the uni's go by.

EDIT: And I'm not trying to discredit all the work the volunteer devs have been putting in recently. The combined effort of all of the endgamers who want to see SS survive has been the only driving force keep us afloat for years and years now. But bits and pieces and bandaid fixes obviously haven't been working. This massive rebalance of the endgame should have been happening six fucking years ago before Olympus started powercreeping the game, not now as we're months away from finally being on Steam. Back when we had an actual playerbase to test things with. Or play with, for that matter.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:11 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next