Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: ss is dead
Antilzah wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:
Ive played this game like 11 years and I am now done.

Yay

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

redalert150 wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:
Ive played this game like 11 years and I am now done.

Yay

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:42 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

I mean Ill still blow everything up. What would you do without whee 13

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:05 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

"You're harmless"

"You're doing harm"

lol

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:06 pm
Main: Sean the Stalker
Level: 4076

While it pains me to say it. I somewhat agree with 13.... I've been playing this game on and off for 11 years and this is the worst I have seen it...
The dev flood - while people think this is a good idea because more content and bug are being fixed. Who the fuck is controlling them?! And don't say this is bullshit because they're bending the game to how they like to play it. Some of the stuff is irrelevant.
Minor exploits getting progressively worse and no consequences - I'm not gonna bring the whole Annih drone decay story up again. But it's just a example of how non of the devs are being controlled.
Graphic bug- I recently sent a ticket about the particle bug and slaves when transwarping. The response I got was - "the devs who add content in don't fix the bugs. The dev bug fixers do" soooo adding more content in to a buggier game seems like a logical thing to do??? Right..... Where are these bug fixers then...
Power gap - these end game players keep moaning they're bored. Simple weekly or monthly events would probaly keep some of them playing.. They're the ones keeping the game alive..

Most likely this will get ignored because that's what you devs do best.. Twist the game to your own selfish needs and not to how it should be run.

- Lord CJ (ps. Oh look I am Sean the stalker)

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:53 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

alexeeeC2 wrote:
Most likely this will get ignored because that's what you devs do best.. Twist the game to your own selfish needs and not to how it should be run.

For what it's worth, if you come to the table with the attitude that the devs are not interested in your opinion and actively working to subvert the game, you don't give us much to work with.

alexeeeC2 wrote:
The dev flood - while people think this is a good idea because more content and bug are being fixed. Who the fuck is controlling them?!

Every initiative that has been put forward by volunteer devs has been extensively vetted by the entire team, including Jeff.

alexeeeC2 wrote:
Right..... Where are these bug fixers then...

The main bug fixers are Jey and Ryan. They are hard at work but unfortunately it's quite difficult.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:14 am
Main: Sean the Stalker
Level: 4076

anilv wrote:
alexeeeC2 wrote:

Quote:
For what it's worth, if you come to the table with the attitude that the devs are not interested in your opinion and actively working to subvert the game, you don't give us much to work with.
Quote:

Lol... Because professionalism gets you no where on this game hense my attitude. You wouldint be commenting now if i dint have somewhat attitude.
Which goes back to my previous comment about my recent ticket i submitted..... It's pretty much been completely ignored. Maybe i should of showed a bit more attitude... (pfft)
"Actively working to subvert the game".. We're paying for the game/service.. Should we not be recieving high customer service levels and imediate action towards bugs? And i'm not even active lol... If i was to undermine the game then this wouldint be on forums..

Absolute joke.....

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:27 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

We've been replying to people's post whether they showed attitude or not. If you're not getting responses about tickets hop on Discord and one of the Content Devs that are always on can try to help you out and forward the issues to someone who can do something about it.

If you've been playing for 11 years then you've played during the times when there were few to no content devs, and things went unchanged and stagnant for years. You've also seen countless issues, as have I.

No one is twisting anything to what they'd like to play... And if we keep catering exclusively to end gamers, which is what happened over the past 5-10 years, we're going to continue to prevent new players from joining the game and staying. And guess what happens while that happens? End gamers, who are bored anyway, are going to eventually leave. Solely catering to end game players desires, whether in balance or in features, doesn't create a healthy game environment.

I'm more than willing to listen to your feedback, but you have to accept that your feedback isn't the only feedback. It has to be weighed against others feedback, weighed against facts and weighed against goals or future plans.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:03 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

By only feedback you mean that there are a shit ton of other feedback somewhere else. Probably the hidden dev chat or something. Devs only listen to each other, as far as I can tell atleast. It's funny that in the last 5 days all my no relevant posts get answered by some making a fool out of himself, but while my relevant posts gather dust or something.

Discord isn't official, so fuck discord. Make it official, and I'll buy it to report bugs, otherwise no thank you.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm
over 9000!

Discord is free.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

KonanCruss2 wrote:
By only feedback you mean that there are a shit ton of other feedback somewhere else. Probably the hidden dev chat or something. Devs only listen to each other, as far as I can tell atleast. It's funny that in the last 5 days all my no relevant posts get answered by some making a fool out of himself, but while my relevant posts gather dust or something.

Discord isn't official, so fuck discord. Make it official, and I'll buy it to report bugs, otherwise no thank you.

Not everyone blasts their opinions and feedback on the forums.

You'll buy it? You don't have to buy Discord. It's an unofficial community space for the playerbase that developers have a presence on. The app is free.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 pm
over 9000!

KonanCruss2 wrote:

I have written a large number of comprehensive responses to you over the past few weeks. To my knowledge, I have responded to every point you've made for which I had anything to say. It's hard for me to imagine what you mean when you say that your relevant posts are gathering dust. I begin to wonder if the only satisfactory outcome would be if I simply responded "I agree" to your arguments. Just because I don't agree with everything you say, it is not a fair assessment to suggest that you are being ignored.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Ohn, you mean that I keep arguing? I mean how you respond to them makes 0 sense. I keep talking from a game design prespective, and all you say are some math things that really has nothing to do with it. You make the game have less features, and then call it ok.
Everyone seems to think that I've gotten end game by people giving me everything or something. I started 6 months ago experimenting with Demented T14 kits, I looked at combined augmenters, ... Now I'm using Ada Gear on my bases and what not. The flow chart for bases is perfect, and it accounts for losses. I lost my Demented T14 kits, I lost Ambrosia gear. Even worse, I lost my Laconia T12 kits. But I'm still here with Adamantium Gear, because to get to end game, you need the experience and knwoledge, getting the stuff together is just a matter of time.

The current way of doing things for the devs is cutting down on the need of experience and knowledge, by giving the people free stuff. You have kept ignoring this statement, because (I think) you're 100% sure that this course of action is the best. Do you have any idea how strong Y gear is with only 1 week buildtime? Do you have any idea how strong Z gear is with only 2 weeks of buildtime. Do you know how long it takes for people to farm everything needed for 1 set of Ada Gear, and let's exclude the weaponry, it's insane that you have made it like that. And then your attitude of someone on a higher lvl was asking me ignorant if you should switch it back to 2 weeks and 4 weeks.

You have indeed not been ignoring my statements.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 pm
over 9000!

Again, I responded to your arguments several times. If I don't agree with your conclusion, I don't have anything more to say. That doesn't mean I'm ignoring you. It means I'm walking about from the debate because it has reached an impasse. You seem to expect me to just keep responding to you because you still have something to say. If that were a fair expectation, I would indeed be required to respond until you had somehow convinced me by brute force that you are right.

I'm not sure what your issue is with the YZ build time. Someone (maybe you) made a decent argument about it so I offered to revert the change and have done so.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I guess I should reread your posts then, because most of the relevant stuff, you haven't responded too.
Right now, I've already given 20 ish reason why the change was bad. None of em were declined in a way that was convincing, kept saying "I'm positive it will be the right decision, and so is the dev team". Then you see people trying to quote some of my stuff, and fail miserably while doing it.

Lately it's more of, who has the higher standing in power rather then who is giving the best arguments. All it took for the YZ buildtime to change was somebody saying (I don't remember might be me, might be someone else) that it was way too short. And without many arguments, you changed it.

Now I've presented some pretty well developped arguments, and I'm still waiting on a counter argument, for why removing the modular aspect of bases, for a system where everyone is the same. Which would make me shutup and say, "Hmmm maybe this change will really be good". Saying 8-9% doesn't matter but if you count that bases can do 500k DPS and that you need 150k Mining DPS to dent a kit, or several million DPS of other DMG type, excluding HPS; 8-9% does matter a whole lot, compared to these big numbers. This argument has been said a million times, and means nothing.
Still can't see how this is beneficial to a game. Maybe you're a super genius that can see in the future, but I can't; and this change in a MMO is bad. You need progress in as much aspects of the game as possible. Since bases is a big part of this game, you should expect to be some kind of progress, but there isn't. No need to make gear, only thing which you can call borderline progress is choosing your augmenter setups.

So now, how long will it take to respond to the relevant part of this post and not to the non relevant part?

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:14 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next