Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Post tpoix and cake
riperoni

Last edited by jack the ripper on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: ss is dead
Mind telling us what their gripes are?

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:16 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

MasterTrader wrote:
Mind telling us what their gripes are?

Enkelin's bull shit with base gear for me.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:52 pm

13: not sure what my gripe is, mostly bvb performance and bases. theres a lot of base bugs like rts, and the stuff i posted after my last huge bvb. i really think we need to hire someone to do some work on purely bugs.

johnny: not sure at all

Razzy: 'game is dead'

warlord: "i want to comment later my head hurts"

donquixote: 'same issues as 13, even assisting in a bvb is hard now with all the random glitches'

thats whos online rn

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:14 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

waaaa waaaa waaaaaaaaa

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:21 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I mean, those players you've listed have logged hundreds of hours in SS. You can't conclude a game is dead just because a veteran player got tired of it eventually.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:28 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
I mean, those players you've listed have logged hundreds of hours in SS. You can't conclude a game is dead just because a veteran player got tired of it eventually.

I would like the record to show that I am not tired of SS. I am just against a change that makes zero sense.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:08 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I'm bored. Nothing feels like a challenge anymore.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:04 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Just seeing the work of devs this whole uni, is what is making me quit.
Quite a shame, since I did really enjoy this last year playing comming from nothing to, Ada Base Gear, with Ada Kits; T22 and what not. Had fun, for how long it lasted.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:49 am

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Just seeing the work of devs this whole uni, is what is making me quit.
Quite a shame, since I did really enjoy this last year playing comming from nothing to, Ada Base Gear, with Ada Kits; T22 and what not. Had fun, for how long it lasted.

literally everyone is quitting. the devs/OWNERS of the game need to do something and listen to the people that are paying the bills.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

rip ss

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:12 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

jack the ripper wrote:
literally everyone is quitting. the devs/OWNERS of the game need to do something and listen to the people that are paying the bills.

Devs won't listen to players, they want facts.
Jeff doesn't give a single fuck & Jey even less. Jey only talks when there is a patch and that is 3-4 times a year. While for Jeff, all the devs can do what they want.
The many people from Eminence Front that quit this uni is insane, also because of devs.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:23 am
Team: Tymas
Main: Torikhtil
Level: 939

if you want a perspective from someone whos just started the game this month, the UI is one of the main annoyances, and the thing that feels the most lacking is emphasis on the game's multiplayer aspect. Say i get out of the nexus, finish the blue mission line and dont want to just do mission lines over and over. Sure there are other players around but they're all at extreme level differences already, maybe i find someone to do a few DGs with but then we get bored. What other "multiplayer" interactions are there? A MMO that doesnt take advantage of being multiplayer enough is wasting it's potential.

The game already has very little to no penalty for death, so consider some consensual pvp elements between players and their combat bots. Maybe some things to fight over. Get conflict going, it will naturally breed cooperation.

I almost quit when i got directed to the "ice area" and then "the lava area", if it went on like that for much longer i would have gotten bored and gone. Felt like i was playing a garbage fantasy mmo trying to prep me for more of the same.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:06 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

mattk50 wrote:
I almost quit when i got directed to the "ice area" and then "the lava area", if it went on like that for much longer i would have gotten bored and gone. Felt like i was playing a garbage fantasy mmo trying to prep me for more of the same.

:lol:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:16 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

viewtopic.php?p=752733#p752733

Makka wrote:
anilv wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:
I capped a couple gals and offered to return all the lost gear, return the kits, and pay for losses and grief. This offer was not utilized.

If this is true, and I am inclined to believe -13- on a matter like this, then I don't understand why the player is quitting.

I'm certainly not aware of any such offer. Perhaps, as is said later in the thread, it is assumed that I, like anyone else, naturally would be online when shit like this happens. So bullshit.

My bases? Yep, generally just one dem t20 for stm, then supporting t18 hps. Most of my kits were t16. It was what I could afford to do. Considering it was the first time I had built since the Traders/SP debacle, (which I still consider an exploit, t21/22 players just overpowering & capping t20 bases), so I started with no base gear and thought I was getting there. But I have always been very aware of not putting anything on a base you can't afford to lose. but I've just started from scratch. To have it happen again means I'm pissed off and yes, rage-quitting.

If someone doesn't understand why I'm quitting, well fuck you. I can name a shitload of people that this has happened to at various stages through my playing time and each and every time it's because someone is making it harder to play.

It's not the endgame players that need to be catered for, it's the newbies and midgame players. That's where the dollars are for game development and ongoing improvements. Many people simply don't want to go on to become emp, or do Oly, or the Avesaka thingies that I've never got around to doing. I'm trying to constructively criticise here and a lot of what I see is self justification from some of the main offenders. It's not Jeff, advertising and lack of content that's killing the game, it's them alienating the low/midrange player base through bullying tactics, no matter how they try and justify it. Until that gets sorted the game is spiralling downhill.

Yeah he should have built better, but that's not the point. You want to know why the game is dead? Because the "hardcore" players rabidly chased off everyone else who wanted to play the game in peace. There's no judgement on my end, but you've gotta accept responsibility. How many people do you think quit when IE/IS/Electric Sheep and countless other small teams were curb stomped and bullied by bored end gamers? I wouldn't even blame the bored endgamers tbh, I'll squarely place the blame on the games mechanics. The suggestion enkelin made about preventing mass bass kit spam in attacks on galaxies, without significant investment, should have been in the game years ago. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many people quitting due to others easily outposting their sub par galaxies and literally mag spamming their base kits.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next