Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Main: Retour
Level: 2998

Post Re: ss is dead
Not playing SS anymore, but used to for like 6 years and I'd like to see a new server or something like that, this is the only thing that would bring me back and I think a lot of old players. A new start with a fresh playerbase, with steam launch it's the way to go.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

I wonder how end game players will fare after the reset. Since they know how everything works, so they can gear towards having the most optimal options, while new people (steam players) would get behind the end gamers, maybe too fast to be true.

The AI base gear is so bad, ruin items are a pain to extract, and certainly not worth the time investment, since you're flying by that. The amount of credit sinks and commod sinks need to be looked at. The broken as fuck things need to be looked at (Prawn, Hephaestus Machine, Anger Augmenter, ...).

It's a shame for this game, since this can at most be considered an open beta. There are far too many fixes and fuck ups that it's hardly worth to play as a new player, who knows nothing about this game. My best F2P days, and the ones I loved the most was when the F2Ps could only lvl to lv20. Now you have F2Ps who have a shit ton of content to do, and they keep wanting more.

If you want a reset, there needs to be alot of advertisments. Like new expansions should be worked on thoroughly, by a team, and by a person working on it and the posting pictures to be looked at. Suggestions doesn't matter in this game, the suggestions devs proposed don't matter either, just check the forums for more information about that. It's a shame, lots of potential this game has; just not enough time to actually get through the fixing phase, and never started on actually starting to organise expansions. Right now it's mostly wishy washy and just people looking at others their work and saying that it's good or bad.

For a reset there needs to be put alot of work, more then you would expect, and I'm sure that how SS is currently faring, they can't afford at the moment the amount of work it requires.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm
Main: SypomII
Level: 1844

A full wipe or a new server would definetly get me into playing.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:07 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

They would have to compensate a lot of players if they did a complete wipe, which they can't afford to do, so probably not going to happen.

I think a better solution would be introducing a expansion with new currency that will eventually make credits obsolete. Also a fix to the power gap in tech levels. I think this would solve more then a wipe. If a wipe happens we still have the stupid power gap.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:19 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

redalert150 wrote:
They would have to compensate a lot of players if they did a complete wipe, which they can't afford to do, so probably not going to happen.

I think a better solution would be introducing a expansion with new currency that will eventually make credits obsolete. Also a fix to the power gap in tech levels. I think this would solve more then a wipe. If a wipe happens we still have the stupid power gap.

I completely agree. + The time needed to fix that is enormous.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:36 pm
Main: SypomII
Level: 1844

If a wipe happens, they wouldnt have to compensate anyone.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Well i pay $90 month for this game id be pretty pissed if i wasn't compensated for deleting all my progress.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:08 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

KonanCruss2 wrote:
(Prawn, Hephaestus Machine, Anger Augmenter, ...)

:mrgreen:

My crusade must be fulfilled.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

@redalert Either way game will need a new starting from scratch server for Steam release. If all the oldies want to continue playing with the old +-75 playerbase that's left in the game right now then that is fine if they have the resources to keep that p. But in order to succeed a clean server is a necessity. Also judging by the posts so far it would bring back a lot of old players, which is gravely needed in order to revive the game.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:16 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

SunDog60 wrote:
Dom wrote:
I'm wondering though if the tutorial area can handle loads of players, maybe it should be instanced (if it's not already I'm not completely sure)?

We're already working to avoid the issue of too many people. I believe it went something along the lines of, the quicker it's killed after it initially spawned, the quicker it respawns (or quicker respawn as more players are in the galaxy, I'm not sure anymore). Although an instance may be required, for now this should be good to allow all players to progress despite being surrounded by many others.

That's good to hear. I still think instancing would probably be preferable in the rare occassion that there might be a hype, it's always best to prepare for the worst or best depending on how you look at it :wink:

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:20 pm

I think fixing the power gap, making the game more interesting at the beginning and mid game are whats going to bring in new players. Im not sure a wipe will do anything, like i said lots of players have invested a lot into their characters. They would need some sort of compensation, like guranteed certain stuff once they reach a certain level or something. You cant just shit on the players that have been loyal to you throughout the shitty years.

Im not disagreeing with you guys though, the power gap is stupid in this game and the amount of exploited gear and creds in game are also pretty ridiculous and for sure turn away new and returning players. However, i dont think a wipe will fix those issues. The devs are already working on the power gap (i think, i hope they raising the floor and not lowering the ceiling though) only thing they need to work on is a way to make all the current creds in game be useless. Credit sinks dont work since youre just adding more shit to the game that a new player will never be able to get. Thats why i think a new currency that will eventually replace creds all together would be the best solution. In my opinion anyways.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Main: Retour
Level: 2998

What about a new server, while keeping the old one and let the new players choose which one they want to join..

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:06 am

I don't think they could afford that nor have the man power to do it.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:10 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Retour wrote:
What about a new server, while keeping the old one and let the new players choose which one they want to join..

Alternatively, do the seasonal universes suggestion i posted months ago that everyone liked.

Leave the eternal server, make new ones every 4-6 months for everyone to fresh start on.

Legacy players stay happy, new players get to choose wherever they want to go, and if you want to play fresh shit every 4-6 months, there ya go.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61510

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:10 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Add 2nd server and make it impossible to start new account on legacy server. :D

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next