Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Prawn Nerf
Antilzah wrote:
heylo wrote:
KonanCruss2 wrote:
So to get 1.2x DPS we need to sacrifice DPE and Range, while for more DPE we sacrifice nothing, and for Range we also sacrifice nothing. Sounds like the worst balancing ever done :D.

In before enkelin goes apeshit about me forcing my opinion on others.

DPS is a far more valueable stat than range or DPE, that is why we've done it this way.

Commonly best DPE translates into best DPS so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

It really depends on the situation. We did some analysis and found that for single-fire Sniper, it's a bit easy to overkill DPE.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:34 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Maybe that's why MF2 is actually a thing in this game :roll:

Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:53 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I've put the -20% Range that the Prawn was getting on the Prawn's Claw. This was to avoid having to put -75% Range as a ship inbuilt stat to counteract the Sniper skills that grant range, because that would severely hurt any other class that's trying to make use of the ship.

I've reworked the Red Pill for the Delquad. Its now a transformation that lasts 18 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown. In testing, it was doing about 30% more DPS than its Blue Pill regular form.

The three ships compare to eachother as follows:
The Wattage is 20% more efficient (vs the Delquad)
The Prawn does 20% more DPS (vs Delquad & Wattage) at the cost of 20% Range (vs the Wattage) and 20% efficiency (vs the Delquad)
The Delquad has 20% more Range (vs the Wattage) and has an inbuilt that allows it to do 30% more DPS for a short period of time, at the cost of resistances, visibility, tracking and range.

Testing was done with a 2 Emp 1 CaL setup.

As a side note, we may be slightly nerfing the Resistance. At the moment, it does near (new) Prawn DPS with (new) Wattage+ efficiency without any drawbacks. While it is a tech higher, we feel like that's too much of a difference.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 am
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

heylo wrote:

I've put the -20% Range that the Prawn was getting on the Prawn's Claw. This was to avoid having to put -75% Range as a ship inbuilt stat to counteract the Sniper skills that grant range, because that would severely hurt any other class that's trying to make use of the ship.

I've reworked the Red Pill for the Delquad. Its now a transformation that lasts 18 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown. In testing, it was doing about 30% more DPS than its Blue Pill regular form.

The three ships compare to eachother as follows:
The Wattage is 20% more efficient (vs the Delquad)
The Prawn does 20% more DPS (vs Delquad & Wattage) at the cost of 20% Range (vs the Wattage) and 20% efficiency (vs the Delquad)
The Delquad has 20% more Range (vs the Wattage) and has an inbuilt that allows it to do 30% more DPS for a short period of time, at the cost of resistances, visibility, tracking and range.

Testing was done with a 2 Emp 1 CaL setup.

As a side note, we may be slightly nerfing the Resistance. At the moment, it does near (new) Prawn DPS with (new) Wattage+ efficiency without any drawbacks. While it is a tech higher, we feel like that's too much of a difference.

nicw work! this should happen a long time ago!

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

40% Damage? 35% ROF? 40% Resistances across the board with the inbuilt aura still in place? Have you completely lost your minds? We're supposed to be nerfing this ship.

Well done on having the courage to remove the 4th augmenter slot but that doesn't mean you can give it such absurd inbuilt damage and rate of fire.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:32 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Tomzta09 wrote:
40% Damage? 35% ROF? 40% Resistances across the board with the inbuilt aura still in place? Have you completely lost your minds? We're supposed to be nerfing this ship.

Well done on having the courage to remove the 4th augmenter slot but that doesn't mean you can give it such absurd inbuilt damage and rate of fire.

Daedalus. Read the resistances again.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:36 am
over 9000!

Tomzta09 wrote:

Like Hober said, it's not 40% resistances across the board. It has two serious weaknesses. Also, there is no purpose in having a heated discussion about the exact augmods on the ship. As everyone knows, those are only a small part of the whole picture once you've put gear and augs on as well. The analysis that led to these augmods took gear and augs into account, resulting as DS said in the following balance:

Prawn: 20% more DPS than Wattage and Delquad, 20% less range than Wattage.
Wattage: 20% more DPE than Prawn and Delquad.
Delquad: 20% more range than Wattage (50% more than Prawn)

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:54 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

and its on base remember

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!

sabre198 wrote:
and its on base remember

40% Damage, 35% RoF on the ship can always be thought of as adding 20% Damage and 17.5% RoF to one of your augmenters. So it's like half of a CaL aug for DPS.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:24 pm
Contributor

It's 30% by the way not 35 :P

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Do you want to keep Prawn as the go-to choice for endgame combat focus classes? With proposed stats I would switch to Resistance ship immediately. However, with MF2 being gone, that +20% elec temp might not be as awful as I think.

I quite like it.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:10 am
Contributor

Antilzah wrote:
Do you want to keep Prawn as the go-to choice for endgame combat focus classes? With proposed stats I would switch to Resistance ship immediately. However, with MF2 being gone, that +20% elec temp might not be as awful as I think.

I quite like it.

No. We want t22 to be endgame like it should have been all along :)

The prawn will still be the highest dps ship Stat wise but you can get far more out of a t22 ship because of the t22 augs that would be available.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:59 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Battle Sphere new meta.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:18 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Wrathful Warrior & Resistance will be the new meta. We will most likely see the return of LF Snipers.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:14 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Tomzta09 wrote:
Wrathful Warrior & Resistance will be the new meta. We will most likely see the return of LF Snipers.

They are already here.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next