Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Prawn Nerf
Chrono Warrior wrote:
the white wizard wrote:

The prawn aura is something that no one (but me obviously) actually uses, it's not OP and not useless either, there's no need to remove that.

I know a few people who have made prawns specifically for their FC's to utilize said aura, so you are definitely not "the only one".

Pretty sure the first Prawn FC was made by Jey about 5 years ago. So you can't really claim that's your sole territory.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:30 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

heylo wrote:

Show me a screeny of your 700k+ burst DPS, I don't buy it. In either case you will nolonger be able to do such numbers since we're getting rid of MF2ing. I doubt we'll see anything above 250, maybe 300k after we're done here.

I can't be trusted, how about you ask lemon for screenshots of his prawn? We all know your "super OP asf" prawn is supposed to be "the best", but if you can't get proper dps on your prawn then it doesn't mean that the other players also can't. So, since I can't be trusted, ask lemon for screenshots of his 700k dps.

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Chrono Warrior wrote:
the white wizard wrote:

The prawn aura is something that no one (but me obviously) actually uses, it's not OP and not useless either, there's no need to remove that.

I know a few people who have made prawns specifically for their FC's to utilize said aura, so you are definitely not "the only one".

Pretty sure the first Prawn FC was made by Jey about 5 years ago. So you can't really claim that's your sole territory.

I wasn't even playing 5 years ago and I have never seen anyone else use a prawn fc. Let's quit the offtopic now and get back to nerfing the prawn.

sabre198 wrote:
this was in his mythical calculator though remember 8)

Ofcourse, I don't trust calculators and I can't do maths myself, the dps is what the game says.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:12 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

What weapon are you getting 700k DPS with?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:32 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

u called ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:33 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Just so you know, ship window gives 150% damage per crit instead of 50% which is what's true. So that's not the true dps with crits.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:41 pm
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Danger wrote:
Just so you know, ship window gives 150% damage per crit instead of 50% which is what's true. So that's not the true dps with crits.

Stop ruining our fun with your math facts!

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:45 pm
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

*Pushes invisible glasses up* Well excuse me for stating the facts ;D

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:09 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

ELITE wrote:
u called ?

Base DPS * (Crit Chance * Crit Damage + 1) = Final DPS, do that and you'll get the right amount of damage, ship window doesn't calculate crit DPS right. So when you push really hard into Critical hit strength/critical hit chance your numbers inflate really high when the only class that can get anywhere near numbers that high is a Seer.

Last edited by MasterTrader on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Out of the horses mouth.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
ELITE wrote:
u called ?

Base DPS * (Crit Chance * Crit Damage + 1) = Final DPS, do that and you'll get the right amount of damage, ship window doesn't calculate crit DPS right. So when you push really hard into Critical hit strength/critical hit chance your numbers inflate really high when the only class that can get anywhere near numbers that high is a Seer.

If we know exactly where the math on the ship window is going wrong, why the fuck isn't it getting fixed? Just wondering...

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:55 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

ShawnMcCall wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
ELITE wrote:
u called ?

If we know exactly where the math on the ship window is going wrong, why the fuck isn't it getting fixed? Just wondering...

Nothing to "wonder" about, it's star sonata and it's developers. I can't be bothered any more with this thread but prawns has to be nerfed regardless of what ship info window says - the ship burns everything way too fast with it's dps. The players shouldn't be doing more than 200k dps if common pps ais have 800k-1.2m shield.

Last edited by the white wizard on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:03 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

pics or it didn't happen

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:04 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

ShawnMcCall wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
ELITE wrote:
u called ?

I'm a content dev, I don't have access to the things neccessary to fix the ship window. Otherwise I would. And the devs with access are currently programming really important stuff.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:10 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
I'm a content dev, I don't have access to the things neccessary to fix the ship window. Otherwise I would. And the devs with access are currently programming really important stuff.

That should be a super quick fix though right? It sounds like the problem is that the ship window is using Base DPS * (Crit Chance * 1.5 + 1) for vanilla crit dps, where it should be using Base DPS * (Crit Chance * .5 + 1)

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:35 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Pretty sure the proper fix/math/bug has been posted many many times over the past 2-3 years. It's not a question of do they have the time, it's more cba.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next