Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Prawn Nerf
ELITE wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:

I see some space between being a side-grade and a straight upgrade. T22 is not designed to be a straight improvement to all things T21, but you should be able to find ways to make it better than T21, depending on what you do with it.

Prawn FCs exist, so the claw should probably be left as is.

Two of them. Prawn SDs exist, so we can't remove the 4th aug.

Fuck off :P.

Prawn claw isn't OP though. The fourth Aug and MF is the problem. Not the claw.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:05 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Shawn, now you're sounding like the people who say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" after mass shootings.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:31 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Tomzta09 wrote:
Shawn, now you're sounding like the people who say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" after mass shootings.

Not really... no one goes for a prawn because they're like, "damn, that claw though..."

Prawns are ridiculous for their 4th aug and ability to power while MFing (because of the 4th aug). The claw gives -10% resists, which is not a huge deal considering gunners give -20% resists, and FCs give +36% damage from an AI base item, and RP ships drop like -50% resists from their super, and don't even get me started on amp devices. You better go nerf all that shit first, if you're telling me the Prawn Claw is a problem. The Prawn claw is not a huge factor, the only thing it does is allows FCs to play with the ship, and that is not a bad thing at all.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:48 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

Not really... no one goes for a prawn because they're like, "damn, that claw though..."

Prawns are ridiculous for their 4th aug and ability to power while MFing (because of the 4th aug). The claw gives -10% resists, which is not a huge deal considering gunners give -20% resists, and FCs give +36% damage from an AI base item, and RP ships drop like -50% resists from their super, and don't even get me started on amp devices. You better go nerf all that shit first, if you're telling me the Prawn Claw is a problem. The Prawn claw is not a huge factor, the only thing it does is allows FCs to play with the ship, and that is not a bad thing at all.

Sure. Make it unequipable and sticky to ship and I'm fine with it.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:51 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Hull: 750
Speed: 70
Aug slots: 4
Wep slots: 4
Weight: 1.4m
Size: N/a
Resists: 24% to all but Trans
JuiceGen: 100
Vis: 50
Reflect: 300%
AugMods: Shields +50%, Range -20%, Tracking -40%
Prawn Claw launches Fighters and Missiles, +20% damage to either.

Something like this work?

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:02 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Pontius123 wrote:

Nah cause its keeping the 4th aug in your design which is just a straight up bad idea. I've already started working on a 3 aug redesign.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:28 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

I liked the idea suggested earlier of having the Claw as a super item instead, like the Red Photon Aura.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:10 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Shawn, the -10% vulnerability aura (-17% for FC prawns) affects it's friends and gives them +17% resistance to all damage types, it doesn't make enemies more vunlerable. The inbuilt prawn aura isn't overpowered or underpowered - as shawn said no one actually says "I'll make a prawn fc because that aura so OP I must have". While beginner players don't have any use for the prawn aura and don't have enough resources to "waste" them like this, the 'endgame' players in large teams do have use for prawn FCs. The main issue with prawn is how much DPS players can get with it and that's what was supposed to be nerfed, the prawn claw was one of the drawbacks for using the ship - the player was stuck with an extremely slow zerker ship that couldn't equip a travel field to go faster. I'd like the prawn claw to remain as an inbuilt aura generator, or at least gives FCs more auras because as it is now a squad can have only up to two FCs for two different auras - a third FC is almost completely useless because the third aura would have similiar stats to the other two and they don't stack. Prawn claw expands the limit to 3 useful FCs.

Or, give FCs auras that affect their enemies.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

heylo wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

Nah cause its keeping the 4th aug in your design which is just a straight up bad idea. I've already started working on a 3 aug redesign.

http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Equaminizer
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Shrimp
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/UrQa_Suqqa_Ukuk
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Scrupling
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Paxian_Selenologica
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Hephaestus_Machine
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Paxian_Battle_Frigate

Nerf them too, then.

With exception of the Paxian Battle Frigate, they're all four aug slot ships and perfectly balanced (so the admins say the HM is). The PBF is a 3 aug capital ship.

While I'd argue that the Mini-Izer and the Ukuk are balanced because of very low hull, neither of them have negative Tracking 'bonus', which at all stages of the game a very hard stat to get back and still keep your high DPS status. Your best bet at T21 is a Markswoman Augmenter, which is pretty crippling when you consider it was a Nightfury Anger or The Emperor's Augmenter before. The purpose of negative Tracking is to hammer MCers.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:45 pm
Contributor

Update: We're most likely going to leave it as it is right now for another universe. The work involved in rebalancing T22 content, reworking T21 heavy fighters and compensating Recon Focus classes appropriately for the upcoming changes to MF2 are going to take quite some time from the volunteer devs. I'm not very confident we can pull it all off in 2 weeks time, especially with colleges starting back up, but we will try our best. If it does seem like we're going to make it before reset I will of course let you all know.

Current plans for the T21 heavy fighter rebalance:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:10 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

So to get 1.2x DPS we need to sacrifice DPE and Range, while for more DPE we sacrifice nothing, and for Range we also sacrifice nothing. Sounds like the worst balancing ever done :D.

In before enkelin goes apeshit about me forcing my opinion on others.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:25 pm
Contributor

KonanCruss2 wrote:
So to get 1.2x DPS we need to sacrifice DPE and Range, while for more DPE we sacrifice nothing, and for Range we also sacrifice nothing. Sounds like the worst balancing ever done :D.

DPS is a far more valueable stat than range or DPE, that is why we've done it this way.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:30 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Ya, for damn sure. Then you get a -40% Tracking in the end because DPS is more valuable too. It's not like to PvB you need to have 10k range to actually survive, nor do you need alot, and alot of DPS to dent kits; but ohn wait, PvB is non existent next uni, so who cares.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:37 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Ya, for damn sure. Then you get a -40% Tracking in the end because DPS is more valuable too. It's not like to PvB you need to have 10k range to actually survive, nor do you need alot, and alot of DPS to dent kits; but ohn wait, PvB is non existent next uni, so who cares.

We haven't made a decision yet on -% Tracking. It will take playtesting first and we haven't had time to do that.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:31 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

heylo wrote:
KonanCruss2 wrote:

DPS is a far more valueable stat than range or DPE, that is why we've done it this way.

Commonly best DPE translates into best DPS so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:14 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next