Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Prawn Nerf
Ah damn, DarkSteel just dropped his toy mic out of whatever the fuck a pram is.

But yeah, stiffer, the original dev suggestion was simply -50% range inbuilt on prawn, we all asked for more because the prawn needs a significant nerf.

Also, no class being nerfed or beefed in years is typically a really bad thing. That is why WoW devotes a large amount of development to stat drawdowns and class rebalances with every expansion. If you keep introducing more content without changing old, then you are creating new overpowered conditions that could not exist before when the content was originally introduced.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

ShawnMcCall wrote:

But yeah, stiffer, the original dev suggestion was simply -50% range inbuilt on prawn, we all asked for more because the prawn needs a significant nerf.

Also, no class being nerfed or beefed in years is typically a really bad thing. That is why WoW devotes a large amount of development to stat drawdowns and class rebalances with every expansion. If you keep introducing more content without changing old, then you are creating new overpowered conditions that could not exist before when the content was originally introduced.

Content should be tested before release. If it was tested properly then Devs wouldnt need to make adjustments at later dates. So you cant really state beefing or nerfing is a good thing. As I said above if it was done properly no one would know any diffrent and not complain about fucking us over.

Do it right first time, everytime.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:53 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Badgerlost wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Content should be tested before release. If it was tested properly then Devs wouldnt need to make adjustments at later dates. So you cant really state beefing or nerfing is a good thing. As I said above if it was done properly no one would know any diffrent and not complain about fucking us over.

Do it right first time, everytime.

You obviously didn't read his post. This happens in every single other game.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:20 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Badgerlost wrote:
This nerf shit is stupid... if you all complaining about ships being OP ect then make content harder... I came on today to see BNF has been nerfed. Yay 30mins less without being AFK.

People have invested time and money into their ships for what? Just to get shit on when someone comes up with an epic outfit that rapes?

Its a never ending story... what you gonna hit next? Gunner? Since HeavyG is making a huge impact with his outfit.

Just leave everything how it is for god sake.

Adam you're my friend and I like you a lot but just what planet are you on? They have been doing exactly what you just said for the five years the Prawn has been in the game. They've literally balanced content around the overall DPS output of Prawns. This nerf should have been done a long time ago and I am still struggling to understand why it wasn't done sooner, but it was inevitable that this nerf was coming. Did you honestly think that a Tech 21 Heavy Fighter with 4 Augmenter slots wasn't eventually going to get nerfed? Speaking of which, is the Heph Machine also getting a nerf?

If more people quit because their gravy train of extreme DPS from Prawns then good riddance. I really couldn't care less because this nerf has been long overdue and has caused more unbalance than anything else.

As for the nerf on multifiring, I agree it is very stupid and it's hurting the other classes most of all. I once again try to urge the devs to reconsider the nerf on multifiring. My reasoning? There is only one ship under one class where multifiring is actually broken. Please wait until the Prawn has been nerfed and you will see that multifiring isn't and wasn't the problem. Let me just quickly address the "Free DPS" argument, what part of farming DGs / buying dozens of Hydra Gear along with bindomite is it free? Some have invested billions into certain Mod combinations, not to mention it's given some value to these items and has allowed more credits to be distributed. It doesn't seem very free to me.

Finally, you just posted a screenshot of you MCing BNF earlier on. You are not a solo player.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:23 am
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Tomzta09 wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:
This nerf shit is stupid... if you all complaining about ships being OP ect then make content harder... I came on today to see BNF has been nerfed. Yay 30mins less without being AFK.

People have invested time and money into their ships for what? Just to get shit on when someone comes up with an epic outfit that rapes?

Its a never ending story... what you gonna hit next? Gunner? Since HeavyG is making a huge impact with his outfit.

Just leave everything how it is for god sake.

Adam you're my friend and I like you a lot but just what planet are you on? They have been doing exactly what you just said for the five years the Prawn has been in the game. They've literally balanced content around the overall DPS output of Prawns. This nerf should have been done a long time ago and I am still struggling to understand why it wasn't done sooner, but it was inevitable that this nerf was coming. Did you honestly think that a Tech 21 Heavy Fighter with 4 Augmenter slots wasn't eventually going to get nerfed? Speaking of which, is the Heph Machine also getting a nerf?

If more people quit because their gravy train of extreme DPS from Prawns then good riddance. I really couldn't care less because this nerf has been long overdue and has caused more unbalance than anything else.

As for the nerf on multifiring, I agree it is very stupid and it's hurting the other classes most of all. I once again try to urge the devs to reconsider the nerf on multifiring. My reasoning? There is only one ship under one class where multifiring is actually broken. Please wait until the Prawn has been nerfed and you will see that multifiring isn't and wasn't the problem. Let me just quickly address the "Free DPS" argument, what part of farming DGs / buying dozens of Hydra Gear along with bindomite is it free? Some have invested billions into certain Mod combinations, not to mention it's given some value to these items and has allowed more credits to be distributed. It doesn't seem very free to me.

Finally, you just posted a screenshot of you MCing BNF earlier on. You are not a solo player.

So what just because theres a picture of me MCing BNF means i dont just take my prawn into Prophet? Yes i MC but i also solo so idk what you are trying to point out over a picture.

Im not kicking off over the prawn even know it has upset me, its the fact they are nerfing every fucking class pretty much. MF has uses in alot of classes currently, SD being one of them, if you take away MF from SD its pretty much useless apart from scouting.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:00 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Badgerlost wrote:
Im not kicking off over the prawn even know it has upset me, its the fact they are nerfing every fucking class pretty much. MF has uses in alot of classes currently, SD being one of them, if you take away MF from SD its pretty much useless apart from scouting.

I've pointed that out to DarkSteel, and he said he was doing something to Recon focus classes so they don't get useless because of the removal of MF. You've been away for a while, you should read a bit of the topics and also the patch notes. It could help ya majorly I'm sure. There have been alot of changes since you've stopped playing.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:09 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Solo means solo. There is one character on the entire squad, and that's it. Solo MC is effectively not solo. You have 2+ characters present. That's basically the same as 2+ players, depending on how good the MCer is. That is not solo.

The Prawn was always going to be overpowered no matter how much testing you gave it. It had good stats prior to factoring in the fourth aug. In fact, it was deemed very overpowered by Hober and Enk. Turned out, the developer that added the Prawn tricked the balance sheet into not recognizing the OPness by classifying the build as mega super stupid ultra hard, which in turn allowed for the ship to be created without setting off alarms. And because the Shrimp has been in the game forever under the same conditions, no one bothered to check whether it really should have been that strong.

As for MF2. Multifiring is not the problem. There are significant drawbacks to MFing. You suffer in the hull space and sustain departments for greater damage output. Essentially, you're adding more burst damage to the setup.

The ease in grabbing MF2 was the problem. That's why Fractional Bots are getting overhauled and Hydra gear lost their MF bonus. The result is that if you want to MF greater than normal (3 or 5 for Zerk, or 2 for Gunner), you need to aug your ship with a dedicated MF aug. For example, a Cerberus.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:11 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Antilzah wrote:
This is offtopic but I recall hearing that some admin equipped minor docking on someone's Izer back when there was not a single way to remove augs. :D

< we had a disagreement but this is true. That was a long time ago though

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:49 pm
Profile YIM
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

110% better idea.

Nerf the resists of the Prawn to make it a glass cannon heavy fighter. Keep 4 augs since Shrimp has always had 4 slots and was considered a glass cannon.

The only reasoning's devs have given for the better option that makes more sense, is laughable.

Dev reasoning: -survivability doesn't matter, and lost time doesn't matter

It actually does... dying to a boss due to low resists =/= less dps. This requires the player to be active and cognitive about mitigating damage to actually get the most dps out of it.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:49 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

brindlebull wrote:
110% better idea.

Nerf the resists of the Prawn to make it a glass cannon heavy fighter. Keep 4 augs since Shrimp has always had 4 slots and was considered a glass cannon.

The only reasoning's devs have given for the better option that makes more sense, is laughable.

Dev reasoning: -survivability doesn't matter, and lost time doesn't matter

It actually does... dying to a boss due to low resists =/= less dps. This requires the player to be active and cognitive about mitigating damage to actually get the most dps out of it.

Sorry, no. We aren't interested in "balancing" content by giving it extreme benefits and extreme liabilities. Time and time again, the players have proven that this results in simply putting the content to use in a context that mitigates the liabilities.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:26 pm
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

I just don't see how that isn't a good thing, to get the players to think about work-arounds to manage higher feats of strength, if they choose to take the harder path to do more damage, why not allow that capability?

Rather than streamlining to not give anyone a larger benefit, regardless how much creativity they muster to mitigate the negatives for their desired increased benefits.

Having these intricacies and variability makes the game more interesting.

Removing the aug slot will essentially make the Prawn a very expensive Delquad with higher resists.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:30 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

brindlebull wrote:
I just don't see how that isn't a good thing, to get the players to think about work-arounds to manage higher feats of strength, if they choose to take the harder path to do more damage, why not allow that capability?

Rather than streamlining to not give anyone a larger benefit, regardless how much creativity they muster to mitigate the negatives for their desired increased benefits.

Having these intricacies and variability makes the game more interesting.

Removing the aug slot will essentially make the Prawn a very expensive Delquad with higher resists.

The newinbuilt stats the prawn get are really really good for a ship inbuilt if you havent checked them.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:51 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12