Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Post Re: Upcoming Wildspace Change
heylo wrote:
Just responding to this, because I don't have any Intel in the other questions.

As for bases, the emphasis will definitely shift more towards what augs you use and not just what gear. But keep in mind that armada and Ada base gear will continue to be better than x gear so it does matter until people are able to upgrade to z.

As for the bvb question : you will still need an adjacent outpost to the Galaxy you want to bvb. That outpost allows you to lay up to 5 kits in the adjacent galaxy after 24 hours. If you want more than 5 kits you have to build the holoprojectors (max of 1 per station, so people can tell how many you have in your outpost) which will each allow 5 more bvb kits and they take a week (could still change) to build. So when you want to 15 kit a galaxy you have to lay an outpost and in that outpost you will have to build 2 holoprojectors. Once those finish you can assault the Galaxy you're after.

So if I border someone with my HQ, I still need to deploy an outpost in the galaxy, which I already own (thanks to HQ) to be able to build the holoprojecters if deemed necesarry?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

KonanCruss2 wrote:
heylo wrote:
Just responding to this, because I don't have any Intel in the other questions.

As for bases, the emphasis will definitely shift more towards what augs you use and not just what gear. But keep in mind that armada and Ada base gear will continue to be better than x gear so it does matter until people are able to upgrade to z.

As for the bvb question : you will still need an adjacent outpost to the Galaxy you want to bvb. That outpost allows you to lay up to 5 kits in the adjacent galaxy after 24 hours. If you want more than 5 kits you have to build the holoprojectors (max of 1 per station, so people can tell how many you have in your outpost) which will each allow 5 more bvb kits and they take a week (could still change) to build. So when you want to 15 kit a galaxy you have to lay an outpost and in that outpost you will have to build 2 holoprojectors. Once those finish you can assault the Galaxy you're after.

So if I border someone with my HQ, I still need to deploy an outpost in the galaxy, which I already own (thanks to HQ) to be able to build the holoprojecters if deemed necesarry?

No, You can build the holoprojectors in any galaxy, not just outposts :)

In short, nothing changes about the way you assault galaxies. We are just putting limits on the amount of kits that you can use offensively into enemy territory, which you can increase with time and investment.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:42 am
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

I like that we r going to get less galaxies. I thought the amount of galaxies is depending to the amount of people playing the game too.. Never had that impression or the connection is too loose.
If people want to try out base building, or not participate in bvb, they can always built in EF space.
Timing wise, yeah not the best timing to change mechanics of bases and reduce the galaxy system number at the same uni reset.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:54 am