Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Post Upcoming Wildspace Change
Can we get a bit more info regarding this, I hear the galaxy count is getting drasticly reduced. How exactly are galaxies being beefed to compensate? Will more gals get ai bases as overall half as many galaxies should mean far less overall? Have you considered that many more people may want to build due to the upcoming base X gear change?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:17 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Upcoming Wildspace Change
More isolated pockets of good galaxies would be pretty cool, but I doubt the overall quality will increase. I believe the point is that the current playerbase size makes huuuuge gaps in between the various teams. I have a stinking suspicion that the developers are also not too keen on having super good quality galaxies so you just pick one and never need to fight any other people.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:38 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

This was posted a few days ago but they have already changed the map seed and possibly other minor tweaks but should give a rough idea. Sundog said: "Roughly 1/2 as many IC bases". It's loaded on the test server already, some people explored it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:12 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Wow that looks fugly and small.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:21 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Wow that looks fugly and small.

We are clustering warp 3 in the middle for a reason. We want the best gals to not have map borders so that people can't hug them to cut down on the number of BvBable gals in their territory.

potato2 wrote:
Can we get a bit more info regarding this, I hear the galaxy count is getting drasticly reduced. How exactly are galaxies being beefed to compensate? Will more gals get ai bases as overall half as many galaxies should mean far less overall?

300 galaxies in Wild Space, with high DFs in the middle. We have made it so that the minimum number of planets in a gal scales from 0 at DF 60 (lowest in WS) to 6 at DF 280-300. That means that higher DF gals will have a guaranteed 4-6 planets depending on how just how high the DF is. There will be roughly 80 AI bases in Wild Space that deal in industrial commodities. Of these, there will be roughly 14 for Girders, Chatbots, Cells, and Whisky and 8 for Figurines, Cyborgs, and Buffers.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:38 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Perfect for traders

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:39 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

sabre198 wrote:
Perfect for traders

Why, because we're good at BvB? The reduction in galaxies has been requested by many players, and a quick glance at the current Wild Space ownership density will explain that. As to the plan of eliminating map edges in high DF, it just seems like common sense when you notice how all endgame teams are current hugging the edges. We have tried the inversion of the current plan before – it's how Wild Space was shortly after C2. There was essentially no territorial conflict.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:37 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

1. Hom many W1,W2,W3 galaxies?

2. What are the qualities of the galaxies of the different DFs? A rare few very good ones, for which people will fight for or a general lift of the floor, while the ceiling is still the same; or something else? What's the limit on how good a galaxy can be in W1,W2,W3?

3. About AI bases, want people to fight for the AI bases? There are 200+ W3 galaxies taken (this uni), I'm sure that ICs will become obsolete or will just be a war thing which the team with the most patience will get.

4. Will Aggro bases be introduced with the new map layout? If not, what is holding you back from implementing it? If this isn't implemented, defending galaxies will be a pain in the ass. Especially with this kind of map layout.

5. Will there be enough space with 300 galaxies since currently, for this uni there are 200+ W3 galaxies taken by all the teams together? Won't this stimulate BvB too hard and won't it shatter the lower end teams even harder?

6. What are the effects of the new base change have on this new map layout? Won't it be too hard to defend and too easy to attack people? People their HQ's will be next to each other, outposts won't be needed anymore. How will the BvB Holoprojector work with this?

7.What about the idea of the holoprojector to deploy more BvB kits during an attack, will that be implemented next uni? If this isn't implemented yet, defending galaxies will be a nightmare, the potential assault of several 10-20 Kits may be the dead of alot of people.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:19 am
over 9000!

KonanCruss2 wrote:
1. Hom many W1,W2,W3 galaxies?

Here is an example from a test uni that Bobbo generated, (DF-quantity).

Code:
 50 - 53
 60 - 37
 80 - 33
100 - 26
120 - 23
140 - 27
160 - 26
180 - 19
200 - 16
220 - 17
240 - 12
260 -  7
280 -  3
300 -  1

2. What are the qualities of the galaxies of the different DFs? A rare few very good ones, for which people will fight for or a general lift of the floor, while the ceiling is still the same; or something else? What's the limit on how good a galaxy can be in W1,W2,W3?

The basic generation code is the same as current, except that we are raising the minimum number of planets per galaxy proportionally with DF, scaling from 0 to 6.

3. About AI bases, want people to fight for the AI bases? There are 200+ W3 galaxies taken (this uni), I'm sure that ICs will become obsolete or will just be a war thing which the team with the most patience will get.

It was always the intention of the IC system for the bases to be contested by multiple players/teams. There will be roughly half as many IC bases next uni, so get out there and stake a claim!

4. Will Aggro bases be introduced with the new map layout? If not, what is holding you back from implementing it? If this isn't implemented, defending galaxies will be a pain in the ass. Especially with this kind of map layout.

I will bring this up at the meeting. I would like for it to be implemented but we may not have the time to code it unfortunately. I will at least attempt to gain consensus on the issue.

5. Will there be enough space with 300 galaxies since currently, for this uni there are 200+ W3 galaxies taken by all the teams together? Won't this stimulate BvB too hard and won't it shatter the lower end teams even harder?

I don't think so. Endgame teams won't be very interested in building all the way out to the fringes where gal quality is lower. They may be a bit squished in the middle but that is the point. In my experience, when we did all have to squish in together there still wasn't a CRAZY number of border disputes after the first week.

6. What are the effects of the new base change have on this new map layout? Won't it be too hard to defend and too easy to attack people? People their HQ's will be next to each other, outposts won't be needed anymore. How will the BvB Holoprojector work with this?

As we learned in the previous threads, you and I don't agree on the potential effects of the new system on attack and defense. Outposts may be less needed, but still useful if you want to BvB someone you don't neighbor, or BvB them from a different angle.

7.What about the idea of the holoprojector to deploy more BvB kits during an attack, will that be implemented next uni? If this isn't implemented yet, defending galaxies will be a nightmare, the potential assault of several 10-20 Kits may be the dead of alot of people.
Last I spoke with Jey, this mechanic is slated to be in for uni reset.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:30 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

There are 128 W3 galaxies in the test universe Bobbo created. This uni, there are 200+ W3 galaxies taken. I know for a fact that alot of people want to/will take more galaxies.
Let's say that these 200 galaxies are to be decent, with 30 Base Slots each, I doubt that a universe with 300 galaxies in total will be able to house all these bases.

How were the settings before for the worst galaxies per DF? How are the planet ressources attributed, will you have a rare chance to get Loads of Metals planet(s)/moon(s) in a W1 galaxy, ...

I don't care if we agree or not, everyone knows that already. What I want to know is how those new base changes would change the experience. I want to know what they would do when everyone is bordering each other, how will the cost shift from base gear to augmenters, how will new players contend to get a decent galaxy. I also want to know how the base holoprojectors would work, if don't need an Outpost to BvB. Would you need to make it in the border galaxy, or in your HQ galaxy.

End game teams won't be interested, right now, to build at the edge, but I wonder if the space is too smal, won't they also take the lower DF galaxies.

Since I'm in the context of talking about next uni, will Anatolia be disabled? It's border line abuse of broken content, or unfinished content.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:11 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

While I do like the reduction I think half is a bit too much, make it 400-450 total gals, because with this X gear change many more people will have an incentive to build and with no space for them they will never be able to gain a foothold in wildspace aside from warp1 areas.

Also how much of an increase of quality is this compared to before, even 4-6 planets is not a large quantity and I personaly think the minimum should be 6 for the higher df warp 3 galaxies considering that the overall space is being reduced so much.

It's always been my opinion that every galaxy at least warp 3 ones should be worth taking, and they simply aren't if they have 4 planets in considering the resources invested into multiple ada kits to defend, at the least perhaps edit the minimum moons to equal or double the planet minimum

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:07 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

KonanCruss2 wrote:

I don't care if we agree or not, everyone knows that already. What I want to know is how those new base changes would change the experience. I want to know what they would do when everyone is bordering each other, how will the cost shift from base gear to augmenters, how will new players contend to get a decent galaxy. I also want to know how the base holoprojectors would work, if don't need an Outpost to BvB. Would you need to make it in the border galaxy, or in your HQ galaxy.

Just responding to this, because I don't have any Intel in the other questions.

As for bases, the emphasis will definitely shift more towards what augs you use and not just what gear. But keep in mind that armada and Ada base gear will continue to be better than x gear so it does matter until people are able to upgrade to z.

As for the bvb question : you will still need an adjacent outpost to the Galaxy you want to bvb. That outpost allows you to lay up to 5 kits in the adjacent galaxy after 24 hours. If you want more than 5 kits you have to build the holoprojectors (max of 1 per station, so people can tell how many you have in your outpost) which will each allow 5 more bvb kits and they take a week (could still change) to build. So when you want to 15 kit a galaxy you have to lay an outpost and in that outpost you will have to build 2 holoprojectors. Once those finish you can assault the Galaxy you're after.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:28 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Wait? 1 max holoprojector but you're saying you need to build two of them on same base? Don't you mean you would need to deploy two outpost in same gal or something?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:38 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

redalert150 wrote:
Wait? 1 max holoprojector but you're saying you need to build two of them on same base? Don't you mean you would need to deploy two outpost in same gal or something?

You can only have one holoprojector on a single base, if you want more than 10 assault kits to BvB their galaxy you will need to build another base to build the holoprojector on.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:53 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

potato2 wrote:
While I do like the reduction I think half is a bit too much, make it 400-450 total gals, because with this X gear change many more people will have an incentive to build and with no space for them they will never be able to gain a foothold in wildspace aside from warp1 areas.

This is actually a really good point. A lot of people currently don't build due to complexity. Such a large reduction is liable to put new guys who want to try it out in direct competition with guys who have been doing it fire years, and the new guys will just get wiped.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:45 am