Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Developer Update for New Universe
SunDog60 wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
I've got one on my Berserker, I recall, I just don't think I've undocked in it, lol.

Couldn't find it anyway. Ask mooncat to add it to the wiki, it's his job.
Then you can look at it.

I'll try to do this tomorrow or the day after, whenever I get a chance to stop building bases.

The lack of ship images on the wiki actually really annoys me, if you get me a way to get a picture of every single one I will add them all.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:27 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

ShawnMcCall wrote:
The lack of ship images on the wiki actually really annoys me, if you get me a way to get a picture of every single one I will add them all.

I can also work on doing this, with the testing and local servers I can transform my ship into whatever I want, allowing for consecutive images of ships, with no change in background or rotation as well. I can handle uploading them to the wiki as well.
An example of this having been done already can be found on the Fighters page on wiki, done by Egrosphere.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm

SunDog60 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

I can also work on doing this, with the testing and local servers I can transform my ship into whatever I want, allowing for consecutive images of ships, with no change in background or rotation as well. I can handle uploading them to the wiki as well.
An example of this having been done already can be found on the Fighters page on wiki, done by Egrosphere.

If you upload them and tell me how to link them into the tables I will do it for literally every ship ingame. This has bothered me since C1 =P

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:00 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SunDog60 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Try to get as high quality screenshots as possible. This is a good example of a ship image that could be a lot better quality.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

anilv wrote:
Try to get as high quality screenshots as possible. This is a good example of a ship image that could be a lot better quality.

Of course. I want to aim for the images to be like Egrosphere's. I've already uploaded images, such as some uber ones like Grease Lightning, and I don't believe they are of poor quality. With control over changing my ship, it'd make it even easier and nicer.

What do you all think of the gifs Markoz added? Essentially, which do you prefer of these two:

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm
over 9000!

I think the gif looks nicer, if it could be a little slower.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:01 pm

anilv wrote:
I think the gif looks nicer, if it could be a little slower.

A .gif at 6 rpms would actually be awesome. That way it takes 10 seconds to rotate. Only use them on the actual ship's page, not the ship listing though, because putting 200 .gifs on that page is going to lag it up and make it shitty.

So .gif + JPEG preferred. .gif for the ship's page, JPEG for Ship list page.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:16 pm
over 9000!

SunDog60 wrote:

Of course. I want to aim for the images to be like Egrosphere's. I've already uploaded images, such as some uber ones like Grease Lightning, and I don't believe they are of poor quality. With control over changing my ship, it'd make it even easier and nicer.

If this is the image you mean, I actually think the quality is fair but not great. The lighting isn't good and the in-game text is not very high res.

http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/File:Grease_Lightning.png

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:20 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

And the text font. What kind of person actually uses that font ever?

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

anilv wrote:
SunDog60 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Atleast it's top down!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:03 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

I just want to say that I started to fill this out, and then stopped because it reminded me of the days of myspace "surveys", lol...

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:44 am