Should Biologique Be BvBable
Yes 71%  71%  [ 22 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 31

Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Biologique
Simple question, should you be able to contest the current ownership of Bio at any given time? As we all know Bio is massively profitable and controls the easiest method of progression with base building. It was originally put in Perilous so that it would always be susceptible to attack, however with the current system PvB is no longer an option vs a properly built galaxy. So, yes or no?

I also personally feel that since Bio is meant to be a test of building capability (hence the mites that used to actually be able to kill bases) any player should be able to "test" your building at anytime by attempting a hostile takeover.

If you vote no, or if you just have something to add and voted yes, feel free to throw it in. Discussions and debate are fun.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:43 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Post Re: Biologique
Yes but not by having all said gals unowned while tractorships aren't as big as issue now with team msg warnings having it unowned will basicaly let any team setup kits right next to the current and be able to slaughter doing so

, Maybe a 2nd gal off of emp bio/bio/hyper that can be used to stage a bvb, But then you have the issue of what if one team outposts both

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:26 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

potato2 wrote:
Yes but not by having all said gals unowned while tractorships aren't as big as issue now with team msg warnings having it unowned will basicaly let any team setup kits right next to the current and be able to slaughter doing so

, Maybe a 2nd gal off of emp bio/bio/hyper that can be used to stage a bvb, But then you have the issue of what if one team outposts both

This^, RE can then just own emp bio bio and hyper with the gal before it (6 outpost slots ftw! (wasn't enough anyway this uni)). And im sure EF (whats left of them) and traders (maybe SRX) can do the same if they work to it.

Maybe make it be hard coded that both gals can't be owned by the same team (pre bio and bio for example).

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:56 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

lordjeroen wrote:
potato2 wrote:

This^, RE can then just own emp bio bio and hyper with the gal before it (6 outpost slots ftw! (wasn't enough anyway this uni)). And im sure EF (whats left of them) and traders (maybe SRX) can do the same if they work to it.

Maybe make it be hard coded that both gals can't be owned by the same team (pre bio and bio for example).

Time to revive Dark Traders to hold the pre gal...

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:29 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Yeah we aren't doing a pre-gal or doing any team-based hard coding limitations. I don't think there is any problem with being able to be BvBed without warning. In the old days it was possible to PvB it without warning and no one complained. BvB is the new PvB.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

heylo wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
potato2 wrote:

Time to revive Dark Traders to hold the pre gal...

Wanted to say that would still be possible, just didn't want to give people ideas.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:50 am
Main: Isaiah
Level: 7005

:mrgreen:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:32 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

I'm definitely in favor of bio (and other gals like it) being bvb-able. I also agree that a "pre-gal" isn't a good option.

I could potentially add a "bvb warzone" type flag, that lets anyone bvb gals marked with it (by devs) ignoring the adjacent owned gal rule (while keeping other rules in place, like the time limit).

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:59 am